Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really hate to think like this but......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hate to think like this but......

Can I ask, who thinks that we will be in the play-offs this year?
    I really think we are cursed or something, way too many injuries.

We are not playin like the confident underdogs that we are usually
    we have way too many free agents,you build through the draft.
    Look how competitive the college games are now, there are better athletes
    now then when I was growing up.

I always talk about building in the draft to the Skins fans (i'm from MD) now hell, look at us doin the same thing they do.

Well we may be able to pull 10-6 but i doubt it.
    High draft pick 7-9?

If we're going to stink, I hope we 6-10 or worst. That way we can nab us some top 10 draft prospects. Darren McFadden anyone

I highly doubt that we would go under .500. The team is too talented to go any worse than 8-8.

Comment

Does it matter at all whether this team makes the playoffs? Does anybody think that the Broncos (or Chiefs, Chargers, Jaguars, Steelers, or Titans for that matter) are going to be able to beat either the Colts or Patriots?

They might as well pencil the Colts and Patriots into the AFC Championship game right now and save the aggravation.

This is a rebuilding year for everybody in the AFC not lving in Boston or Indianapolis, so they might as well get used to it, and start playing every rookie and young player they have.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
        Does it matter at all whether this team makes the playoffs? Does anybody think that the Broncos (or Chiefs, Chargers, Jaguars, Steelers, or Titans for that matter) are going to be able to beat either the Colts or Patriots?

They might as well pencil the Colts and Patriots into the AFC Championship game right now and save the aggravation.

This is a rebuilding year for everybody in the AFC not lving in Boston or Indianapolis, so they might as well get used to it, and start playing every rookie and young player they have.
        This is correct.

Barring injury to Tom Brady, the Superbowl this year will go to the Patriots.

They are way too good and way too deep.

No one is going to beat them in the playoffs. No one.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncodogPG View Post
          Can I ask, who thinks that we will be in the play-offs this year?
          I really think we are cursed or something, way too many injuries.

We are not playin like the confident underdogs that we are usually
          we have way too many free agents,you build through the draft.
          Look how competitive the college games are now, there are better athletes
          now then when I was growing up.

I always talk about building in the draft to the Skins fans (i'm from MD) now hell, look at us doin the same thing they do.

Well we may be able to pull 10-6 but i doubt it.
          High draft pick 7-9?
          Man if they make the playoffs, the Shanahan deserves Coach of the DECADE! If they win 4 more of their games and finish 7-9, I will consider that a pretty impressive feat! And all against a pretty weak schedule, at lest I thought it was at the beginning of the year.

And i agree 100% with Cugel, there is NO ONE going to beat the patsies or dolts this year in the playoffs.

Comment

We could, seriously. Look at how much room to grow we have on this team. Cutler, Scheffler, Marshall, Walker (back), Young Oline, Crowder, Thomas, DJ. These are all players that should be playing better by the end of the year just by getting more playing time. If we continue to work thru the ups and downs and get some good chemistry, we could go on a roll.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight View Post
              This is correct.

Are you two really saying you wouldn't want the chance to play either of those teams in the playoffs?

Sure they are a better football team. But the better football team doesn't always win. Look at the Steelers. They were not the best team in the AFC that year!

It is all about the team that plays the best on game day

I have heard it's win it all or bust before but IMO this is taking it to far. Even if we were 40 point underdogs I would rather us play the game then just forfeit. I bet the other teams you mentioned feel the same.
              Last edited by fcspikeit; 11-02-2007, 04:11 PM.
              _
              Card by broncos_mtnman Sig by MasterShake America: Freedom to Fascism Watch this!
              All you need to know about Yellow & White Bars, CPs, and Levels

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight View Post
                This is correct.

you're wrong.

Comment

Does it matter at all whether this team makes the playoffs?

Thank you!!!

I've been saying that for awhile now, but with a slightly different logic. If we, by some stoke of luck or miracle, were to sneak our way into the playoffs, we wouldn't go anywhere. We'd be guaranteed an early exit, for sure. Face it, folks ...we're just not coming together well enough as a team right now to "play with the big boys", guys.

sigpic
                  They're your teammates, now.
                  Best of luck, TT!
                  ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by fcspikeit View Post
                    Are you two really saying you wouldn't want the chance to play either of those teams in the playoffs?

Sure they are a better football team. But the better football team doesn't always win. Look at the Steelers. They were not the best team in the AFC that year!

It is all about the team that plays the best on game day

I have heard it's win it all or bust before but IMO this is taking it to far. Even if we were 40 point underdogs I would rather us play the game then just forfeit. I bet the other teams you mentioned feel the same.

You're right, we're not the best team in the AFC this year. ...We're the 16th best.

...OK, I said that for effect. I'm not going to go calculating or looking up stats, or anything. We're not the worst, but we're playing somewhere near the bottom of the barrel right now, I'll say that much.

And OK, so what if we did somehow get to play the Colts or the Patriots? You're saying you don't mind winning the championship, even if we do it by luck and clearly are not the better team?

Sorry, we're clearly not in the same boat.

