Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the good news is.... / Still in AFC West / playoff hunt (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
    No, probably because you have given up on your team, and are now trying to convince others to do the same.

:nono:
    "Give up" as in this year has become a lost cause. Not "give up" and root for another team "give up". If they do make the playoffs through some crazy act of god, do you really, truly believe they will do anything? Don't tell me to stop posting here just because I'm a realist. Rebuilding seasons, losing seasons, these kind of things happen to a team. Luckily there are still some of us who know this.

Comment

The Sad part is.....

The Broncos are still in the race. I can't remember when the entire AFC West was this bad. The Chargers and the Chiefs stink as bad as the Broncos except they don't have all the injuries we do. In fact, we are doing well with what we have left playing on the field. We aren't going to win the Super Bowl by any means but the playoffs are something to shoot for at 8-8 in this division.

Comment

Man, how bad is the AFC West that we are still in the race after the laugher we played today? This division is teetering on the brink of being the worst in the NFL. Things sure do change quickly in today's NFL, don't they?

Comment

Funny I was coming in to post the same exact thing.

Hey, despite a dismal start to the 2007 football season, we actually are not out of it yet. Hopefully the Broncos can regroup and finish the second half of the season strong, and be in first in the AFC West.

Prevoiusly the Broncos came out of the gate strong in the first half of the season only to fall apart in the 2nd half. I hope we have a reversal of fortune here. We suck in the first half, and finish strong in the 2nd.

So, fellow Broncos fans keep your heads up, its not over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Deep View Post
            Hey, despite a dismal start to the 2007 football season, we actually are not out of it yet. .
            We're not out of it until we are mathematically eliminated. However, keep in mind that:

1. The defense is a shambles
            2. The coaching / preparation / motivation is abysmal
            3. The team is decimated by injuries

The math may say the team is "in it", but the evidence points to something else...

Hopefully the Broncos can regroup and finish the second half of the season strong, and be in first in the AFC West
            Regroup? We need a mid-term offseason to put the pieces back together.

Comment

Originally posted by evolaerok View Post
              "Give up" as in this year has become a lost cause. Not "give up" and root for another team "give up". If they do make the playoffs through some crazy act of god, do you really, truly believe they will do anything? Don't tell me to stop posting here just because I'm a realist. Rebuilding seasons, losing seasons, these kind of things happen to a team. Luckily there are still some of us who know this.
              I never said you should stop posting, I save that for the trolls. You did however post that you've given up, and so should I.

Give up as a fan you mean? Would it help?

Do I believe that we can do anything in the playoffs, if we make it? Well, um, YES! 8 weeks is a LONG time in the nfl, right?

Teams get hot, teams go cold. Any given Sunday, yada yada yada.

As long as we still have a chance, I will not give up hope. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
                I never said you should stop posting, I save that for the trolls. You did however post that you've given up, and so should I.

Give up as a fan you mean? Would it help?

Do I believe that we can do anything in the playoffs, if we make it? Well, um, YES! 8 weeks is a LONG time in the nfl, right?

Teams get hot, teams go cold. Any given Sunday, yada yada yada.

As long as we still have a chance, I will not give up hope. Period.

I wish I was as optimistic as you are.

Comment

teetering on being the worst? no this is the worst by FAR.

Comment

It's unrealistic to expect the Broncos to go 8-8. I suppose you can always hope, but for what purpose?

It's hard not to root for them to win because I certainly can't root for them to lose. There is no logical reason to believe that they will make the playoffs. I doubt the Chargers are as bad as their record would indicate. The talent they have is almost undoubtedly too much for the Broncos to overcome. There's no reason to believe that the Broncos can beat the Chargers in San Diego. Given the Broncos horrendous run defense, it can be expected that they will lose two games to the Chiefs as well. The game in Chokeland isn't going to be a gimme either. There are no games remaining on the Broncos' schedule in which they would be the clear favorites. They are all very losable games. I think 6-10 is about the best they can hope for.

The biggest problem for the Broncos is a lack of top tier talent. part of the reason for that is Shanahan looking for players that fit a system rather than looking for the best talent available. The other part of that is not being in position to select from the top of the cream of the crop among the college talent in the draft.

While they would benefit from losing out, it's unrealistic to believe that they will just simply pack it in and lose in order to gain position for the draft. Unfortunately, they are probably bad enough that they will end up with a top ten pick even if they do keep trying to win.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I was ready to give up!!!

I swear . . . I had finally gotten to the point that I could say the season was over. I was sitting there looking at 44-7 ready to say "next year". And then I see the Chiefs, the Chargers, and the Raiders all lost so this huge embarrassing failure didn't change conference standings at all . . . and maybe we can still make it to the post-season.

Could someone please talk some sense into me? I know I'm headed for heartache . . . but I just can't give up when we're only down by 1 game.

I seriously can't take this flip-flopping . . . first there are the last minute field goal wins. . . then some bad losses, but before I can completely lose hope, there's the Pittsburgh win. Then a heartbreaking OT loss that starts to convince me we're not that bad . . . now this week.

Please, Broncos, make up your mind . . . either win, or lose, but either way I need some consistency here!

Comment

Yeah... we sure caught a break with the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers loosing also.. We need to get with it if we want a chance to do anything positive this year..

All I have to was about the game today is..

Comment

playoffs

I know we have a chance to make the playoffs, but if we're going to play like how we're playing now it's best for us to miss the playoffs. Because we will get crushed in the playoffs with this team, and mess up our high draft pick. We also need some coachs that teach good fundamental football skills. Because week in and out this team can't do the basics!

Comment

Well if we fans think we can beat anyone in the playoffs right now were in for a big surprise, we have had to much happen over the last year, deaths to 2 big players, lost 2 big players on defense with Wilson and Brandon, we brought too many new people in this year, and injuries are killing us. We expected too much out of this team. Unless something huge happens were done.

Comment

getting to the playoffs this year is just a ticket to worsening your draft pick

but someone's got to represent the afc west, those are the rules lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
                                I know we have a chance to make the playoffs, but if we're going to play like how we're playing now it's best for us to miss the playoffs. Because we will get crushed in the playoffs with this team, and mess up our high draft pick. We also need some coachs that teach good fundamental football skills. Because week in and out this team can't do the basics!
                                I couldn't have said it any better myself. I hate it, but this is the realistic view of how it would be. We would be the whipping boy of the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X