Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Like the QB Sneak Call!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Like the QB Sneak Call!

    I've read 100 posts about how terrible the QB sneak at the end of the game call was... and lots of posts about it was conservative and not creative, etc.

    First of all... Conservative and not creative? With no timeouts, who the hell expects a run? Who even thinks we have TIME for a run? No one!

    I heard a quote after the game that several players were shocked they had as many linebackers in on that play... why? Because you CANT run there! There isn't time to run and then kick a FG... unless you have one of the best practiced FG units in the NFL! Most teams put in a bunch of rushers and defensive backs. Packers played it smart and I don't think we have a QB yet that's capable of calling a successful audible on the line yet in that situation.

    Second, I'm surprised it didn't work! Pretty much every time Cutler has snuck this season its been successful, especially designed QB sneaks. The announcers pointed out that Cutler would have scored had he gone right... I think he scores if he doesn't trip up going left too. Cutler is big and hard to tackle and seems to have pretty good vision. I think we run that play 10 times we score on 7 attempts.

    In my opinion the call was extremely gutsy and had it worked you guys would be calling him genius again. It didn't work, we still forced OT. 20/20 is great but lay off of Shanahan...

  • #2
    Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
    Second, I'm surprised it didn't work! Pretty much every time Cutler has snuck this season its been successful, especially designed QB sneaks. The announcers pointed out that Cutler would have scored had he gone right...

    In my opinion the call was extremely gutsy and had it worked you guys would be calling him genius again. It didn't work, we still forced OT. 20/20 is great but lay off of Shanahan...
    4 yards to gain. It was a terrible call.

    Anyone who said "he would have scored had he gone left" is a moron, that side of the line was blown up, then he tried to go right, but Pears got owned again, and EVEN if it gets the 1st down, we still only end up with the TIE.

    It's worked pretty much all season huh...

    Right...Like vs the Chargers...The Jags...
    Last edited by blue diamond; 10-30-2007, 11:27 AM.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      If you get 1 yard you can spike it and take another shot at the end zone. I think we got a bad spot, and the crew didn't take time to measure it.


      My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

      I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

      Comment


      • #4
        I love the people who think we should have passed the ball.

        What if it got intercepted? Game Over. There wouldn't have even been a chance to tie the game.


        Why would they expect the run? No timeouts, very little time.


        What would you have said if he would have thrown it, and btw.. where we were, the field gets to be a little packed with players... easy to tip the balls, causing maybe an Interception?

        You never know.

        Comment


        • #5
          There was nothing wrong with the QB DRAW play. If he got the first down.. we can spike the ball and have another shot at the endzone. Other than that, its a safe play.

          The call wasn't a bad call. IT didn't work, THAT is the hurtful part. If it worked, none of you would be complaining. The defense did a good job stuffing it.

          It happens. You guys have it pretty easy making criticisms and calls AFTER seeing the result of the play.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
            If you get 1 yard you can spike it and take another shot at the end zone. I think we got a bad spot, and the crew didn't take time to measure it.
            i agree i think we got a horrible spot, i thought he got the first. either way thought that was an awful playcall.
            sigpic
            BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

            Comment


            • #7
              All I know is that play scared the hell out of me as we watched Jason run onto the field in a big hurry while watching that clock go 5..4..3..2..1...

              Now if only we would have known that the Pack would have scored on the first play in OT, then we should have thrown the ball and go for the win.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                I love the people who think we should have passed the ball.

                What if it got intercepted? Game Over. There wouldn't have even been a chance to tie the game.


                Why would they expect the run? No timeouts, very little time.


                What would you have said if he would have thrown it, and btw.. where we were, the field gets to be a little packed with players... easy to tip the balls, causing maybe an Interception?

                You never know.
                Because passing in the red zone works for us. look at our struggles in the red zone, its all because we try to RUN it in. whenever we get down there and cutler throws it we get a td.
                sigpic
                BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                Comment


                • #9
                  everyone needs something to complain about... that play by no means cost us the game... it was the whole team.. besides cutler no one was really doing much. And why is john endgelrj;af;dsf or whatever his name is activated over jarvis moss?
                  sigpic
                  "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    QB Sneak

                    The QB sneak had no chance. The Bronco's offensive line can't block anyone, they are too small, too slow, and got their hat handed to them all night long. Aaron Kampman owned Eric Pears. On the play before, Selvin Young had to break half a dozen tackles to get to the line of scrimmage.

                    The Bronco's cannot protect Cutler in the pocket, he has to roll-out. Watch Brady and Manning, they never get their jerseys dirty, Cutler is dancing in about 2 seconds. That means they do not have a vertical passing game. Every pass is a 10 - 15 yard crossing pattern.

