Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Rod Smith ready to put the crutches down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos-forever
    replied
    Originally posted by DenBronx View Post
    if it was going to take 10 weeks then shanny should have just put him on ir.

it wasnt just recently that rod has been practicing. he was out running wround during training camp. im not saying hes not tough...im saying he needs to stop milking the injury.

"POP" thats your head coming out of your butt!!!!! how long have you been watching rod play? rod plays hurt all the time, last year he played injured so puul your head out and think before you speak

Leave a comment:

• T55Bird
    replied

it wasnt just recently that rod has been practicing. he was out running wround during training camp. im not saying hes not tough...im saying he needs to stop milking the injury.
    He is NOT milking this injury. And it has been just recently that Rod began to actually pratice with the team. His first day back on the field was October 24th. He has been working for monthas, but could not participate in full practices. The doctor that did his surgery could not believe that he actually played 16 games last season with the condition of his hip. The man has a work ethic that doesn't quit. How DARE you suggest the man is dogging it. Have some respect.

Leave a comment:

• nashmanzl
    replied

So you'd rather he was on IR than PUP? (no) It ain't rocket science, he'd play if he could. He's not milking anything! Talking about his toughness in playing with that hip last year PROVES that he'd play if he could. At this point, the days of Rod being the bread and butter go to guy are probably over. His skills fine, but the best way he makes this team better is with his leadership at this point. Tough to miss his presence on the field (for me) with the recieving core we have now, so where would we put him anyway? Mostly, he's like an old friend, I want to see him go out on his own terms not by injury.

Anyway, be patient, and realize Rod won't be propelling us to the superbowl this year.

Leave a comment:

• knigsupra
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Wouldn't it just be smarter to forgot about this year, and get 100% completely healthy for next year?

Give his body a year off... a full year + off.

At this point, he has nothing to prove.

I wouldn't want to risk his last hurrah.
    you think he would be able to make it next year? i have faith in rod but im wondering if he doesn't play this year will he get a chance next year. this is a young people's sport and in football years rod smith is super old. i dont want this to happen like jerry rice. we kept mister darius "i like to drop balls when im wide open" watts over the greatest receiver to play the game.

i really do wish to see him play this year. go rod!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied

milking the injury? That makes sense.

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've read yet.. "milking the injury".. because Rod Smith.. the all-time Denver Bronco WR has a TON to gain by "milking the injury." BRILLIANT.

You are obviously one that is RIGHT on top of the facts and happenings of the NFL personnel around the league. This is top-notch stuff. You should write yourself an article, and get your comments published nation wide, because this is RIGHT on target. MILKING THE INJURY!!! Yes.. Yes.. thats what he's doing... milking it out, because there is a TON to gain from a 38 yr old WR to draw it out as LONG as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Wouldn't it just be smarter to forgot about this year, and get 100% completely healthy for next year?

Give his body a year off... a full year + off.

At this point, he has nothing to prove.

I wouldn't want to risk his last hurrah.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied

Milking an injury?

This just proves that you don't know a friggin thing about Rod Smith.

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied

He's 37 years old ( I think) not 30 anymore and came off of major surgery. It took time. But now he's maybe 1 or 2 weeks from being able to be activated. Once he is and once he takes the field then we can talk. Just wait and see what happens.

I have said it before. DO NOT COUNT OUT SOMEONE LIKE ROD.

Leave a comment:

• Scheffler88
    replied
    Footnotes. Veteran wide receiver Rod Smith is not expected to be activated this week. The Broncos have until Nov. 14 to activate Smith or shelve him for the season. Smith started practicing a week ago. He is trying to come back from hip surgery in February. ... Denver dropped to sixth in the NFL in pass defense after the loss to Green Bay. The Broncos remain the No. 32 run defense in the 32-team league. ... For the first time in his 12 NFL starts, quarterback Jay Cutler did not throw an interception Monday. ... First- round draft pick Jarvis Moss was inactive Monday because the Broncos activated Simeon Rice for the first time in three games. Rice made four tackles.

Link to article---->http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7324746

Talks about Bloom workout, injury update on Lynch, Williams and Burton as well as Travis Henry.

Leave a comment:

• CB123
    replied

So put him on IR, so that if he is able to come back, he wouldn't be able to since he's on IR? How do you know if he's "milking it?" What he went through isn't just something you hop out of the hospital bed and then go run some routes. Besides, he said it's hard for him to make cuts and run full speed in a game type situation. I wouldn't want him out there, as he probably wouldn't be able to do anything during game time.

Oh yeah, he's 37 years old... takes a while longer to recuperate!

Leave a comment:

• DenBronx
    replied
    Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
    Okay, let me get this straight? He just started practicing recently. He hasn't been able to run full speed. How can you expect him to be in football shape already? Guys train 12 months a year to be in top physical condition - you can't tell him to 'suck it up' and expect him to run faster.

He's getting there as fast as possible. If anyone wants Rod to be out there, it's Rod. He played for years with a degenerative hip condition. He's plenty tough enough. Jeez.

Some people...

Leave a comment:

• PatrickdaDookie
    replied
    Last week Mikey said Smith could potentially play. Does that mean that week 9 could be a for sure week for Smith to actually play? If not then how long is too long? Smith has had more than enough time to heal....he has been practicing and since the chips have been down I think its time he gets back on the field.

I say play through the pain at this point. There is no more injury, maybe just scar tissue. Play through the pain Rod....Get your butt on the field.
    Okay, let me get this straight? He just started practicing recently. He hasn't been able to run full speed. How can you expect him to be in football shape already? Guys train 12 months a year to be in top physical condition - you can't tell him to 'suck it up' and expect him to run faster.

He's getting there as fast as possible. If anyone wants Rod to be out there, it's Rod. He played for years with a degenerative hip condition. He's plenty tough enough. Jeez.

Some people...

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    i just think he is dragging this out way too long. if he doesnt come back then why is shanny still have him on pup and not ir?
    He just started to practice man. give it at least one week.

Leave a comment:

• DenBronx
    replied
    Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
    Then we would have an awesome 3WR set agian. If Walker comes back. no one can cover us 4 deep.
    i just think he is dragging this out way too long. if he doesnt come back then why is shanny still have him on pup and not ir?

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    Last week Mikey said Smith could potentially play. Does that mean that week 9 could be a for sure week for Smith to actually play? If not then how long is too long? Smith has had more than enough time to heal....he has been practicing and since the chips have been down I think its time he gets back on the field.

I say play through the pain at this point. There is no more injury, maybe just scar tissue. Play through the pain Rod....Get your butt on the field.
    Then we would have an awesome 3WR set agian. If Walker comes back. no one can cover us 4 deep.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X