No announcement yet.

I honestly believe that the Broncos will not win half of the upcoming games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We win 7 more games this year. 10-6 and we make the play offs giving Jay some vaulable (1 game) playoff experience. We will be primed for a righteous explosion into the top contender scene next year!

Get ready sports fans, Jays move on his first ring is not far off!
    sigpic:rockon:

EEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE:rockon:

Comment

I think you confused about what is considered "fairweathered" around here.

Originally posted by sbutk View Post
      Whoa! ...Careful, Rav!

That kind of pragmatism is bound to get you lambasted, arrested, and crucified by the "fairweather-fan police".

You just can't say things like that around here.

There's no such thing as putting away your expectations until next year.

You ought to know better.

There are a ton of fairweathered fans on the board, and I agree that Ravage is obviously not one of them.

The people that get called fairweathered fans are the ones that start threads about cutting everyone and everyone should be fired....They start threads about how they are embarrassed to be a Broncos fan.

Fairweathered fans have no idea how to post with the healthy dose of reality that Rav just did.....
      Last edited by stnzed; 11-03-2007, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        considering we haven't won half the games in the first half of the season, its not exactly a bold prediction.

I'm just watching to enjoy the season. I honestly, don't go in EXPECTING to win anymore. To be honest, it just doesn't matter to me THIS year.

I know this is a building season. This is a season RIDDLED with injuries. THis is a season to watch development. I just watch the games to see the progress of players. Just like the old days, when I basically watched to enjoy Elway... I'm watching the games to enjoy Cutler.

Go Broncos
        This is the attitude I'm taking to this season as well. I'm just enjoying watching football and watching Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, and Young all gaining experience and improving...I really think in a couple years we could be special.
        sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
          With the up-coming games, I really think the Broncos will lose.

Come on, they couldn't stop the worse run D in the league.

They couldn't stop a struggling LT AND Michael Turner early in the season.

The rest of the season looks like this -
          Kevin Jones
          LJ
          Three fatties (Vince Young, LenDale White, Chris Henry)
          Cedric Benson
          Lamont Jordan
          LJ again
          Ahman Green
          LT and Turner again
          Adrian Peterson

Cedric Benson and the Bears the Broncos could possibly beat, but that's about it to me. Chiefs and LJ could go any way though.

The Broncos couldn't stop the worse run D in the league.

With the way the red zone offense has been stagnant, there is a great possibility that the Broncos will not win many more games.

But, if the red zone offense shapes up, then the Broncos WILL win more games.
          There will be no Chris Henry and they stopped LT just not Michael Turner

Comment

Yea I'm taking Ravage's view on the rest of this season.

Just watch to see improvement on the offense, and watch the awesome receivers and Cutler.

Yet the smile falters when the red zone offense gets stagnant.

Glen Martinez is showing a LOT of promise. I really like him.

And a playoff berth would definitely NOT be a bonus. It would be HORRIBLE.

That means the Broncos get a draft pick in the 20s... AGAIN!

I really want a draft pick in the mid-teens or lower.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
              Yea I'm taking Ravage's view on the rest of this season.

Just watch to see improvement on the offense, and watch the awesome receivers and Cutler.

Yet the smile falters when the red zone offense gets stagnant.

Glen Martinez is showing a LOT of promise. I really like him.

And a playoff berth would definitely NOT be a bonus. It would be HORRIBLE.

That means the Broncos get a draft pick in the 20s... AGAIN!

I really want a draft pick in the mid-teens or lower.
              Are you joking? Making the playoffs would be a bad thing?
              By your logic, winning the superbowl would be a bad thing, because we would get the 32nd pick in the draft. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
                Are you joking? Making the playoffs would be a bad thing?
                By your logic, winning the superbowl would be a bad thing, because we would get the 32nd pick in the draft. What a joke.

No, Nick is making sense. You're the one who's twisting his words.

...His was not a hypothetical statement, meant to be applied to any situation in general, but rather one made in the context of this team, this year. There is no way in hell the 2007-2008 Denver Broncos are going to the Super Bowl. (They'd have to beat the likes of Indy and New England to get there, and that just isn't happening - if they can't beat teams like Detroit and Jacksonville.) Therefore any squeaking-by into the postseason this year - which could only happen on account of the rest of our division playing horrible, evidently not on account of our team playing well - would be a waste. Might as well settle for the higher draft pick and get things sorted out this year, so we can start afresh next season.

sigpic
                They're your teammates, now.
                Best of luck, TT!
                ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                  There are a ton of fairweathered fans on the board, and I agree that Ravage is obviously not one of them.

The people that get called fairweathered fans are the ones that start threads about cutting everyone and everyone should be fired....They start threads about how they are embarrassed to be a Broncos fan.

Fairweathered fans have no idea how to post with the healthy dose of reality that Rav just did.....

No, I don't think I'm confused. I think perhaps you are, about what I'm saying....

I've seen plenty of examples on here of loyal Bronco fans turning around and criticizing some aspect of the team (when things aren't going exactly right), and getting told "Oh, you only support the team when times are good".

(Am I wrong?)

This is what I'm "warning" Rav about doing (i.e. mocking all those finger-pointers, really).

The fact that he, I, and many other members of Broncomania right now are disenfranchised with the way this season is going - and don't even really care if we win another game in 2007 - doesn't make us any less of fans. I, personally, am lowering my expectations for the rest of this season to about nil. That way, I'm not setting myself for anymore disappointments down the road. But I'll be right back with my optimism as soon as the offseason begins. (And that's not conditional on any personnel moves made between now and then, so that doesn't qualify as "fair-weather".)

...Actually, we'll improve our personnel without making a single transaction: i.e. through the offseason healing process for our injured multitudes.
                  Last edited by sbutk; 11-04-2007, 06:24 PM.
                  sigpic
                  They're your teammates, now.
                  Best of luck, TT!
                  ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X