Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really hate to think like this but......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I re-iterate what I have been saying for weeks no: I seriously oubt we win another game this year never mind another 3 or even 5!
    Anybody who predicts that many wins based on what they have seen so far has got to come down to reality.

Currently this team is floundering. That's about the only way to describe it. They do not seem to have the leadership necessry to pull the rabbit out of the hat in crucial game time situations (sans Elam). They have a lack of confidence that is permeating the complete team.

Unless this turns around- which it sure seems not to be very likely, another win this year will bea major feat. The more losses in a row from here on out is going to be the quicksand that sucks the team in.

I would love to say "sure we are going 9-7 again" but I tell you that I have seen few Bronco teams with this much potential and that much lack of result. I'd have to think back decades now to come up with a team with confidence problems like we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by Combo1985 View Post
      you're wrong.

Who's going to beat them then?

Comment

Before the start of the season I think we all known that the Colts and the Patriots was going to be the teams to beat.That is not going out on a limb or make you a football expert or less of a Denver fan by saying it.

I always believe in the upset and the any given sunday theory.

That being said I was hoping the Broncos could be that team.
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Don't we always beat the patsies no matter how good they are and how much we suck?

I definitely hope we at least get to the playoffs. It's good entertainment. If we play half decent it's worth it. Any time I can watch my broncs play once more I'm happy especially in the playoffs because the energy is so high.
          Last edited by jmag; 11-03-2007, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight View Post
            This is correct.

Barring injury to Tom Brady, the Superbowl this year will go to the Patriots.

They are way too good and way too deep.

No one is going to beat them in the playoffs. No one.
            I truly believe the Dolts win tomorrow and that will give them home field, and they beat Dallas in the Super Bowl for two in a row. Now scuse me cause I gotta go HURL now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              who cares if we make the playoffs???
              Me, me. . . pick me I care.

Seriously. What difference does it make?
              It makes for a shorter off-season (the worst time of the year) and playoff games are just more intense.

We aren't good enough to win anything once there... so why all the hype about getting there????
              Our defense has improved the last two games, our best receiver and RB might be back, and our pack of young pups may have aquired the hang of being in the hunt. In any given game (yeah- I know it is cliche but it is still true), parity makes picking a winner chancey at best.

No.. I don't think we'll make the playoffs, and I don't care.
              I don't honestly think that we will either. However, I do care and I still hope that they do.

Comment

Originally posted by orangedog4 View Post
                I think we may need to look at finding a new coach. I think Shanahan has made a some moves that showed he may be losing this team. Shanahan wanted to make a point to the team that the special team play was unacceptable by cutting Domenik Hixon. Shannon knew this would shake up the team because Domenik was a 4th round pick and had been one of the stand out players during training camp. Shannon was hoping he could bring Domenik back to the practice squad and then back on the active roster. We can all agree the Domenik was not a great put returner but he had tremendous potential as a receiver on this team just by his play in training camp alone. Now with Javon and Rod out of action we back to trying to find a solid third receiver from free agents Glenn Martinez and Brian Clark.

It's hard to take any posters seriously when they refer to our coach as Shannon.

...At least I assume you were talking about our coach.

Either way, there's no one on the Broncos by that name.

sigpic
                They're your teammates, now.
                Best of luck, TT!
                ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                  Someone mentioned it earlier and I agree-Too many free agents! I heard a good analogy on the radio. When you play a game of football, or fight a war you can go about it two ways. 1.Recruit and train from your own ranks or 2.Hire trained professionals (free agents for football, mercanaries for the war). Now, both can do good work and play/fight hard, but when the chips are down who will fight harder? The person who has been there all along and believes in the cause, or the hired gun who is there for the money?

I believe the young players we have (Cutler, Selvin, Marshall, Sheffler) will have a great future because they all pretty much started the same time and they have a certain sense of pride being Broncos because thats the team giving them the shot. On the other hand players like Simeon Rice and Sam Adams have no loyalty, only the ego that comes with the inflated head of a team that "hires" them for their specialties. When I put my jersey on on Sunday, I feel like I am more a part of the Broncos because I care about them. When some of the Free Agents put THEIR Broncos jersey on, they are Broncos only by association and "business".

I don't think Shannahan should be fired, but he needs to get back to putting the personnel around the core instead of the personnel INTO the core. The heart of the franchise used to be Elway for a long time. Instead of bringing in tons of free agents, he got Elway a good running back and some good FA veterans for defense. I think the new heart of the franchise is the young players I mentioned above, and if we can build off of them we will be a good if not great team for a long time. Sorry for the ramble, I hope that makes sense.
                  Makes sense to me MS. Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco View Post
                    Not to be brash, but I do not thinks its a matter of heart

Its a Matter of lack of talent. The offensive line (mostly due to injury) and defensive line (just sucks) are not playing well.

Eh, OK. I think that's probably a more accurate assessment than how I chose to describe it. Good job.

I will root hard but I have zero expectations for this year.

HOLY CRAP! I cannot believe someone else posted that thought on this message board. I mean, if you're not absolutely drunk with orange vision and gung-ho-ness that, even when we're 1-15, we still have a chance to win the Super Bowl ...then you run the serious risk of being called <GASP> "less of a fan". ...You know that, right? Right? And you're willing to take that chance? ...I mean, you're not supposed to acknowledge that there is anything in this world more important to you than Broncos football. Tossing your expectations for this season in the 'recycle' bin and saying "I'll be back next year" is strictly forbidden.

Shame on you, Medford. ...Shame on you for actually making sense.

Last edited by sbutk; 11-03-2007, 05:32 PM.
                    sigpic
                    They're your teammates, now.
                    Best of luck, TT!
                    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Combo1985 View Post
                      you're wrong.

Pats beat the Colts 24-20

Again, who is going to beat the Pats?

Comment

I am thinking 6-10 this year and I personally think that the Broncos don't have a chance with Cutler at the wheel... Just my opinion, but please save this reply so when I am right, everyone will remember...

Comment

Originally posted by DenverNative View Post
                          I am thinking 6-10 this year and I personally think that the Broncos don't have a chance with Cutler at the wheel... Just my opinion, but please save this reply so when I am right, everyone will remember...
                          Cutler's is in his second year as a Bronco, and his first full year as a starter, and you've already written him off? I think we need to give Jay the benefit of the doubt, if there even is any right now, until he is at least 25 or 26 (when he would be considered a veteran) before we give up on him.

Comment

This is correct.

Barring injury to Tom Brady, the Superbowl this year will go to the Patriots.

They are way too good and way too deep.

No one is going to beat them in the playoffs. No one.
                            Chuck Norris can... With both hands behind his back

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                              who cares if we make the playoffs??? Seriously. What difference does it make? We aren't good enough to win anything once there... so why all the hype about getting there????

No.. I don't think we'll make the playoffs, and I don't care.
                              Players care. They get paid playoff money.

Makes a huge difference to be a team that beat San Francisco to make the playoffs last year rather than the team that lost their last game at home to miss the playoffs.

Makes a huge difference to the Avs to be a team that made the playoffs rather than a team that missed out by one point.

Makes a huge difference to the Rockies to have made the post-season, even though they got killed in the WS.

Playoffs matter.

Comment

Pats beat the Colts 24-20

Again, who is going to beat the Pats?
                                Who was going to beat the Broncos in 96'?

If making predictions in November was so easy more people would have retired to Vegas by now.

Comment

Working...
                                X