Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We can still make the playoffs. 10-6 is still there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• champbronc2
    replied
    Originally posted by edog24 View Post
    I hate to seem negative, but why would you even want to go to the playoffs with this team? We will get steamrolled by whoever we play. I would rather get some good things going for next year, narrowly miss the playoffs and take some positive things into next season. If we squeak into the playoffs and get embarassed (which would happen), I think it is more detrimental.
    Fan satisfaction. Good morale. Yes, I believe getting killed in the playoffs brings better morale than not even making it.

Leave a comment:

• BoderVhi
    replied
    Do you honestly think KC will lose the next 2 games AT HOME?

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Denver can still win the division, but they should be extremely concerned, especially considering how SD has been playing.

You don't want your season dependent on another team's success/failure.

Especially a team like SD you could very well gon through the rest of the season with only 1 loss being to the Colts.

Leave a comment:

• blue bronco
    replied
    absolutely

You are absolutely right. We can still make playoffs and we have a good chance of doing that.
    Personally looking at our team right now our next big challenge will be san diego.

and we can do it we've been stopping the run. and you know we can stop the pass

just have faith people.

Leave a comment:

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    I don't really see us doing better than 8-8. If Larry Johnson gets going late in the season, we're done for. Oakland has proved that the can run all over us and the Titans are just too good in the run game, espcially with Vince. It'll be the Jags game all over again. They are a running team and we can't stop the run at all. I want us to win, but those games are going to be tougher than we think. The D has to pull it around. Jay Cutler and Jason Elam can't be saving our asses every week.

Leave a comment:

• scotto291
    replied
    true especially considering the fact that we are only 1 game behind in our division.

Leave a comment:

• bluegrass1
    replied
    It's not crazy to think...

that we will still make the playoffs. Here is our remaining schedule with the games that I think we should win in bold.

@detroit
    @kansas city
    tennessee
    @chicago
    @oakland
    kansas city
    @houston

@san diego
    minnesota

If we win the games in bold then we will end up 10-6 which will be good enough to play in the post season IMO.

Leave a comment:

• DRUNK
    replied
    There is still a lot of football left, and in this division, anything can happen....

Leave a comment:

• BrandonMarshall
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Great for being positive, but this is what the problem is with people.

Why look so far ahead?

You can't assume anything!

One game at a time... I hate seeing stuff like this because you know it just comes back to haunt us.

You can say we can be 10-6, or 11-5... or whatever. How about 1-0 next week? Lets worry about that first.
    If you have been a fan for any stretch of team in any sport you would know predictions are a huge part of sports.

Leave a comment:

• edog24
    replied
    I hate to seem negative, but why would you even want to go to the playoffs with this team? We will get steamrolled by whoever we play. I would rather get some good things going for next year, narrowly miss the playoffs and take some positive things into next season. If we squeak into the playoffs and get embarassed (which would happen), I think it is more detrimental.

Leave a comment:

• champbronc2
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    good post. I agree. Last night we had that game. Our Offense made some great adjustments. If J-Walk comes back week 13-14 YES, we can go 7-2. Thanks for supporting the team!!!!
    The road to the playoffs would have been so much easier had we won that game.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBalla2k5
    replied
    We Can Still Win Our Division....

Even though its not good to depend on other teams in the division losing, KC has Green Bay next week then us and if they lose both makes them 4-5. San Diego has Minnesota then Indy and both games will be tough. We must win the next 4 games to put ourselves into a more comfortable position but we must have all players healthy and ready. It kills me how alot of people are already looking foward to next year with only 7 games played. We still have 10 more and we MUST win atleast 6 or 7. Just stop making posts about giving up people because your dampering our confidence! WHenever we are officially eliminated from the playoffs thats when we start talking draft and so on.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    good post. I agree. Last night we had that game. Our Offense made some great adjustments. If J-Walk comes back week 13-14 YES, we can go 7-2. Thanks for supporting the team!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by champbronc2 View Post
    Now I realized to have nice chances at the playoffs we need to go 7-2 our last 9 games. Tough right? Right, but if you look at the schedule we could do it.

