Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's more frustrating than watching our defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's more frustrating than watching our defense?

There is no punchline...sorry. But, I'm to the point I just want to turn the TV off when our D comes on the field! If not for the other team making mistakes or throwing the ball off target, we'd have been hurt bad. The WORST rushing team in the NFL comes in and shoves our d-line all over. NO pressure on the QB except for a couple of plays and the WRs are wide open in our zone scheme. I just don't get it and can't stand watching it!!

In the 2nd half last week Roethlisberger had ALL day and the WRs were wide open. When will the ineptitude and GM stop? We could sign 2 more pro-bowl corners and with no pressure, a good qb will make a perfect throw that even they can't stop. Pressure creates the opportunity for the pro-bowl CBs to make plays and we get none. Week in and week out the other team's QB stands there like a statue and the WRs can't get any more open against our zone. The QBs are looking like Tom Brady who has all the time in the world.

It started last year with the Colts game and went down hill from there. I know the solution: FIRE the COORDINATOR!! Not really, that hasn't worked and it's not the coordinator EVERY time. We need to put some value in the d-line and not everywhere else but.
    John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

That's easy. The only thing more frustrating than watching our defense is to have watched how well they played against Pittsburgh and then seeing them go back to the Bates system and loose. That's not frustration, that's insanity.

Comment

Whats more frustrating?

Trying to get that ONE booger out of your nose, that you can feel moving when you breath? It wiggles back and forth, and back and forth. You BLOW your nose, and it doesn't budge... you SNEEZE.. nothing.... you stick your finger up there and can't QUITE get it... so it just keeps moving and moving....

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        Whats more frustrating?

Trying to get that ONE booger out of your nose, that you can feel moving when you breath? It wiggles back and forth, and back and forth. You BLOW your nose, and it doesn't budge... you SNEEZE.. nothing.... you stick your finger up there and can't QUITE get it... so it just keeps moving and moving....
        Hahaha nice

Comment

Our defense played better than the did with San Diego, but I do agree. We haven't stepped up to the plate on a consistent basis and do the job they were hired to do. But the blame doesn't just fall on the Defense last night. Our offense was absolutely atrocious when it counted last night. I have no idea what Shanahan and crew were thinking last night. The mistakes and inept plays last night was ridiculous to say the least. Getting through the red zone has been a nightmare for our offense lately.

It is one of those seasons I guess. Take the good with the bad.

GO BRONCOS!

Remember the sun will rise and set, whether the Broncos win or not.
          GO BRONCOS!

Remember the sun will rise and set, whether the Broncos win or not.

Comment

Whats more frustrating?

And when you finally get ahold of it and realize that it's rooted so deep in your nosehairs that pulling on it disturbs your central nervous system, your eyes water and ya sneeze relentlessly... I know what ya mean... not quite as bad as the run D though.

Comment

Listening to the Broncos defenders the next day say:

a. "We played pretty well overall"
              b. "We know we have the talent, we just have to put it together"
              c. "Once we tighten it up a bit, we'll be fine"

It's pretty darn frustrating hearing that game after game after game after game.........
              "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

The most frustrating thing is we have all this talent on the defense and we can’t stop a baby from making a 15-yard run

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
                  The most frustrating thing is we have all this talent on the defense and we can’t stop a baby from making a 15-yard run
                  I'm starting to think that this defense isn't nearly as talented as we all thought.
                  "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Wow, what gives guys? Our defense played well that game....

1) We held them to 13 points in regulation, that usually wins you the game.

2) We held them to 105 total yards rushing, that usually wins you the game.

3) We held Favre to under 200 yards passing minus the two giga-normous passing plays, and that usually wins you the game.

This was a fluke game that we actually dominated. Yeah, we lost. Yeah, it sucks, but that was our most complete game this season. Cutler was great, Young was great, the WRs were great, the D-line was solid versus the run, the LBs made some plays, and overall, our secondary was solid.

