No announcement yet.

NFL Need To Take Tips From NCAA!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember reading about this issue last year, and the overall statistic since the sudden death OT rule was implemented is that the team that wins the toss, wins the game only 56% of the time. And if you took into account home field advantage and late game injuries and other things in those games, the 56% evens out even more.

I find it ironic that this percentage is the same % chance a quarter has to land heads up when its flipped, 56%.

Nope, the problem is not a coin flip, the problem was not punching in a TD at the end of regulation.

Comment

The Topic line NFL need to take tips from the NCAA

Does bring up a good point

In that I wish the NFL showed games on TV like the NCAA.

man you get all kinds of game to watch on Sat.

some are really good as well and some are just fun to watch if you love the game.

I think the NCAA is quickly tyring to move to a more of a ppv system.
      which im cool with cause really nothing I can do to stop it.

I dont think you should ever have to pay for you home town team in my area that would be the Buckeyes/Bengals.A big fight is going over Time Warner and the Big Ten network.You have to have it to watch the game this week.TW does not carry the B10 channel so I ditched them.As much as TW wants to say it would rise my cable bill.My cable bill is now cheaper and I have the B10 network.

I HATE DIRECT TV. and the deal the NFL made with them.I think that if you have cable you should be able to pick the game you want to see and pay for it.Not this Direct TV crap.
      :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I don't have a problem with the overtime rules. The only time we hate overtime rules is when our team loses. Otherwise, we could give a rip less about them.

That said, I don't hate the college OT rules, either. But I don't think it would translate well into the NFL.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          I don't have a problem with the overtime rules. The only time we hate overtime rules is when our team loses. Otherwise, we could give a rip less about them.

That said, I don't hate the college OT rules, either. But I don't think it would translate well into the NFL.
          you're right because this is like when lamar hunt was lobbying the nfl to add another playoff spot when the chiefs had the 7th best record in the afc one year
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
            you're right because this is like when lamar hunt was lobbying the nfl to add another playoff spot when the chiefs had the 7th best record in the afc one year
            I have a problem with the over-time rules the way they are whether we win or lose the game. The rule hasn't changed, just th result. I can watch two teams that I have absolutely NO affiliation with, and say "the NFL OT rule SUCKS."

So it doesn't have to do with wins or losses. There are some on here that think the only time people have an opinion is when it HURTS your own team, and believe we live in a bubble and what happens around the NFL doesn't effect us.

THe OT rule DOES suck in the NFL.. period. Has nothing to do with this loss. I don't care about this loss, and don't blame the NFL rule on the loss.

But when you look at EVERY OTHER PROFESSIONAL OR NON-PROFESSIONAL sport around.... both teams get a chance to have the stupid ball. The NFL OT rule is ridiculous.

I HATE the NCAA's OT as well. I think thats lame. I hate it and don't want it in the NFL..... but I WOULD like to see a change where both teams get ONE possession.

If team "A" scores after they win the toss, then team "B" gets the kick. If they score.... THEN it goes to sudden death. Meaning if team "B" did score and tie the game, then if team "A" marches down the field and scores again, they win.

There are things that have to be worked out... however.. and I do admit I haven't exactly tried to figure out all the scenarios. Meaning if team "A" wins the toss, marches down the field and kicks a field goal, then team "B" gets the KO following and scores a TD. I don't know if that should be a win. I think it should, since both teams touched the ball on offense. So if team "A" won the toss and scored a TD, then team "B" would have to get the ball and score a TD or lose the game (Just as it would be at the end of any game when down by 7).

But this way both teams get the ball on offense. It makes more sense than the current system. The current system basically is won by a coin toss, and thats just pretty lame.

Comment

The average net punt is under 40 yards. If you stop at opponent on 3 and out, you will almost always have great field position. Screw up on the opening drive, and you put your team in big trouble. That's balanced enough for me.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Working...
              X