I believe we can beat Detroit since they aren't as good as the Packers and I believe the NFC is junk. It will unfortunately be a tough game since they have a better running game than the Packers and we couldn't even stop the Packers. I am hoping our defense can step up, although I doubt it so. We will rely solely on Cutler and the offense and I believe we win that one.

Then we are @KC. Should be a good game. Crappy OLine and maybe we can stop them. I say that game is a toss up but I will assume it as a win.

After that we play at home against the Titans. I do think we lose to the Titans. Stopping Vince Young and their running game will be a dreadful challenge that I believe we will fail at. They are 3rd in the league in rushing and will cram it down our throat. 1st in rushing defense....

Then we play the Bears. Win. Bears suck. No rush offense no passing game. Maybe our defense will do something.

Then we are at the Raiders. Once again I think we win. We should do better than we did the first time we played them. If we adjust.

We then play KC at home. We win this one.

At the Texans after that week. They have an average offense of which I believe we can take advantage of. They have a great passing game and a horrid run offense. Hopefully we stop the pass. Maybe, just maybe, we stop their run..... We win this one.

Then we play @SD.... We get our asses handed to us again but not as bad since you can't possibly lose worse than 41-3 again right? Loss.

Then we play the Vikings at home. We win this one because we are at home and because Jackson will give us some INT's hopefully.

So all in all we go 6-2 in the stretch. We finish the season 10-6 and maybe make the playoffs. AFC is a tough conference so 10-6 isn't even a guarantee. Maybe we go 9-7 and lose to KC @KC. We still have a slim chance at the playoffs even there.

Now maybe this is all wishful thinking but hey, I believe.
    Great for being positive, but this is what the problem is with people.

Why look so far ahead?

You can't assume anything!

One game at a time... I hate seeing stuff like this because you know it just comes back to haunt us.

You can say we can be 10-6, or 11-5... or whatever. How about 1-0 next week? Lets worry about that first.

Leave a comment:

• We can still make the playoffs. 10-6 is still there.

Now I realized to have nice chances at the playoffs we need to go 7-2 our last 9 games. Tough right? Right, but if you look at the schedule we could do it.

I believe we can beat Detroit since they aren't as good as the Packers and I believe the NFC is junk. It will unfortunately be a tough game since they have a better running game than the Packers and we couldn't even stop the Packers. I am hoping our defense can step up, although I doubt it so. We will rely solely on Cutler and the offense and I believe we win that one.

Then we are @KC. Should be a good game. Crappy OLine and maybe we can stop them. I say that game is a toss up but I will assume it as a win.

After that we play at home against the Titans. I do think we lose to the Titans. Stopping Vince Young and their running game will be a dreadful challenge that I believe we will fail at. They are 3rd in the league in rushing and will cram it down our throat. 1st in rushing defense....

Then we play the Bears. Win. Bears suck. No rush offense no passing game. Maybe our defense will do something.

Then we are at the Raiders. Once again I think we win. We should do better than we did the first time we played them. If we adjust.

We then play KC at home. We win this one.

At the Texans after that week. They have an average offense of which I believe we can take advantage of. They have a great passing game and a horrid run offense. Hopefully we stop the pass. Maybe, just maybe, we stop their run..... We win this one.

Then we play @SD.... We get our asses handed to us again but not as bad since you can't possibly lose worse than 41-3 again right? Loss.

Then we play the Vikings at home. We win this one because we are at home and because Jackson will give us some INT's hopefully.

So all in all we go 6-2 in the stretch. We finish the season 10-6 and maybe make the playoffs. AFC is a tough conference so 10-6 isn't even a guarantee. Maybe we go 9-7 and lose to KC @KC. We still have a slim chance at the playoffs even there.

Now maybe this is all wishful thinking but hey, I believe.
Working...
X