Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We can still make the playoffs. 10-6 is still there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutler4thewin
    replied
    When you think about it, our d only gave up 13 points..... not including overtime.... thats a hell of an effort. If we only give up 13 points a game, ill take being 32nd in the run, even tho if you look at last years game 7 we have 0 offensive starters that still start at the same position, we have still proven that we can at least score over 13 points. Plus i am very impressed with how our young guys step up and are not afraid on the game tying/winning drives, (the marshal catch and run) but we are really missing the Walker who could run past the secondary and score, and im a little confused on why we dont throw the quick fade to marshal more, he has proven that he is a competitor, let him go up and get it.

Leave a comment:

• Soldier96B
    replied
    Originally posted by bluegrass1 View Post
    that we will still make the playoffs. Here is our remaining schedule with the games that I think we should win in bold.

@detroit
    @kansas city
    tennessee
    @chicago
    @oakland
    kansas city
    @houston

@san diego
    minnesota

If we win the games in bold then we will end up 10-6 which will be good enough to play in the post season IMO.
    C
    With the way are running game is I dont see us beating Kansas City, San Diego, Minnesota, and Honestly Detroit has had a running game since Jones has been back so I don't think we will win them either. Same with Tennessee, they have been getting there running game going latly and White is a powerhouse and they way we have been takleing, yeah enough said. That means we finish 7-9. However I am very optamistic and think that the Broncos will start playing better at some point and that they will make me change my mind about their overall record.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel View Post
    Even if the Broncos finish 10-6 that likely wouldn't win them the division if they went 3-3 inside the division.

The Chargers are 4-3 after beating the Bears, the the Broncos, the Raiders and the Texans. The are 1-2 right now in the division, but the play:

SD @ MIN W
    IND @ SD L
    SD @ JAC W
    BAL @ SD W
    SD @ KC L
    SD @ TEN W
    DET @ SD W
    DEN @ SD W
    SD @ OAK W

That gives them 10-6 with 2 wins over the Broncos, and the division, unless the Chiefs also go 10-6 in which case KC wins it. Right now, the Chiefs are 2-0 in the division, and if they split with the Broncos (like they always seem to do) they will finish probably no worse than 4-2 in the division.

Probably the Chiefs will get win the division, unless SD is able to beat them in KC on December 2. Remember that the Chiefs have traditionally been almost unbeatable at home in December for years. Remember how the schedule makers always schedule their home game against the Broncos in late November or December? Why the hell can't they give KC a nice home game against the Broncos in late September when the weather is warm! (Not that it will matter much if the Bronco run defense doesn't improve).
    actually chargers are 2-1 in the division, but only 3-2 in the conference.

Leave a comment:

• Mike1709
    replied
    Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
    Kevin Jones, LJ, Three fatties (Vince Young, LenDale White, Chris Henry), Cedric Benson, Lamont Jordan, LJ again, Ahman Green, LT, and Adrian Peterson face the Swiss Cheese defense.
    Originally posted by Ferren View Post
    The Chiefs haven't been running well in general, Benson really sux, and Houston can't run.

But Tennesse, and Peterson, especially. OUCH!
    Neither could Green Bay

Even if the run D makes some improvements, I still think we will struggle to beat KC (and we've got them twice), SD, Titans and Vikings.

If we don't make any run D improvements, then we'll be really up against it in every game

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
    I don't really see us doing better than 8-8. If Larry Johnson gets going late in the season, we're done for. Oakland has proved that the can run all over us and the Titans are just too good in the run game, espcially with Vince. It'll be the Jags game all over again. They are a running team and we can't stop the run at all. I want us to win, but those games are going to be tougher than we think. The D has to pull it around. Jay Cutler and Jason Elam can't be saving our asses every week.
    I tend to agree. In fact, if Shanny continues in his deer in the headlights approach to winning games, we might be looking at a 6-10 record. Sorry guys but I don't see us doing a 180 any time soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Ferren
    replied
    Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
    Kevin Jones, LJ, Three fatties (Vince Young, LenDale White, Chris Henry), Cedric Benson, Lamont Jordan, LJ again, Ahman Green, LT, and Adrian Peterson face the Swiss Cheese defense.
    The Chiefs haven't been running well in general, Benson really sux, and Houston can't run.

But Tennesse, and Peterson, especially. OUCH!

