X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark
    replied
    Why weren't you there?

To everyone living in Denver p***ing and moaning about the Packer fans at the game. Why weren't you there? There were obviously lots of tickets available. If you would have bought one, that would of been one less Packer fan at the game.

Leave a comment:

• Gooshdawg
    replied
    Originally posted by DawgFanatic View Post
    haha thats why the browns fans are the best! we sellout our stadium even if we are 2-13 WITH BROWNS FANS! We don't jump on other bandwagons like some of your fair-weather fans! Now of course im not saying this to you, but you have a very big share of fair-weather fans like the chargers! Yes the packers have many good fans too, but would you really expect that many if they were lets say 4-2? or 3-3? Nope. Nonetheless the broncs had this game, they gave it away. See ya around fello Az resident.
    Actually Packer fans travel no matter their record. Alot of Packer fans plan vacations during football season to go to warm weather games. Record has nothing to do with how we support our team. Browns fans may appreciate their team more than in the past after going without one for a few years but dont get carried away.

Leave a comment:

• DawgFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by SunDevil_Jake View Post
    Just got back home after my trip to Denver and the first thing I wanted to do was get on here and talk about this issue. This trip was planned months ago when the schedule came out and I always love going "home" again (Colorado resident for the first 18 years of my life), so needless to say, I was really looking forward to it.

I simply cannot express how saddened I was to see the state of "Broncomania" on Monday Night.

I understand that the Packers are a storied franchise with a loyal fanbase that travels very well. But feeling like an outsider in our own stadium?? In my section, I was absolutely outnumbered. The few Bronco fans around me were mostly quiet. To their credit, most of the Packers fans I saw were classy and weren't disruptive. But walking out of the stadium after such a heartbreaking loss and being taunted by visiting fans left a very bad taste in my mouth. Undoubtedly, he worst part of the night was when I saw the Packers defense on the field waving their arms to rev up "their" crowd.

How sad.

Now I know how Cardinals fans feel when they are outnumbered here in their own stadium. Do you know how bad it is to say I know how a Cardinals fan feels!?
    haha thats why the browns fans are the best! we sellout our stadium even if we are 2-13 WITH BROWNS FANS! We don't jump on other bandwagons like some of your fair-weather fans! Now of course im not saying this to you, but you have a very big share of fair-weather fans like the chargers! Yes the packers have many good fans too, but would you really expect that many if they were lets say 4-2? or 3-3? Nope. Nonetheless the broncs had this game, they gave it away. See ya around fello Az resident.

Leave a comment:

• SunDevil_Jake
    replied
    Just got back home after my trip to Denver and the first thing I wanted to do was get on here and talk about this issue. This trip was planned months ago when the schedule came out and I always love going "home" again (Colorado resident for the first 18 years of my life), so needless to say, I was really looking forward to it.

I simply cannot express how saddened I was to see the state of "Broncomania" on Monday Night.

I understand that the Packers are a storied franchise with a loyal fanbase that travels very well. But feeling like an outsider in our own stadium?? In my section, I was absolutely outnumbered. The few Bronco fans around me were mostly quiet. To their credit, most of the Packers fans I saw were classy and weren't disruptive. But walking out of the stadium after such a heartbreaking loss and being taunted by visiting fans left a very bad taste in my mouth. Undoubtedly, he worst part of the night was when I saw the Packers defense on the field waving their arms to rev up "their" crowd.

How sad.

Now I know how Cardinals fans feel when they are outnumbered here in their own stadium. Do you know how bad it is to say I know how a Cardinals fan feels!?
    Last edited by SunDevil_Jake; 10-31-2007, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• joseph727
    replied
    When did MIle High turn to wine and cheese?

This was first Bronco home game as I am a lifelong Dallas resident. After years of dreaming of going to Mile High to see my favorite team play, I finally was given an opportunity to go and I brought my Packer Backer brother along for the dream. I have to tell you that I know he expected to be outnumbered and embarrassed, but it was quite the opposite. He may have still been outnumbered, but he felt right at home with all of his LOUD and Rowdy fan mates. I'd like to emphasize the LOUD and ROWDY part as I was always led to believe that Denver has a great home field advantage due to its loud and crazy fans. I remember saying to my brother that I thought we were in for the loudest experience of our lives. I was dead wrong as the fans were dead. Only the Packer Nation showed up last night. I was completely disgusted with the local fan base, if there is even one left. From what I hear, all the locals had to sell their tickets off when the new stadium took place. Now all we have is the beautiful people wine and cheese corporate pig fans taking up the space of the original Denver Rowdies! It's horrible to see all these rich punks wearing their brand new jerseys draped over their $1000 suits while all being afraid to stomp their feet and scream profanities at the opponent. HEY!I could have just stayed here and seen a game at Texas Stadium if I wanted to talk stocks and .com's while my defense is on the field needing a boost from the crowd! Thanks for nothing Denver. You really know how to screw up a good thing. Oh.....my brother told me to tell you locals thanks for making him feel right at home in section 505. Not one person talked smack to him the entire night.

One more thing. How come no one told me that Shanny lost his balls? Since when does a home team play for overtime?

Leave a comment:

• LRod
    replied
    Having so many Packers fans in the stadium was absolutley frustrating...but who didn't expect it, really? The Packers have arguably one of the strongest and most well traveled fan bases in the NFL .....

