Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no 1000 yard rusher this year...a positive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no 1000 yard rusher this year...a positive?

sounds silly, i know, but hear me out.

perhaps it might be the biggest wake up call our coaches could get. shanahan more specfically, since he's obviously the chairman. i think having a 1000 yard runner every year is something our coach takes great pride in. you can almost sense the fact he feels like he can plug in guys some other teams couldn't, and get a 1000 yards out of him. and we're right now, in danger of falling into complacency.

i think what might force shanahan to make bigger moves than he would otherwise is if our running game for the first time in about five hundred years fails to run for 1000 yards with one player. it's in-public type of embarrassing. that might force a very proud coach to make more drastic moves than he would otherwise. it's tough to explain on little sleep and even less food lol, but do you get what i mean? like we can play poorly, every team plays poorly sometimes, everything we can make excuses for...but the one thing we do each and every single year, we can't do anymore? buh god this team needs fixin!

as i type this, our defense is doing nothing. seriously. nothing. when i say nothing, i really mean it. free plays.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

The way the season is heading, McFadden may not be out of reach in next years draft.

Comment

i just dont understand what the big deal with 1000 yard backs is. like 3/4 of the NFL teams have them

i dont care how much our D sucks we need a great RB here. I really like that J Stewart guy from oregon in the mid first. we need consistency and you dont get that by putting a new back in every freaking year. give cutler someone who has great speed, good power, can catch and make people miss. we need a RB who is a threat on every play no matter where you are on the field, your 20 or the opponents 20.

just my 2 cents
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

I want Clinton Portis back

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
          i just dont understand what the big deal with 1000 yard backs is. like 3/4 of the NFL teams have them

i dont care how much our D sucks we need a great RB here. I really like that J Stewart guy from oregon in the mid first. we need consistency and you dont get that by putting a new back in every freaking year. give cutler someone who has great speed, good power, can catch and make people miss. we need a RB who is a threat on every play no matter where you are on the field, your 20 or the opponents 20.

just my 2 cents
          man you have no idea how badly i wanted to draft marion barber

we need pass rushers too. elvis is good but he's an on the fence guy. as in, a great D will make him look great but he won't be great on a defense this poor.

the problem is....well, what do we do with every good pass rusher we have?

-reggie hayward
          -trevor pryce
          -bert berry

see where i'm going with this? like i know we would've had to have paid alot but you know, maybe we should just pony up and pay for one. because cutting corners is killing this team.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
          Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Man.. who really even cares at this point.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
              man you have no idea how badly i wanted to draft marion barber

we need pass rushers too. elvis is good but he's an on the fence guy. as in, a great D will make him look great but he won't be great on a defense this poor.

the problem is....well, what do we do with every good pass rusher we have?

-reggie hayward
              -trevor pryce
              -bert berry

see where i'm going with this? like i know we would've had to have paid alot but you know, maybe we should just pony up and pay for one. because cutting corners is killing this team.
              well we could get barber or turner this offseason seeing as how henry is probably done for good plus hes not doing **** today

that is a major problem with us, we dont reward our good player other than by trading them away lately and over paying FA to come in to a new system.

pause - fumble for a TD freaking fantastic, now lepsis is down . . . ahahahah what a joke

ok back to what i was saying we need to keep players in our system instead of bringing in all these new guys year in and year out
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

i just don't get why after weeks upon weeks of failing with the bates scheme, we drop it, play great, and then install the scheme again!

for the life of me i don't know why the hell this is happening. as crazy as it'll sound right now, i think next year will be one of those "ahhh, this is what we should've done" years.

Comment

I think 1000 yard backs are overrated. i'd rather have 16 running backs, and have them all alternate 100 yard games throughout the year, than say a 1000yard back and a 500 yard back.

Comment

66 yard TD INT return by Shaun Rodgers? Dang.

Comment

Yes it will be good. This should show Shanahan that he can't just cut people and feel everyone is replacable. I was a bit weary of Travis Henry signing because of his injuries. I hope he either grooms Selvin Young or bring in another stud for the long haul. I hope the same goes for the offensive line. They are getting up there with age.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        66 yard TD INT return by Shaun Rodgers? Dang.
                        Wow, I just saw that in the boxscore.

How sad.

As for the 1k rusher, it doesn't look to good.

Comment

I think 1000 yard backs are overrated. i'd rather have 16 running backs, and have them all alternate 100 yard games throughout the year, than say a 1000yard back and a 500 yard back.
                          Speak for yourself, too many roster spots.

Comment

8 games passed, Henry is still 12th in the league.
                            He can get 1000, if he doesnt get suspened

Comment

id much rather have 1 back go for 1600 than 16 backs do it, it shows comitment and that you can try to stop that back but it wont work. i hate, absolutely hate situational players if thats what your getting at, you need 1 player that can do everything otherwise your like the denver offense, predictable as hell
                              sigpic
                              -------

Comment

Working...
                              X