Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mojo0730
    replied
    I wouldn't have kicked the field goal, but I would have gone for it.

However, Sauerbrun did make a pretty good punt.

Leave a comment:

• Snake=Superbowl
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yes... 55 yrds is too far for Elam now days to rely on. If you kick that ball and miss, then you give GB EXCELLENT field position to get a FG easily on us. That would have put the offense in a pretty dire situation instead of just needing a FG. I thought it was the right call... and actually worked out perfectly. It was a GREAT punt by Todd.
    and now look maybe if we r down 6 we score when we ar at the 3 and a half yard line instead of getting 3 points, maybe winning us the game haha

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    i think the punt was the right move. despite how many fans he has on here, 55 yards isn't too far for his leg, but his accuracy doesn't seem as good as it used to be from 50+ seemingly unless it's the end of the game. with the way our defense was playing, it was smart to opt to punt i think. if we missed a 55 yarder that would basically be 3 free points at the very least for green bay.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
    replied
    I didn't want us to kick the FG in that situation. Not at all.

But I did want to go for it.
    We go for it on 4th and 6 from our own 5 or so but not from around midfield

If they got the ball at the 45 or so it wouldn't have made a difference. Favre would have still carved up our defense.

Going 90 yards is the same as going 10 yards against our Defense.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Yes... 55 yrds is too far for Elam now days to rely on. If you kick that ball and miss, then you give GB EXCELLENT field position to get a FG easily on us. That would have put the offense in a pretty dire situation instead of just needing a FG. I thought it was the right call... and actually worked out perfectly. It was a GREAT punt by Todd.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoAV06
    replied
    Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    I really expected Elam, not todd out there. Should have kicked the field goal, even if you miss you tried, rather than giving it to the Packers who already proved they could go downfield on our defense.
    They happend to down the ball inside the 5 and with 8 mins left you should like your cxhances, but yet again the the defense did not step up and accept the challenge.

The clock also was not running out which might have made that decission different!

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    Ya, I didn't like the call, Elam missed a couple in pre-game, but he did kick a 60 yarder in pre-game also, so.......

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    I really expected Elam, not todd out there. Should have kicked the field goal, even if you miss you tried, rather than giving it to the Packers who already proved they could go downfield on our defense.

Leave a comment:

• Giveemlove
    replied
    You are probably talking about when we were on our 45 and punted.....everyone around me at the game said the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• dipablo
    replied
    I couldn't believe they didn't give him a shot there. Another missed opportunity that could have won us the game.

Leave a comment:

• jknight991
    started a topic Elam - Is 55 yards too far for him?

Elam - Is 55 yards too far for him?

Has Jason Elam lost that much? Remember this is the man that has a career long of 63.
Working...
X