Packer Fans In Bronco Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packer Fans In Bronco Country

I was at the game last night, and one of the things that upset me most were all the Packer fans in the stadium.
    the Broncos would make a bad play and i couldnt believe the amount of cheering.
    It was very sad being a bronco fan surrounded by Green Bay fans in our own stadium.
    Originally posted by PowderAddict
    I think the funny thing is that he's had his jerseys burned in TWO different cities
    However, in the gamble that is the NFL draft, we'll roll the dice on the proven and unmatched passing talent of Tebow rather than on the sorry track record of pro football talent evaluators.
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...rterbacks.html

Sign your CPs, I will return the favor!!

I went to the game last night as well, here are my thoughts.

-Mile High Magic?? Where?? I was in the club level and half the season tix holders sold their tix to friggen Packers fans. It was sad. There were a couple Cheeseheads who screamed In Com Plete when the BRONCOS would go incomplete....and no one around them said anything.

-The team looks lathargic. The only one hyping anything was Dre Bly. The guy looks like he actually wants to be there. I didn't see a single other player who looks like they LOVE their job. Pretty sad.

-I sat near Ian Gold's family.....told her I had adopted him. He is somehow related to Jennings from the Packers.

-Brandon Marshall is a damn player. That play where he lost yardage and was running around trying to gain it back, I can guarantee you it looked better in person than on tv.

-The food at Invesco sucks and is way overpriced.

-The before game festivities are a blast.

-Cutler makes some plays that just make you dig your face in your hands.....he lobbed a couple that were just really disappointing. And after seeing it live, I still don't see a lot of passion out of him.

-Sam Adams might as well get carried off the field on a stretcher after each play cause the guy is carrying WAY too much weight.

-There were a few messed up reads on D, guys flying onto the field at the last second and almost costing a 12 man penalty.

Had a good time, but didn't see a whole lot to be excited about.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Yeah it is sad to see Packer fans in Invesco Field last night.I'm just heart broken right now after the loss.It's not fair to see packer fans in our own house.

GO BRONCOS!!
      sigpic

Comment

Too many opposing fans!

Season ticket holders---Stop giving or selling tixs to opposing fans---. It's is hard to have homefield advantage when a 5th of the stadium is against the Broncos. A 1/2 hour before the game I thought I was at Lambough Field. If you can't go to the game, make sure Bronco fans get the tixs.

Comment

the pack has always traveled well. (dont forget a lot of people jumped ship when the rockies made the world series) Money talks too. 225-300 for a $78.00 ticket. Why not?

Comment

well, apparently all the packer fans at the stadium only botherd 3 of us... no wonder the mile high mystique is gone.
            Originally posted by PowderAddict
            I think the funny thing is that he's had his jerseys burned in TWO different cities
            However, in the gamble that is the NFL draft, we'll roll the dice on the proven and unmatched passing talent of Tebow rather than on the sorry track record of pro football talent evaluators.
            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...rterbacks.html

Sign your CPs, I will return the favor!!

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
              the pack has always traveled well. (dont forget a lot of people jumped ship when the rockies made the world series) Money talks too. 225-300 for a $78.00 ticket. Why not?
              Well I hope it worth it... but it was pretty embarrassing to see that many cheeseheads in the house that Elway built.
              Go Broncos !!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big Hock View Post
                I was at the game last night, and one of the things that upset me most were all the Packer fans in the stadium.
                It was very sad being a bronco fan surrounded by Green Bay fans in our own stadium.
                someone said it was some fans who sold them to packer fans so they can go to the world series.
                sigpic

Comment

Not only did it bother me that there were so many fans there last night, but ESPN would not stop FOCUSING on them! It was driving me crazy! The other thing that bothered me was the way they were talking about Favre like he died or something. I think he is definitely an amazing quarterback and has done some great things, but give me a break!

Anyway, that was my rant for the day. I sure hope Denver gets back to its winning ways (especially at home) soon!
                  "Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans"

Comment

Just over 500 no shows is pretty good turnout, but not when so many of the opposing teams fans are the ones who bought the tickets.

Almost as much tailgating for the Packers as the Broncos. In my section, it was probably 3-1 ratio Broncos to Packers fans.

What made me the maddest, was in the fourht quarter, when GB's defense was trying to hype up the crowd, the Packers fans started cheering (expected) and MANY Broncos fans started yelling (unexpected) because they heard others yelling (When they should have just shut their mouth) and making it even louder, when our offense was trying to move the ball.

Only a few more years, and I'll have my season tickets. If, and when I can't go, I'll give them to family and friends. If they can't go, I will make sure I ONLY sell to Broncos fans.

As the chants of " GO PACK, GO" echoed through the tunnels and in front of Invesco, it hit me, that the Mile High Magic is clearly gone.

Then, I saw something that made me wish something bad would happen to another human. I saw a fat woman, probably in her 40's, climbing on the back of the horse statue in front of Invesco, she seriously was on top of the amn thing, while her idiot friend was taking pictures.

I havn't ever seen a Broncos fan try this, *** was this B&[email protected]# doing?

I prayed she would fall, but no such luck.

I miss the old MIle high.

Comment

I was not able to attend last nights game,but I to was outraged by the amount of airtime the Packers and thier fans were getting from ESPN.Then to top it if they invited Favres wife into the both to talk about her husband,and her new book. The impression I got was that Favre had died or decided to retire.At first glance I didn't realize how many Packer fans were there until I heard the chants "Go Pack Go".I am about 5 years off before I get my season tickets.I have to be dead not to go to every game or make sure a family member goes and I know for damn sure I will not sell them to any non-Bronco fan no matter what the going price.

KICKERS : THE UNSUNG HEREOS OF THE GAME!!
                      sig.by Snk16

Comment

7 years off, and I won't sell mine either.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

We're losing Invesco.....

Originally posted by Big Hock View Post
                          I was watching that on TV and I couldnt believe it when I saw all of those packers fans in the stadium. How are these people getting tickets when Invesco is basically sold out normally? Maybe some ticket holders are selling out on the Broncos. Just a thought. I was kind of embarrassed to see all that green and yellow. We're losing Invesco. If its not to the wine and cheesers its to the opposing fans! Whats going on in Denver? You would never see this going on in Mile High Stadium.
                          http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JHoward View Post
                            I was watching that on TV and I couldnt believe it when I saw all of those packers fans in the stadium. How are these people getting tickets when Invesco is basically sold out normally? Maybe some ticket holders are selling out on the Broncos. Just a thought. I was kind of embarrassed to see all that green and yellow. We're losing Invesco. If its not to the wine and cheesers its to the opposing fans! Whats going on in Denver? You would never see this going on in Mile High Stadium.
                            Mile High wasn't full of whine and cheesers. Invesco's season tix have been gobbled up by a bunch of people who like the Broncos, but it's more of a status for them. They have no problem selling their tix to the opposing team because they really don't care that the Broncos NEED their fans, especially right now.
                            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

I got tickets at face value. Go Rockies! If it wasnt for the WS I dont think there would have been as many Packer fans there.

Comment

Working...
                              X