Leave a comment:

• Bokyong
    replied
    Even by some streak of luck we win the division, we stand NO chance against the Colts or the Pats. I don't think anyone in the AFC can beat either of them. (Though one will lose next week) We just have a very young team and a new scheme. Get Cutler a full year of the system, Get the Rookie D-linemen playing time and the whole D to learn the system. Get DJ experience at running the D as our MLB, Let Javon Heal Fully, Put Rod on the IR and have him fresh for next season. Finishing 6-10 or 5-11 might not be that bad. If that got us a top 10 pick we'd be in good shape next year. Think of what you could do with a top 10 pick. Trade up, trade down, draft it, etc.

Making the Playoffs would be good but I think it would be better for the team to get the young guys, DJ, and the whole Defense experience and get a top 10 pick.

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MHS
    replied
    the key is the division games... i mean no team in the AFC west is living up to thier potention.... expecially the broncos and chargers... chargers have been doing better. All in all it is possible... once the broncos learn to stop the run.

Leave a comment:

• rev_rock
    replied
    Originally posted by Combo1985 View Post
    I can't wait to see how explosive our offense is with Javon back. And if Rod finally starts playing it will motivate everyone. With the way our defense is playing, and some injuries, we might have to rely on our offense outscoring teams. And with the way Cutler is developing, Marshall, Scheff, Stokley all playing great, and then Javon and Rod back, I fully believe we can do that.
    Dude, wake up!! Or are you talking about next year?

I don't really expect to see Walker back before the season ends. Rumor has it he'll be out for 6 weeks, but we've only got 9 more games. That only leaves 3 for him to play, assuming he rehabs okay. Then, if we're not in any better shape than we are now, do we take the chance? As far as Smith goes, I've had a sinking feeling since last year that he'll probably be retiring. He was showing signs of slowing down last year, and being halfway down the stretch, he doesn't appear to be any closer to making a show this season. Sad, but probably true.

That said, I do think the offense still has a lot of untapped potential to make things happen. If Shannahan would stop with the conservative play calling, they could actually make a bigger impact. How many times do we have to get to the goal line, only to attempt to run straight up the middle?? Where are the play action passes and bootlegs? If there would have been some creative play calling last night, we might have avoided OT.

Leave a comment:

• lizard31
    replied
    AFC West? What is that? j/k

Leave a comment:

• MileHighStud
    replied
    LMAO!

and a couple of years ago it was arguably the best division in football
    Dude, thats is the trippy thing, our division pulled a 180. At least for our sakes WE ALL suck. I never thought I would say that is a good thing

Leave a comment:

• Combo1985
    replied
    I can't wait to see how explosive our offense is with Javon back. And if Rod finally starts playing it will motivate everyone. With the way our defense is playing, and some injuries, we might have to rely on our offense outscoring teams. And with the way Cutler is developing, Marshall, Scheff, Stokley all playing great, and then Javon and Rod back, I fully believe we can do that.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    that we will still make the playoffs. Here is our remaining schedule with the games that I think we should win in bold.

@detroit
    @kansas city
    tennessee
    @chicago
    @oakland
    kansas city
    @houston

@san diego
    minnesota

If we win the games in bold then we will end up 10-6 which will be good enough to play in the post season IMO.
    Even if the Broncos finish 10-6 that likely wouldn't win them the division if they went 3-3 inside the division.

The Chargers are 4-3 after beating the Bears, the the Broncos, the Raiders and the Texans. The are 1-2 right now in the division, but the play:

SD @ MIN W
    IND @ SD L
    SD @ JAC W
    BAL @ SD W
    SD @ KC L
    SD @ TEN W
    DET @ SD W
    DEN @ SD W
    SD @ OAK W

That gives them 10-6 with 2 wins over the Broncos, and the division, unless the Chiefs also go 10-6 in which case KC wins it. Right now, the Chiefs are 2-0 in the division, and if they split with the Broncos (like they always seem to do) they will finish probably no worse than 4-2 in the division.

Probably the Chiefs will get win the division, unless SD is able to beat them in KC on December 2. Remember that the Chiefs have traditionally been almost unbeatable at home in December for years. Remember how the schedule makers always schedule their home game against the Broncos in late November or December? Why the hell can't they give KC a nice home game against the Broncos in late September when the weather is warm! (Not that it will matter much if the Bronco run defense doesn't improve).

Leave a comment:

• bluegrass1
    replied
    Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
    Oh no doubt! If anything it gives us bragging rights over the rest of our division (If we win the division anyway and not the wild card). Right now the AFC West is like 4 midgets kicking each others shins.
    LMAO!

and a couple of years ago it was arguably the best division in football

Leave a comment:

Working...
X