                    If you do not control the line of scrimmage you don't win in the long run in the NFL.

                    The defense is too small; the linebackers grab, they don't hit anyone. The new defensive coordinator has done nothing (except last week against Pittsburgh--what happened). Jarvis Moss is 25 lbs. shoirt of being a factor. I love John Lynch, but he isn't getting it done anymore and the other safetys cannot cover a Tight End.

                    They are 2 to 3 years with great drafts from being a factor in the AFC.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tom Harvey View Post
                      The QB sneak had no chance. The Bronco's offensive line can't block anyone, they are too small, too slow, and got their hat handed to them all night long. Aaron Kampman owned Eric Pears. On the play before, Selvin Young had to break half a dozen tackles to get to the line of scrimmage.

                      The Bronco's cannot protect Cutler in the pocket, he has to roll-out. Watch Brady and Manning, they never get their jerseys dirty, Cutler is dancing in about 2 seconds. That means they do not have a vertical passing game. Every pass is a 10 - 15 yard crossing pattern.

                      If you do not control the line of scrimmage you don't win in the long run in the NFL.

                      The defense is too small; the linebackers grab, they don't hit anyone. The new defensive coordinator has done nothing (except last week against Pittsburgh--what happened). Jarvis Moss is 25 lbs. shoirt of being a factor. I love John Lynch, but he isn't getting it done anymore and the other safetys cannot cover a Tight End.

                      They are 2 to 3 years with great drafts from being a factor in the AFC.

                      Going to sum up your post:

                      QB SNEAK BAD CALL

                      WE HAVE NO PASS BLOCKING

                      GOTTA BLOCK WELL TO WIN IN NFL

                      DEFENSE IS SMALL, CANT TACKLE, BAD DEFENSIVE CORDINATOR, BAD 1ST ROUND PICK, LYNCH IS OLD, DBS SUCK

                      SEE YOU IN THREE YEARS!

                      It was a post about a PLAY CALL... Do you really suffer from ADD to this extent???

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
                        I've read 100 posts about how terrible the QB sneak at the end of the game call was... and lots of posts about it was conservative and not creative, etc.

                        First of all... Conservative and not creative? With no timeouts, who the hell expects a run? Who even thinks we have TIME for a run? No one!

                        I heard a quote after the game that several players were shocked they had as many linebackers in on that play... why? Because you CANT run there! There isn't time to run and then kick a FG... unless you have one of the best practiced FG units in the NFL! Most teams put in a bunch of rushers and defensive backs. Packers played it smart and I don't think we have a QB yet that's capable of calling a successful audible on the line yet in that situation.

                        Second, I'm surprised it didn't work! Pretty much every time Cutler has snuck this season its been successful, especially designed QB sneaks. The announcers pointed out that Cutler would have scored had he gone right... I think he scores if he doesn't trip up going left too. Cutler is big and hard to tackle and seems to have pretty good vision. I think we run that play 10 times we score on 7 attempts.

                        In my opinion the call was extremely gutsy and had it worked you guys would be calling him genius again. It didn't work, we still forced OT. 20/20 is great but lay off of Shanahan...
                        you do.... well i think it was a stupid call when we had Stoke for the whole game that catched everything that was thrown his way

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                          What would you have said if he would have thrown it, and btw.. where we were, the field gets to be a little packed with players... easy to tip the balls, causing maybe an Interception?

                          You never know.
                          Did we win or lose?

                          Jay Cutler stats inside the 20

                          8 Touchdowns

                          No Ints

                          102 QB rating

                          All you do is call a play for Jay to survey the field make a play, or throw it away.

                          Next
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by blue diamond View Post
                            Did we win or lose?
                            Wow, well that proves it then! We lost... so clearly bad call.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                              There was nothing wrong with the QB DRAW play. If he got the first down.. we can spike the ball and have another shot at the endzone. Other than that, its a safe play.

                              The call wasn't a bad call. IT didn't work, THAT is the hurtful part. If it worked, none of you would be complaining. The defense did a good job stuffing it.

                              It happens. You guys have it pretty easy making criticisms and calls AFTER seeing the result of the play.
                              I dont think it was a bad call. I just think it was a great call. I thought the defense was lined up perfectly to stop the call. The defense wasnt spread out the way it was when he successfully ran the keeper earlier. I know I'm not a coach, but it would have nice if the play was called a pass with an audible to run. I dont think Jay had any options. I doubt Jay would have run the ball if he had another choice.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X