(To clarify... Show that we're capable of turning this ship around, and playing with a lot more heart than we've been doing the first half of this season, and I'll gladly support this team. ...But keep up our inept ways and continue to eke out wins only by miracles - last-second FGs, anyone? - and any "victory" is a hollow one, to me.)

:2cents:
                    sigpic
                    They're your teammates, now.
                    Best of luck, TT!
                    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

I really think the broncos wont make they playoffs. The chance is still there, and i still believe in it. Its just the chances are slim to nothing when it comes to the broncos getting to the playoffs. For now i am going to just enjoy the broncos play, and watch all the young guys develop. Win or lose....i will just enjoy watching the broncos. Lets face the facts, there is too much development going on with the broncos to make the playoffs this year. So lets just keep an eye on who will step up and be a rising star next year. If the broncos do make the playoffs this year...i will be happy that they just get there, even if they lose the first round. Also, i just dont see the broncos going 6-10 or 7-9. I say 8-8 or 9-7. Looking forward to the draft next year

I just saw the colts on the news. Payton Manning was interviewed and questioned about the game against the Pats. He had a very worried look on his face. I have never seen him that worried in my life. I hope he isnt looking at that game as a loss. I want the colts to knock the the Pats Gloded heads off. Payton Manning is a way better QB than Tom Brady. Its just the players around Brady that make him look good. If the colts cant stop the Pats, then no one can stop them.

Comment

Time For Change

I think we may need to look at finding a new coach. I think Shanahan has made a some moves that showed he may be losing this team. Shanahan wanted to make a point to the team that the special team play was unacceptable by cutting Domenik Hixon. Shannon knew this would shake up the team because Domenik was a 4th round pick and had been one of the stand out players during training camp. Shannon was hoping he could bring Domenik back to the practice squad and then back on the active roster. We can all agree the Domenik was not a great put returner but he had tremendous potential as a receiver on this team just by his play in training camp alone. Now with Javon and Rod out of action we back to trying to find a solid third receiver from free agents Glenn Martinez and Brian Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk View Post
                          (To clarify... Show that we're capable of turning this ship around, and playing with a lot more heart than we've been doing the first half of this season, and I'll gladly support this team. ...But keep up our inept ways and continue to eke out wins only by miracles - last-second FGs, anyone? - and any "victory" is a hollow one, to me.)

:2cents:

Not to be brash, but I do not thinks its a matter of heart

Its a Matter of lack of talent. The offensive line (mostly due to injury) and defensive line (just sucks) are not playing well.

Also I can not say it enough. the loss of Al wilson on defense, the heart and soul has changed the LB play dramatically. Once a strenght, now a weakness.
                          Ian Gold looks lost. to me the only LB playing decent at times is DJ Williams

Also Cutler is still so raw. Once he gets more experience and stops throwing off of his back foot. I think he will be fine.

Only time will tell, I will root hard but I have zero expectations for this year.

NE has scored over 300 pts at game 8. We will be lucky to get that by the end of the year. That says a lot to me.

I do not mind 6-10 if it helps us in the long run improves our team. Whats the diffrence between 5-8 wins in the long run on a very very flawed team.
                          We need a major talent infuse, especially on defense.

Now Im gonna get flamed for being honest or not a true fan, which is bs to me. I am a true fan. I do not want to have unrealistic expecations of us being 10-6 etc. Its does not mean that I want us to lose. I still root hard and did on Monday night and will watch all the time etc.

I really think we are lucky to have 3 wins. we could be 1-6 and this place would have exploded all ready
                          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Someone mentioned it earlier and I agree-Too many free agents! I heard a good analogy on the radio. When you play a game of football, or fight a war you can go about it two ways. 1.Recruit and train from your own ranks or 2.Hire trained professionals (free agents for football, mercanaries for the war). Now, both can do good work and play/fight hard, but when the chips are down who will fight harder? The person who has been there all along and believes in the cause, or the hired gun who is there for the money?

I believe the young players we have (Cutler, Selvin, Marshall, Sheffler) will have a great future because they all pretty much started the same time and they have a certain sense of pride being Broncos because thats the team giving them the shot. On the other hand players like Simeon Rice and Sam Adams have no loyalty, only the ego that comes with the inflated head of a team that "hires" them for their specialties. When I put my jersey on on Sunday, I feel like I am more a part of the Broncos because I care about them. When some of the Free Agents put THEIR Broncos jersey on, they are Broncos only by association and "business".

I don't think Shannahan should be fired, but he needs to get back to putting the personnel around the core instead of the personnel INTO the core. The heart of the franchise used to be Elway for a long time. Instead of bringing in tons of free agents, he got Elway a good running back and some good FA veterans for defense. I think the new heart of the franchise is the young players I mentioned above, and if we can build off of them we will be a good if not great team for a long time. Sorry for the ramble, I hope that makes sense.

Comment

who cares if we make the playoffs??? Seriously. What difference does it make? We aren't good enough to win anything once there... so why all the hype about getting there????

No.. I don't think we'll make the playoffs, and I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                              X