Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We can still make the playoffs. 10-6 is still there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straz1999
    replied
    I'm gonna tell you guys this, it aint gonna happen. Two BRUTAL things against us are that we cant score touchdowns in the red zone (havent been able to for two seasons) and we cant stop the run. All of these older veterans that we have signed are now bringing us down. Simeon Rice has been unheard of. Sam Adams has played like his age (and weight) and we gave up a draft pick to dump a guy before the season started.

Jay Cutler looks like he is scared as hell to stand behind the pocket, because Eric Pears is probably gonna get beat again. The line is shaken up.

Honestly, I just hope we win 8 games this year. Anything more would be a plus.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo118
    replied
    Originally posted by _BrusT_ View Post
    Better get used to the facts that we are very far away from the playoffs. Our Defense sux even more than our TO Offense who can at least move the ball and get first downs.
    Chargers are rolling again and there is no way ever we catch them up. All we can do is finish the season decently. Playoffs are no matter anymore. I think it is ridiculous talking about that over and over again.
    I agree the season is over, so lets play for a draft pick. The Chargers offensive line owns Denvers defensive line = end of season.

Leave a comment:

• _BrusT_
    replied
    Better get used to the facts that we are very far away from the playoffs. Our Defense sux even more than our TO Offense who can at least move the ball and get first downs.
    Chargers are rolling again and there is no way ever we catch them up. All we can do is finish the season decently. Playoffs are no matter anymore. I think it is ridiculous talking about that over and over again.

Leave a comment:

• kmcgough25
    replied
    I hope I don't sound pessimistic, but I am not really that interested in the division this year. I am looking for consistency and the growth of our younger players for next year.

It seems like there is such a thin line between winning and losing in this league and we aren't ready to compete with the elite yet.

I'm just looking to finish strong to give me hope for 2008. Hope I don't get flamed, but I have adjusted my expectations and feel like we're a year away.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by chickennob2 View Post
    Guys, we're not depending on another teams' success/failure. We control our own destiny in the division. We have two games agaisnt KC, who we're one game behind. If we beat SD later this year, coupled with a Chargers loss to the Colts, we win the division. One week at a time, and we've got this thing.
    I think asking Denver to win the rest of their games is asking alot. They will lose a couple more, mainly because of the defensive problems.

We're 1 game back right now with SD and even if Denver beats them later in the year,m they could win out on the tiebreaker because Denver has more losses then SD does against conference teams, which is the next tie breaker criteria.

Leave a comment:

• chickennob2
    replied
    Guys, we're not depending on another teams' success/failure. We control our own destiny in the division. We have two games agaisnt KC, who we're one game behind. If we beat SD later this year, coupled with a Chargers loss to the Colts, we win the division. One week at a time, and we've got this thing.

Leave a comment:

• chickennob2
    replied
    You want to narrowly avoid the playoffs? What good does that do? I say we get Cutler some playoff experience early. And who knows, we still could legitimately win the division. We control our own destiny (exempting a potential tie-breaker with SD) in the division, and if we win the west, we get a home playoff game. I'll take Jay Cutler in Mile High in January against any team other than Indy or NE. And since they'll both have first round byes, we'd likely be playing the Titans, Jags, Ravens, or someone of that ilk. I say lets play strong, make the playoffs, and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• champbronc2
    replied
    Originally posted by NagaSadow View Post
    Anything can happen in the playoffs. Who thought the Steelers would beat the top 3 seeds in the AFC and the top seed in the NFC a few years ago? I know it's a loooooooong shot (no one is beating the Pats or Colts but each other, IMO) but there's a much better chance than if we didn't make the playoffs at all, right? I agree that we can win 10 games, I've been saying it all along, the second half schedule is quite easy. But again, 10 games might not be enough in the AFC.
    True that. The AFC is such a tough conference. Say we were in the NFC, we would be a lock for the playoffs!

