Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really hate to think like this but......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taz_bb2
    replied
    Jim Mora rant

It's scary how I can see Shanny behind that podium.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    In the immortal words of Jim Mora "Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!

If anyone has a clip of that, I'd beg to see it. That is soooo appropriate for those around here who still see us winning the SB this year.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by rka View Post
    Who was going to beat the Broncos in 96'?

If making predictions in November was so easy more people would have retired to Vegas by now.

Paging the Miami Dolphins...

They knocked off the Pats in a huge upset once before when they were the bottom of the barrel. And since it's been quite a few years since then, it's high time for them to do it again!

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncodogPG View Post
    Can I ask, who thinks that we will be in the play-offs this year?
    I really think we are cursed or something, way too many injuries.

We are not playin like the confident underdogs that we are usually
    we have way too many free agents,you build through the draft.
    Look how competitive the college games are now, there are better athletes
    now then when I was growing up.

I always talk about building in the draft to the Skins fans (i'm from MD) now hell, look at us doin the same thing they do.

Well we may be able to pull 10-6 but i doubt it.
    High draft pick 7-9?

In the immortal words of Jim Mora "Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!

Leave a comment:

• Broncoballa2684
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    This is correct.

Barring injury to Tom Brady, the Superbowl this year will go to the Patriots.

They are way too good and way too deep.

No one is going to beat them in the playoffs. No one.

the colts are the best team in football....they will beat the pats in jan, the colts had both there 1st and 3rd wrs were out 2day that only leaves 2 or so healthy wrs on a team who throws the ball and they still almost won?? wait till there back in jan.....

Leave a comment:

• kmcgough25
    replied
    Pats beat the Colts 24-20

Again, who is going to beat the Pats?
    I'll answer.....The Colts!!!

They have the ability to anyway. They demonstrated they can keep up and anything can happen in the playoffs.

Not likely, but they can.

Leave a comment:

• rka
    replied

Who was going to beat the Broncos in 96'?

If making predictions in November was so easy more people would have retired to Vegas by now.

Leave a comment:

• rka
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    who cares if we make the playoffs??? Seriously. What difference does it make? We aren't good enough to win anything once there... so why all the hype about getting there????

No.. I don't think we'll make the playoffs, and I don't care.
    Players care. They get paid playoff money.

Makes a huge difference to be a team that beat San Francisco to make the playoffs last year rather than the team that lost their last game at home to miss the playoffs.

Makes a huge difference to the Avs to be a team that made the playoffs rather than a team that missed out by one point.

Makes a huge difference to the Rockies to have made the post-season, even though they got killed in the WS.

Playoffs matter.

Leave a comment:

• TheJackal
    replied
    This is correct.

Barring injury to Tom Brady, the Superbowl this year will go to the Patriots.

They are way too good and way too deep.

No one is going to beat them in the playoffs. No one.
    Chuck Norris can... With both hands behind his back

Leave a comment:

• frybread
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverNative View Post
    I am thinking 6-10 this year and I personally think that the Broncos don't have a chance with Cutler at the wheel... Just my opinion, but please save this reply so when I am right, everyone will remember...
    Cutler's is in his second year as a Bronco, and his first full year as a starter, and you've already written him off? I think we need to give Jay the benefit of the doubt, if there even is any right now, until he is at least 25 or 26 (when he would be considered a veteran) before we give up on him.

Leave a comment:

• DenverNative
    replied
    I am thinking 6-10 this year and I personally think that the Broncos don't have a chance with Cutler at the wheel... Just my opinion, but please save this reply so when I am right, everyone will remember...

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by Combo1985 View Post
    you're wrong.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    Not to be brash, but I do not thinks its a matter of heart

Its a Matter of lack of talent. The offensive line (mostly due to injury) and defensive line (just sucks) are not playing well.

Eh, OK. I think that's probably a more accurate assessment than how I chose to describe it. Good job.

I will root hard but I have zero expectations for this year.

HOLY CRAP! I cannot believe someone else posted that thought on this message board. I mean, if you're not absolutely drunk with orange vision and gung-ho-ness that, even when we're 1-15, we still have a chance to win the Super Bowl ...then you run the serious risk of being called <GASP> "less of a fan". ...You know that, right? Right? And you're willing to take that chance? ...I mean, you're not supposed to acknowledge that there is anything in this world more important to you than Broncos football. Tossing your expectations for this season in the 'recycle' bin and saying "I'll be back next year" is strictly forbidden.

Shame on you, Medford. ...Shame on you for actually making sense.

Last edited by sbutk; 11-03-2007, 05:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slick7
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
    Someone mentioned it earlier and I agree-Too many free agents! I heard a good analogy on the radio. When you play a game of football, or fight a war you can go about it two ways. 1.Recruit and train from your own ranks or 2.Hire trained professionals (free agents for football, mercanaries for the war). Now, both can do good work and play/fight hard, but when the chips are down who will fight harder? The person who has been there all along and believes in the cause, or the hired gun who is there for the money?

I believe the young players we have (Cutler, Selvin, Marshall, Sheffler) will have a great future because they all pretty much started the same time and they have a certain sense of pride being Broncos because thats the team giving them the shot. On the other hand players like Simeon Rice and Sam Adams have no loyalty, only the ego that comes with the inflated head of a team that "hires" them for their specialties. When I put my jersey on on Sunday, I feel like I am more a part of the Broncos because I care about them. When some of the Free Agents put THEIR Broncos jersey on, they are Broncos only by association and "business".

I don't think Shannahan should be fired, but he needs to get back to putting the personnel around the core instead of the personnel INTO the core. The heart of the franchise used to be Elway for a long time. Instead of bringing in tons of free agents, he got Elway a good running back and some good FA veterans for defense. I think the new heart of the franchise is the young players I mentioned above, and if we can build off of them we will be a good if not great team for a long time. Sorry for the ramble, I hope that makes sense.
    Makes sense to me MS. Good post.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by orangedog4 View Post
    I think we may need to look at finding a new coach. I think Shanahan has made a some moves that showed he may be losing this team. Shanahan wanted to make a point to the team that the special team play was unacceptable by cutting Domenik Hixon. Shannon knew this would shake up the team because Domenik was a 4th round pick and had been one of the stand out players during training camp. Shannon was hoping he could bring Domenik back to the practice squad and then back on the active roster. We can all agree the Domenik was not a great put returner but he had tremendous potential as a receiver on this team just by his play in training camp alone. Now with Javon and Rod out of action we back to trying to find a solid third receiver from free agents Glenn Martinez and Brian Clark.

It's hard to take any posters seriously when they refer to our coach as Shannon.

...At least I assume you were talking about our coach.

Either way, there's no one on the Broncos by that name.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X