Post game rants---Detriot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants---Detriot

I know that the average fan did not notice Andre Hall was in but since he is from my alma mater, I was excited to see him in finally.

He looked a little to fast on KR or the blocking unit on KR is a little slow. To bad he couldn't return more kicks the packers guy was sailing them all night long. He looked great running pass routes and broke several tackles when he had the rock. He also did good running the ball. To many penalties though on the bronco's offense. He had 2 or 3 called +10 yard gains called back. He looks different from Young for sure. He's a little faster with better balance from what I saw last night. Young seems to go down easier than Hall, but Young definitely looks good.

Andre Hall would have been in Young's position if not for the injury he had during preseason (he was ahead of Young in camp), which nagged him during regular season until now it would seem. This was his first active offensive game. This is an announcement for the average Bronco fan to watch for Hall.

Jim Bates!

I thought that the Bates signing was going to be one of the major possitive off-season moves....possibly even more so then the FA signings of Graham, Henry, Stokley, etc. and the trade for Bly....

Supposedly our d-line was going to suddenly be a pass rushing machine (as were the previous two d-line's he coached, ie, Carolina and Miami)....I realize that the 'Phins have Taylor and the Cats have Peppers and the Broncos have a bunch of kids trying to make a name for themselves (for the most part)....but holy hell....did we apply ANY pressure on Favre the entire game!!!!

I recall ONE play where we applied some pressure (and had Elvis not have hit Brett's arm - Champ would have taken it to the house )....

Our defense plain SUCKS!!!!

AHHH, I can't for the life of me think of our d-cordinators name from the Super Bowl years! Greg something or another maybe ....Ray Rhodes, Larry Coyer, Jim Bates....all = garbage!!!!
    I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

Jim Bates doesn't have the players to run his Defense. Besides, you can't expect a team to pick-up a new system within a few games when you've been doing a system opposite of bates for years.

Or

Maybe your just expecting too much from a team that has had to deal with tragedy and short-comings: Two teammates of theirs passed away, they get a whole new defensive staff, they lose their best defensive leader (Al Wilson), they lose their best coverage saftey(Sam Brandon), they lose their best center and guard (Nalen and Hamillton), they lose their most experienced DE(Ekuban), a 2nd year quarterback is only starting in his upcoming 13th game, their RB's future in the league is in question and can't stay healthy, their current best defensive leader is having injury problems, their ILB is starting in a new postion for the third time in his NFL career, the team has almost no experience at D-Line and O-line, and they don't have their best and most experience WR in (Javon and Rod).

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
        Jim Bates doesn't have the players to run his Defense. Besides, you can't expect a team to pick-up a new system within a few games when you've been doing a system opposite of bates for years.

Or

Maybe your just expecting too much from a team that has had to deal with tragedy and short-comings: Two teammates of theirs passed away, they get a whole new defensive staff, they lose their best defensive leader (Al Wilson), they lose their best coverage saftey(Sam Brandon), they lose their best center and guard (Nalen and Hamillton), they lose their most experienced DE(Ekuban), a 2nd year quarterback is only starting in his upcoming 13th game, their RB's future in the league is in question and can't stay healthy, their current best defensive leader is having injury problems, their ILB is starting in a new postion for the third time in his NFL career, the team has almost no experience at D-Line and O-line, and they don't have their best and most experience WR in (Javon and Rod).
        Ouch... That's gotta suck.

I do think we are moving in the right direction, and we have a solid base of talent to build around for the future. But part of me is concerned and sad for those vets on the team, how much longer will Rod, John, Champ, Dre, and the others be here? I hope we make a legit run of it next year and get ourselves a ring. That'd make up for struggling so much this year.

What doesn't break you makes you stronger, i guess if we pull through we should be very strong!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post

Or

A few games isn't ten years.

I understand we have lots of problems but good teams adjust to that. Remember a few years ago when the Pats defense was banged up? No Harrison, no Tedy Bruschi, and no Seymour, and no Randall Gay. They were still a good defense.
          MMA News
          MMA News 247

Comment

Abdullah Ready To Go

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=7470 It says he's almost 100 percent and I think he is better than Foxworth. No offense but Foxworth should stay at the nickel spot especially against Detroit they got 3 top WR's. Abdullah is a great tackler he is what we need for the run game plus he needs some game experience.

Comment

It doesn't really matter. Foxworth remains the first back up for any DB position. Abdullah gets in at safety if Foxworth is in to cover the 3rd receiver and either Lynch or Ferguson is out with an injury or one of them needs a rest. The other way is if either Champ or Dre are hurt and Foxworth is filling in for one of them and someone ends up needing to fill in for Lynch or Ferguson.

I find it hard to believe that Abdullah is anything special when a 5'11" 180 lb cornerback is considered a better option at safety than a 6'2" 216 lb safety.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Hooray!
                MMA News
                MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  It doesn't really matter. Foxworth remains the first back up for any DB position. Abdullah gets in at safety if Foxworth is in to cover the 3rd receiver and either Lynch or Ferguson is out with an injury or one of them needs a rest. The other way is if either Champ or Dre are hurt and Foxworth is filling in for one of them and someone ends up needing to fill in for Lynch or Ferguson.

I find it hard to believe that Abdullah is anything special when a 5'11" 180 lb cornerback is considered a better option at safety than a 6'2" 216 lb safety.
                  he has been injured like the last 5 weeks or so, hopefully he can make an impact and reassure us fans that safety is not a top priority compared to some of our other holes in this team
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

He has great instincts, he does something special everytime he is on the field, I hope they get him alot of playing time to help cement the future.

Comment

He's special? So special he's not capable of earning a starting spot anywhere on our team? So special that he's not even the third CB on our depth chart even when he is healthy? He is only special to bias Bronco fans. To everyone else in the NFL, he's a nobody. Untill I see this "special" on the field, which I haven't yet, he's still just riding the pine hoping.
                      Originally posted by Soldier96B
                      i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed View Post
                        He's special? So special he's not capable of earning a starting spot anywhere on our team? So special that he's not even the third CB on our depth chart even when he is healthy? He is only special to bias Bronco fans. To everyone else in the NFL, he's a nobody. Untill I see this "special" on the field, which I haven't yet, he's still just riding the pine hoping.
                        umm hes a safety first off, second he has seen playing time untill he got hurt.
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

I think Hamza can make the type of impact on our defense the way Bob Sanders does in indy (nnot comparing him to BOB). He had an interception in the preseason and whens the last time u've seen a safety pick something off besides Fergy against Dallas a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed View Post
                            I believe your thinking of Karl Paymah
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                              he has been injured like the last 5 weeks or so, hopefully he can make an impact and reassure us fans that safety is not a top priority compared to some of our other holes in this team
                              Foxworth is the first backup for any DB position regardless of injuries. Even if Abdullah is healthy, he's still behind Foxworth on the depth chart at the safety position. That tells me that there isn't anything special about Abdullah.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X