The only bad part about the second half schedule is 7 out of our last 9 games are on the road. Luckily two of our tough games are at home.

Leave a comment:

• Broncomania96
    replied
    I think you guys could finish between 9-7 or 7-9 but i hope you turn it around

Leave a comment:

• NagaSadow
    replied
    Anything can happen in the playoffs. Who thought the Steelers would beat the top 3 seeds in the AFC and the top seed in the NFC a few years ago? I know it's a loooooooong shot (no one is beating the Pats or Colts but each other, IMO) but there's a much better chance than if we didn't make the playoffs at all, right? I agree that we can win 10 games, I've been saying it all along, the second half schedule is quite easy. But again, 10 games might not be enough in the AFC.

Leave a comment:

• go_cutler
    replied
    Originally posted by champbronc2 View Post
    Now I realized to have nice chances at the playoffs we need to go 7-2 our last 9 games. Tough right? Right, but if you look at the schedule we could do it.

I believe we can beat Detroit since they aren't as good as the Packers and I believe the NFC is junk. It will unfortunately be a tough game since they have a better running game than the Packers and we couldn't even stop the Packers. I am hoping our defense can step up, although I doubt it so. We will rely solely on Cutler and the offense and I believe we win that one.

Then we are @KC. Should be a good game. Crappy OLine and maybe we can stop them. I say that game is a toss up but I will assume it as a win.

After that we play at home against the Titans. I do think we lose to the Titans. Stopping Vince Young and their running game will be a dreadful challenge that I believe we will fail at. They are 3rd in the league in rushing and will cram it down our throat. 1st in rushing defense....

Then we play the Bears. Win. Bears suck. No rush offense no passing game. Maybe our defense will do something.

Then we are at the Raiders. Once again I think we win. We should do better than we did the first time we played them. If we adjust.

We then play KC at home. We win this one.

At the Texans after that week. They have an average offense of which I believe we can take advantage of. They have a great passing game and a horrid run offense. Hopefully we stop the pass. Maybe, just maybe, we stop their run..... We win this one.

Then we play @SD.... We get our asses handed to us again but not as bad since you can't possibly lose worse than 41-3 again right? Loss.

Then we play the Vikings at home. We win this one because we are at home and because Jackson will give us some INT's hopefully.

So all in all we go 6-2 in the stretch. We finish the season 10-6 and maybe make the playoffs. AFC is a tough conference so 10-6 isn't even a guarantee. Maybe we go 9-7 and lose to KC @KC. We still have a slim chance at the playoffs even there.

Now maybe this is all wishful thinking but hey, I believe.
    let's see if we can win next week against Detriot Lions..

Leave a comment:

• showtime24
    replied
    I could see 10-6 easily, and if we do make the playoffs we WILL be a much better team then we are now.

Leave a comment:

• Titans309Fan
    replied
    What will be tough for the Broncos will be overcoming the Titans and Jaguars for the wildcard spot. Cleveland is playing quite well too, and might make 10-6 (Baltimore will not have a winning record with their schedule, so they are out).

You do control your destiny in the AFC West, especially if you beat the Chiefs twice.

Now the playoff picture may change dramatically before the season ends. Last year, the Broncos, Bengals, and Jaguars looked like locks for a while, and none of them made it. Go on a win streak, and anything can happen.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBalla2k5
    replied
    I don't think KC's offense will be able to move the ball that effectively even at home against GB's defense. Farve can definately pass the ball against them and as far as we go, if we can get some players healthy, we definately have a shot at KC @home even tho theve killed us there the past few years. Cutler will be more succesfull against KC than Jake was. We are not short of talent, but we have had personel issues after a few players goin down. Rod should be back that game too so thats should be a boost for us.

Leave a comment:

• ColRockies_5
    replied
    If you would rather narrowly miss the playoffs than make it and lose, might as well hope for as many losses as we can manage so we can get a higher draft pick

Leave a comment:

Working...
X