Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We can still make the playoffs. 10-6 is still there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, playoffs is out of the question...for NOW. Who says we can't get better tho? With key players in Rod and Javon, we can only get better but we didnt even fall that short from beating Green Bay. Rod will definately be a factor in the red zone too with his blockin and catchin abilities and Javon can definately do a great job of getting inside a corner for a slant we just have to have the guys on the field and the RIGHT PLAYS, THE RIGHT PLAYS must be called! It seems as though we weren't as motivated as last week vs. Pitt and we performed like our backs were against the wall but this week we did kinda let up a little bit. Where was Jarvis Moss? He could've definately gotten some good pressure on Brett and if him and elvis woulda been in there at the same time we coulda had farve moving more.
    Last edited by JoeBalla2k5; 10-30-2007, 03:40 PM.

Comment

He was replaced by Simeon Rice who did absolutely squat

Comment

Originally posted by BoderVhi View Post
        Do you honestly think KC will lose the next 2 games AT HOME?
        Never underestimate the ineptitude of Herm Edwards.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Playoffs????....Playoffs?????

Comment

to think we will make the playoffs is just crazy and unrealistic im with most of you guys that i would be happy to just see us improve we are a long way away from being able to compete with the new england and indy's of the world so in saying that i would be happy to win 7 or 8 games thats a stretch but i think we can beat a couple teams just with our offense later in the season the detroit game will probably be real real ugly for us which is very dissappointing for me since im going to the game i dont know how many times dre and champ are going to get burnt this week and that will just make this game ugly right away they have a developing run game with kevin jones now running the ball and tatum "the fumbler" bell on the inactive list where he belongs. I just hope for improvement over the rest of the season and hope we can do some things in the draft and offseason to make us more competitive next year but in reality we are at least 2 years away from a 10 or 11 win season the defense just has to many holes... about 8 of them or so and the offensive line is banged up old and just not performing.

Comment

It's funny because if we win that game, everybody tallks about how our banged up o line steps up again and how our defense comes out swingin for the 2nd week in a row. Too bad it had to come down to 1 play.....

Comment

So Minn is a tough game for SD? You realize they can't stop the pass, right? And I see KC not having many problems with GB. They CAN stop the rush, and they ALSO have a secondary that doesn't give up 1-play-80-yd TD's!!!!

Denver is so far in the back-seat right now, they can't even see over the dash.

From here on out, it's gut-check time for the players, and to see who's here/not here next year.

I'd say the same may be going for the coaches, as well.

You DON'T make the playoffs a goal, when you don't have a chance in winning.
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
                  I don't really see us doing better than 8-8. If Larry Johnson gets going late in the season, we're done for. Oakland has proved that the can run all over us and the Titans are just too good in the run game, espcially with Vince. It'll be the Jags game all over again. They are a running team and we can't stop the run at all. I want us to win, but those games are going to be tougher than we think. The D has to pull it around. Jay Cutler and Jason Elam can't be saving our asses every week.
                  I have confidence that our run d will get better... probably not good but at least average. We are already playing better than our record, we beet a very good steelers team and should have beaten green bay (which is also a very good team). If cutler continues at his current pace, he will be playing at a really hi level by the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegrass1 View Post
                    that we will still make the playoffs. Here is our remaining schedule with the games that I think we should win in bold.

@detroit
                    @kansas city
                    tennessee
                    @chicago
                    @oakland
                    kansas city
                    @houston

@san diego
                    minnesota

If we win the games in bold then we will end up 10-6 which will be good enough to play in the post season IMO.
                    True, it is never crazy to speculate making it to the playoffs. My only concern is how long we would last there.
                    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

This team shows no signs of being able to fix all the problems in time to go 7-2 down the stretch. I am not predicting us to finish higher than 8-8. Please prove me wrong Broncos!

Comment

I was thinking, with the way the Patriots and Colts are playing, does it really even matter if we make it to the playoffs. I am sure it is 1 of those two that will be winning the SB.
                        Last edited by MileHighStud; 10-30-2007, 09:14 PM.

Comment

What would be the point of the Broncos winning the division and getting into the playoffs? Even if they could do it they couldn't hope to win there and you know it if you're being honest.

Right now, Denver's offense is in worse shape than the defense, it's just more frustrating to watch other teams march down the field and score. Except for penalties the Packers would have totally dominated that game. They really had a LOT of plays called back on penalties and that helped the Broncos defense to hold them to FGs instead of TDs.

But, with Javon Walker out for another month, Henry injured and nearing the end of his Bronco career due to suspension, and Nalen out for the year, requiring even more OL juggling, it's just not going to happen this year for the Broncos.

It looks like an up-hill struggle right now to be 6-8 after the next 7 games. To break .500 would require a real turn-around that seems very unlikely at this point.

The Broncos quite frankly will be favored in 2 more games all year: against the Titans and the Vikings. I don't know they can beat the Chiefs at home and almost certainly will lose again on the road in KC like they always do. The Chargers beat them like a gong at home and there's no reason to think it will be better on the road in SD.

So much for the division.
                          Last edited by Cugel; 10-30-2007, 09:06 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

that we will still make the playoffs. Here is our remaining schedule with the games that I think we should win in bold.

@detroit
                            @kansas city
                            tennessee
                            @chicago
                            @oakland
                            kansas city
                            @houston

@san diego
                            minnesota

If we win the games in bold then we will end up 10-6 which will be good enough to play in the post season IMO.
                            And if I was 7 feet tall I would be in the NBA...

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
                              I was thinking, with the wasy the Patriots and Colts are playing, does it really even matter if we make it to the playoffs. I am sure it is 1 of those two that will be winning the SB.
                              Yeah thats true and I wouldn't expect the broncos to beat either of those teams, but denver in the playoffs is always a great time.

Comment

Yeah thats true and I wouldn't expect the broncos to beat either of those teams, but denver in the playoffs is always a great time.
                                Oh no doubt! If anything it gives us bragging rights over the rest of our division (If we win the division anyway and not the wild card). Right now the AFC West is like 4 midgets kicking each others shins.

Comment

Working...
                                X