Elam - Is 55 yards too far for him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elam - Is 55 yards too far for him?

Has Jason Elam lost that much? Remember this is the man that has a career long of 63.

I couldn't believe they didn't give him a shot there. Another missed opportunity that could have won us the game.
    sigpic
    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

You are probably talking about when we were on our 45 and punted.....everyone around me at the game said the same thing.
      Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

I really expected Elam, not todd out there. Should have kicked the field goal, even if you miss you tried, rather than giving it to the Packers who already proved they could go downfield on our defense.
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Ya, I didn't like the call, Elam missed a couple in pre-game, but he did kick a 60 yarder in pre-game also, so.......

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
            I really expected Elam, not todd out there. Should have kicked the field goal, even if you miss you tried, rather than giving it to the Packers who already proved they could go downfield on our defense.
            They happend to down the ball inside the 5 and with 8 mins left you should like your cxhances, but yet again the the defense did not step up and accept the challenge.

The clock also was not running out which might have made that decission different!
            Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
            GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
            #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
            #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
            #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
            #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
            Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Yes... 55 yrds is too far for Elam now days to rely on. If you kick that ball and miss, then you give GB EXCELLENT field position to get a FG easily on us. That would have put the offense in a pretty dire situation instead of just needing a FG. I thought it was the right call... and actually worked out perfectly. It was a GREAT punt by Todd.

Comment

I didn't want us to kick the FG in that situation. Not at all.

But I did want to go for it.
                We go for it on 4th and 6 from our own 5 or so but not from around midfield

If they got the ball at the 45 or so it wouldn't have made a difference. Favre would have still carved up our defense.

Going 90 yards is the same as going 10 yards against our Defense.

Comment

i think the punt was the right move. despite how many fans he has on here, 55 yards isn't too far for his leg, but his accuracy doesn't seem as good as it used to be from 50+ seemingly unless it's the end of the game. with the way our defense was playing, it was smart to opt to punt i think. if we missed a 55 yarder that would basically be 3 free points at the very least for green bay.
                  Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                  Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                    Yes... 55 yrds is too far for Elam now days to rely on. If you kick that ball and miss, then you give GB EXCELLENT field position to get a FG easily on us. That would have put the offense in a pretty dire situation instead of just needing a FG. I thought it was the right call... and actually worked out perfectly. It was a GREAT punt by Todd.
                    and now look maybe if we r down 6 we score when we ar at the 3 and a half yard line instead of getting 3 points, maybe winning us the game haha

The Future

NBA's Greatest Player Ever

Comment

I wouldn't have kicked the field goal, but I would have gone for it.

However, Sauerbrun did make a pretty good punt.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X