Shanahan losing his play-calling nerve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph727 View Post
    How come Favre was the only gunslinger allowed to be throwing bombs on Monday night? Shanny's not even giving Cutler or Marshall a chance to be like Brady/Moss or Manning/Harrison. We can't score if we don't try and since we are not the Baltimore defense, we can not play this style. This season is one more loss from being over and everyone here knows it. We might as well go out with guns blazing. I am begging Shanny to show Cutler off and let him make his mistakes throwing over the top instead of simple crossing routes. Never thought I'd see Dan Reeves again. I agree Cutler is not ready to take us to the top, but we need him to get all of his mistakes out of the way this year by going for it all on every drive. I can live with losing if we are losing 35-31 and we're trying to push the tempo. I can't stand watching us play not to lose. That's a Reeves/ Landry thing, not a Shanny thing. At least that's what I've always believed. I still believe in Shanny and I know Cutler is the man, but I'd like to see each get their balls and enthusiasm back. I know we were spoiled by Elway, but even he wasn't this good this fast so I know we can give Cutler a break, but not Shanny. He's supposed to know what to do at all times. Maybe he needs to watch some of his old films of '97 and '98 so he can get a glimpse of what a genius he used to be.
    Because our deep threat has been either hurt, or flat out of games this year.

Marshall is a great big target and can make tough catches, but he doesn't have the speed to get deep.

Who else is there to provide an honest deep threat? If Walker gets healthy, maybe then. But with the personnel situation, the deep threat really is not there.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
      Because our deep threat has been either hurt, or flat out of games this year.

Marshall is a great big target and can make tough catches, but he doesn't have the speed to get deep.

Who else is there to provide an honest deep threat? If Walker gets healthy, maybe then. But with the personnel situation, the deep threat really is not there.
      The thing is, the Broncos didn't have to go deep in this game. The passing game was working fine with what we had.

But that doesn't change the fact that the play in question isn't, in my opinion, the play you should call in that circumstance.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
        Believe me I am not defending Shanny, but I believe we have 'Dinger to blame for this one. With his (Heimerdinger) style it appears that he is more fixated on throwing from the drop back, as appose to rolling out. This was evident last season with the Snake. Jake, as we all know wasnt the best at throwing from the pocket. But he proved to be somewhat lethal on the run/boot/rollout (05 season). Exit Kubes and enter Dinger (06), Jake runs much less rollout passes and throws more from the pocket, and he struggled big time. I personally blame "Ding Dong Dinger."
        I'm glad someone else sees this. I was beginning to doubt myself. I've been screaming at my tv set since last season! Like I stated on another thread, we need to utilize the bootleg much more. The run/pass option is almost deadly. Defenses are kept in a more reactionary mode, and have to wonder which will happen - the quick zip-pass, or the QB just running it in. Works great, so why do we try to ram it up the middle all the time???

Comment

Working...
        X