We lost due to two fluke bombs and a fluke fumble on the 1 yard line where the pulling guard swatted the ball out of Cutler's hands.

Three completely abnormal plays that had not happened to this point all season. Take out any one of those fluke plays, and we likely would win the game and we would be focusing on how WELL our defense and team played.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

3) We held Favre to under 200 yards passing minus the two giga-normous passing plays, and that usually wins you the game.

This was a fluke game that we actually dominated. Yeah, we lost. Yeah, it sucks, but that was our most complete game this season. Cutler was great, Young was great, the WRs were great, the D-line was solid versus the run, the LBs made some plays, and overall, our secondary was solid.

We lost due to two fluke bombs and a fluke fumble on the 1 yard line where the pulling guard swatted the ball out of Cutler's hands.

Three completely abnormal plays that had not happened to this point all season. Take out any one of those fluke plays, and we likely would win the game and we would be focusing on how WELL our defense and team played.
                      I don't know, MUG....to me, this is sort of like saying, "I would have lived through the war if I hadn't stepped on the landmine..."

The Broncos gave up three incredibly long drives, including the 98 yarder that spun the clock, and kept the Broncos Offense on the sideline...just how they draw it up in NFL 101.

...and those 100 yards rushing came from a backup FB I had never heard of; I thought it was the reincarnation of Dorsey Levins for Christ sake. That tells you we lived up to our last-in-the-NFL-against-the run ranking.

I still think the LB's are as horrible as the DT's, and I was making excuses for Bates, but now I don't know about him, either.....he has had some very strange Defensice alignments where there are huge gaps between the DT's....I mean if I can see it, you would think the opposing QB would simply audible into a run into the gap....you know, run it where they ain't...

Anyway, I think last night was anything but a positive.

Lose at Detroit, and as Dandy Don used to sing:

"Turn out the liiiiiiiights....the party's over..."

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

I can't really agree with all this.

1. While it's true that the Packers scored only 13 points in regulation, a lot of that had to do with their own mistakes and penalties. I think on 1 series they had three penalties on offense that set them back and they still nearly made a first down.

2. Once again the defense couldn't get off the field on third and long. That's been the story of the season and the biggest reason for the losses.

3. Offensively, you know your team is going to struggle if you have your #1 WR and #1 RB miss the game due to injury. Thus, the only way for Denver to win was to shut down the Packers.

4. This wasn't a hopeless idea either since the Packers have the worst running game in football and have to rely on the pass, while the Broncos had the best pass defense in the NFL. Unfortunately, both Bailey and Bly got beaten badly on long TDs and that was the game.

Overall, this game didn't mean very much. This entire season is a learning experience for the team. Does anybody think for one second that if the Broncos somehow managed to get into the playoffs (and that remains possible after all) that they could GO anywhere?

Can ANYBODY see this team beating either the Colts or Patriots in the playoffs? You really have to be wearing orange colored glasses to think they would have the slightest hope! It's a good thing the Broncos don't play the Patriots this year, because I've seen enough Bronco blowouts this season!

It's obvious that Shanahan is playing his young players in the hopes of getting them some experience. He's got Crowder and Marcus Thomas and Dumervil playing BIG roles. It's just frustrating to watch them struggle.

As for your statement that they played the run well. . . . This is the WORST running team in the NFL and they STILL managed to rush for over 100 yards -- for the first time in over a year. (I think they said the last Packer rusher to run for 100 yards was Ahman Green back in 2006).

That's not a good performance.
                        sigpic

Comment

Whats more frustrating?

Hey that's my shtick Rav...

I was going to say something like a spider biting you in the groin, but that's just being reduntant now.

Comment

Originally posted by spikerman View Post
                            I'm starting to think that this defense isn't nearly as talented as we all thought.
                            it is. 3 all pro db's
                            2 all pro lbs
                            better d line than last year

its the scheme. i'll bet a pay check

Comment

doing calculus homework, yuck!

Comment

Working...
                              X