Time for mutiny for D-players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for mutiny for D-players

Look guys, it's your careers and your family's security at stake.

You have to speak up.

Now.

If Shanny won't listen, talk to Pat, if Pat won't listen, talk to the media.

Do whatever you have to do.

But this has got to stop.

Call your own damn scheme if you have to.

The confusion is gonna end someones career.

I don't think the defense reads these forums too often

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7 View Post
      Call your own damn scheme if you have to.
      Yeah, that'll work.

Comment

Yeah, because mutiny and chaos would be better than the slow improvement the Broncos have shown over the past couple of weeks. Oh, and mutiny ALWAYS leads to good things for players, right?

Good advice, you should be a career counselor.

Look, I know the intent behind what you are saying. And I've been critical of the Bates' scheme as well. But I think you must be saying this tongue-in-cheek because dissent wouldn't solve anything.

Bates should continue to adjust this scheme to fit the mold of his players. They should continue to try to tweak this until they come up with a hybrid scheme that CAN stop the run (I remain convinced that this is the root of the downfall of the entire team) as well as defend the pass. In the off-season, we should add a legit MLB, a starting safety, and a legit DT (I advocate doing this through the draft mind you), move DJ back to the outside, and I think things will look up. We should be signficantly better as the season goes on and into next season.
        To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Are you serious? You must be drinking again......

Friends don't let friends drink and post......

Comment

Originally posted by showtime24 View Post
            I don't think the defense reads these forums too often
            Thank whatever diety you believe in!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
              Are you serious? You must be drinking again......

Friends don't let friends drink and post......
              wow that's going in my journal of greatest quotes I have ever read in my lifetime

your legacy will be passed on to my children and grandchildren

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post
                Yeah, because mutiny and chaos would be better than the slow improvement the Broncos have shown over the past couple of weeks.
                Though the original post is pretty stupid....What team are you watching?? Where is this improvement? Defense is 4th in points allowed, worst in completion percentage, opposing QBs have a 106 rating against them, the worst run defense, only the Dolphins and Jets have a harder time getting off the field on 3rd down, haven't stopped a 4th down try (AFC Ranks).....

The type of defense they're trying to play- a modyfied tampa 2, works best if you have the right pieces....a pass rush (Warren Sapp, Tommie Harris, Dwight Freeney).....a stud middle LB (Urlacher, Brooks).

Anyone remember the Broncos team that through the first few games last year was on record pace to allow the fewest points, so on and so forth??? This team desperately misses Al Wilson.

Comment

Where is it that the first post is stupid? These players should voice their concerns. They PLAY the game, they KNOW it isn't working and they probably have a pretty good idea how to fix it. The coaches need to get over their EGOS and perhaps some of the veterans should be listened to. I didn't see anything stupid about the initial post. There are some guys in the last year of their contracts. Their livelihood IS at stake. They are following the program set forth by the coaches and failing miserably.

It's time for a change and perhaps if some of the players voice concerns...someone will finally listen. I know they certainly haven't listened to fans.
                  Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
                    It's time for a change and perhaps if some of the players voice concerns...someone will finally listen. I know they certainly haven't listened to fans.
                    Thank GOD they don't listen to us "fans".....most of "us" think that we have all the answers, as "we" sit on the couch eating donuts and posting on this board.....Yea, I think that they are listening who they are supposed to be listening to.

Comment

We just played our best defensive game of the year. A complete game. We had two bombs beat us, in what are generally fluke plays since our corners are so good. Other then those two plays and one 3rd and long, we dominated defensively.

Just look at the stats and play by play. The scheme is working and we should be turning the corner in the next two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                        We just played our best defensive game of the year. A complete game. We had two bombs beat us, in what are generally fluke plays since our corners are so good. Other then those two plays and one 3rd and long, we dominated defensively.

Just look at the stats and play by play. The scheme is working and we should be turning the corner in the next two weeks.
                        Well said. Our defense didn't beat us, just a couple mistakes on offense killed us.
                        Careful what you wish for, Darth , cause here comes the worst DC in the league...... -stnzd
                        What's that? Need proof? http://dack.com/archive/bob-slowik-must-be-fired.html

Goodbye social life...

My Mojo!

Comment

we dominated defensively.
                          If you want to call missing tackles and getting no pressure whatsoever on the quarterback dominant, then yeah, we dominated.

Comment

Maybe I'm just too hard to please, but can you say you are happy with our pass rush? Favre should have had much more green on his uni than team colors. Trust me, I would love to be wrong on this, but I don't think we see the corner yet.

Comment

I thought I already told you to stop making threads?

Comment

Working...
                              X