I agree. The Packers have been one of the most beloved football teams and they have been around FOREVER! They have some true fans and they follow their team. They are football history and they are part of the reason some people began watching football, back in the Lombardi days. I bet alot of our own Coloradoans are Packer fans, but hey, that's their choice. I also think that Brett Favre is a classy QB. Old ....but full of fire. I hate that they beat our Broncos, but we made some bad mistakes. You have to give props to a QB that burns both Bly and Bailey for touchdowns in one game.

Leave a comment:

replied
    This is, without a doubt, the most depressing thread I have ever read.

Bowlen...first you killed the Orange Crush...then you tore down Mile High...and now the Broncos tradition seems to be fading away, right down to the fans...

Leave a comment:

• RaiderHater9899
    replied
    What is happening to all of the fans? First, they walk out of the stadium during the Chargers game. Now we are being over run by the opposing teams' fans. It makes me sick to think Denver fans are letting Mile High get taken over. Where is the spirit? Yes, the team does seem to be losing heart, but what do you expect when their own fans aren't supporting and sticking up for them in their own house?

Leave a comment:

• The 500 Level
    replied
    Having so many Packers fans in the stadium was absolutley frustrating...but who didn't expect it, really? The Packers have arguably one of the strongest and most well traveled fan bases in the NFL and I knew when the schedule came out how many of their fans would be in attendance. There are tons of people from Wisconsin in Colorado...I see more licence plates from Cheesland than many other larger states. (not sure what's wrong with Wisconsin that so many people are moving away). The last two games at the stadium involved teams with two of the largest fan bases, Pittsburgh and Green Bay. Everyone should realize that it doesn't get much bigger than those teams when it comes to having huge numbers of fans everywhere.

Also, every home game for Denver attracts larger number of visiting fans anymore because of the large number of people who have relocated to Denver from other places and because Denver is a great road trip on a visiting team schedule (especially if you live in Wisconsin....ugh).

Lastly, the atmosphere in the stadium and involvement of the fan base truly correlates to the win / loss record and on-field performance. When the team is kicking *ss...the stadium is as loud as can be. When the team performance is mediocore as it has been this year, so goes the intensity of the fan base.

I think Invesco is a great stadium and when the team does well, the place rocks. It's the fans that make the atmosphere...not the stadium. Bricks can't cheer.

Leave a comment:

• MissinMcCaffery
    replied
    Just to add...I saw the lady getting on the horse too. I also saw three police officers stand and watch her do it then turn and walk away. Last I heard, it was a crime to go into the area where the horses are. I'm not sure what is going on at Invesco. Last night I saw two fist fights in the stands, a lady being carried out by six people and was threatened by a Packers fan. Not only is there no respect for the Bronco players and fans there is none regarding anything that has to do with the Broncos. On a positive note, Daniel Graham was told what happened to us and gave my daughter an autographed game program with him on the front cover.

Leave a comment:

• Gooshdawg
    replied
    I got tickets at face value. Go Rockies! If it wasnt for the WS I dont think there would have been as many Packer fans there.

Leave a comment:

• Giveemlove
    replied
    Originally posted by JHoward View Post
    I was watching that on TV and I couldnt believe it when I saw all of those packers fans in the stadium. How are these people getting tickets when Invesco is basically sold out normally? Maybe some ticket holders are selling out on the Broncos. Just a thought. I was kind of embarrassed to see all that green and yellow. We're losing Invesco. If its not to the wine and cheesers its to the opposing fans! Whats going on in Denver? You would never see this going on in Mile High Stadium.
    Mile High wasn't full of whine and cheesers. Invesco's season tix have been gobbled up by a bunch of people who like the Broncos, but it's more of a status for them. They have no problem selling their tix to the opposing team because they really don't care that the Broncos NEED their fans, especially right now.

Leave a comment:

• JHoward
    replied
    We're losing Invesco.....

Originally posted by Big Hock View Post
    I was at the game last night, and one of the things that upset me most were all the Packer fans in the stadium.
    the Broncos would make a bad play and i couldnt believe the amount of cheering.
    It was very sad being a bronco fan surrounded by Green Bay fans in our own stadium.
    I was watching that on TV and I couldnt believe it when I saw all of those packers fans in the stadium. How are these people getting tickets when Invesco is basically sold out normally? Maybe some ticket holders are selling out on the Broncos. Just a thought. I was kind of embarrassed to see all that green and yellow. We're losing Invesco. If its not to the wine and cheesers its to the opposing fans! Whats going on in Denver? You would never see this going on in Mile High Stadium.

Leave a comment:

• PatrickdaDookie
    replied
    7 years off, and I won't sell mine either.

Leave a comment:

• dsplcedbrncofan
    replied
    I was not able to attend last nights game,but I to was outraged by the amount of airtime the Packers and thier fans were getting from ESPN.Then to top it if they invited Favres wife into the both to talk about her husband,and her new book. The impression I got was that Favre had died or decided to retire.At first glance I didn't realize how many Packer fans were there until I heard the chants "Go Pack Go".I am about 5 years off before I get my season tickets.I have to be dead not to go to every game or make sure a family member goes and I know for damn sure I will not sell them to any non-Bronco fan no matter what the going price.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X