No announcement yet.

This BLIND HOMER CRAP Has Got To Stop!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This BLIND HOMER CRAP Has Got To Stop!!

What gives some of you people the right to call us blind homer fans? What gives some of you the right to call us followers, us with different opinions, us with managed expectations, and us with strong support (constructive I might add), blind-homer fans?

Just because we aren't weathered by fairness and live in the reality world, doesn't mean we are blind homer fans.

The boards are a place for us to support, to cheer, to debate, to praise, to love, to doubt, to talk about the Broncos.

Most of this blind homer crap is coming from all you newer posters trying to make an imprint on these boards. Just STOP trying to prove that you're a Broncos fan. WE KNOW already.
    Last edited by PowderAddict; 10-31-2007, 11:08 AM.

I'm proud to be a blind homer.

There are so many spectrums of what people see about the Denver Broncos this year. Some of us hold out hope there is going to be more, that we will improve and get better this year, and possibly make the playoffs.

Others think the season is done.

I happen to be of the thought that the Broncos are improving, are working their butts off, and perhaps will eek into the playoffs this year. If that is blind homerism, so be it.
    The Broncos this year have shown a lot of heart and moxy in overcoming some huge problems:

Losing both Darrent Williams and Damien Nash so tragically and so young.
    EE out for the season. LB's in training camp getting hurt.
    Hamilton and Nalen out for the year.
    Travis Henry hurt, possibly gone after next weekend.
    Javon Walker, our big WR threat, out for 3-6 weeks, even longer.
    John Lynch missing games due to stingers.
    Chris Myers and Kupe moving into new starting roles.
    A great 2nd year QB..who's only had 13 starts and is playing great.
    New defensive and special teams coaches.

And what have the Broncos done to overcome this?
    They've improved on special teams, won a game against a very good Steelers team, beat the Raiders (always important!), kept it very close and winable against the Packers, managed to be ahead at half time against the Colts, and kept it close in the Jacksonville game. The only game we got totally blown out in was the Chargers game.

This by no means is not a consistant team. We play tough, and are getting better. There is a lot of football left, and I'm not about to throw the towel in yet. If that makes me a blind homer...then I'm a blind homer
    sigpic
    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Comment

Uh oh. Instead of Jake vs. Jay wars we now have Blind Homers vs. Fairweathers.

I wouldn't call myself a blind homer, but I am still optimistic that the team is not done for.

Comment

The thing I hate the most is fans saying we got to get rid of a certain player because he had a bad game or bad play like in Dre's case.

Comment

Originally posted by rbk_bronco View Post
          The thing I hate the most is fans saying we got to get rid of a certain player because he had a bad game or bad play like in Dre's case.
          That is pretty annoying. It happens with every team.

I have heard a few (not many, but enough for me to notice) Titans fans this week call the local sports talk radio shows and wonder if the team needs to draft a QB next year. Give new guys time and give old guys a break.

Comment

All the blind homers come out when people make FALSE statements simply because they are mad....

Comment

Personally, I don't like the 'blind homer' crap any more than I like the 'fearweather/bandwagon fan' crap. But both are equally to blame for causing the majority of the friction on these boards.

I don't care if you 'blindly' support your team. If you want to agree with every decision they make, every personnel move, every draft choice, then fine. I certainly wish I had that kind of perspective. But at the same time, I don't apprecate being called out by those 'blind homer' fans simply because I don't agree or support everything this team does.

I love the Broncos - have for 17 years (and pretty much my whole life). But I'll call it as I see it. If others don't want to, then fine. But why do we have to hate on each other for it?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                What gives some of you people the right to call us blind homer fans? What gives some of you the right to call us followers, us with different opinions, us with managed expectations, and us with strong support (constructive I might add), blind-homer fans?

Just because we aren't weathered by fairness and live in the reality world, doesn't mean we are blind homer fans.

The boards are a place for us to support, to cheer, to debate, to praise, to love, to doubt, to talk about the Broncos.

Most of this blind homer crap is coming from all you newer posters trying to make an imprint on these boards. Just STOP trying to prove that you're a Broncos fan. WE KNOW already.
                The first part of your post sounds like you are upset at being labelled a "blind homer" by others and justifiably want them to lay off with the labels.

But then your last sentence makes it sound like you're saying most of the newbies are being "blind homers" trying to prove they're true fans.

So, I'm a bit confused by what your intent is. But my overall view of this is that there is no correct way to be a fan; there are no rules for this. If you want to be a "blind homer" or a "fair-weather fan" or anything in between, that's up to you. The only rules you have to worry about here are in the Code of Conduct.

If there weren't differing opinions this would be one boring world we live in. But a little bit of civility sure makes discussing these things a lot more pleasant for everyone.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=104848

Comment

Working...
                  X