Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the good news is.... / Still in AFC West / playoff hunt (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    Are you guys frickin serious? You really want the Broncos to get into the playoffs? The rag-tag Broncos, IN THE PLAYOFFS? That's a DISASTER!

Plus, it means a LOWER draft pick, like in the 20's... AGAIN!

Do you guys honestly believe the Broncos are going to beat the Colts, Pats, and whoever else in the playoffs, and get to the Super Bowl, and actually WIN the Super Bowl with the way they've been playing this season?

Leave a comment:

• AmericanBronc
    replied
    Originally posted by Deltagbear View Post
    Given up??? Do you still believe in Santa? How about the Easter Bunny? How abot a Broncos SuperBowl this year? All three of those are the EXACT same...

Make believe
    Whoa! The Tooth Fairy is too real!

Leave a comment:

• Maharishineo
    replied
    Originally posted by dlewis76 View Post
    I couldn't have said it any better myself. I hate it, but this is the realistic view of how it would be. We would be the whipping boy of the playoffs.
    Naturally, because we won the division we would host a playoff game. We'd be looking at something like this:

1. New England
    2. Indianapolis
    3. Pittsburgh
    4. Denver?
    5. Tennessee
    6. Jacksonville or Cleveland or Baltimore

We'd be matched up against the Titans, and to make the playoffs we'll probably have the beat the Titans. As they say, you have to beat playoff teams if you want to be a playoff team (except the Jets of last year). What I'm saying is if we actually managed to make the playoffs it's not out of the question for us to actually make it to the second round. New England and Indianapolis can't beat us if they're on byes

Granted, the further we get the worse draft pick we get and we can all agree that we're not getting past both New England and Indianapolis (or either). Alls I'm saying is we wouldn't necessarily be dead in the water if we did manage to make the playoffs, not until the second round anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ColRockies_5
    replied
    Hope your kidding...

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

Leave a comment:

• DenverSpark
    replied
    Well hey, we're still 1 game behind

After Denver does some street sweeping to find us some players since everyone's hurt, we can play next week's game in hopes that we tie.

Both San Diego and KC lost today.

Here's to the superbowl with a new team since the start of the season.

Leave a comment:

• dlewis76
    replied
    Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
    I know we have a chance to make the playoffs, but if we're going to play like how we're playing now it's best for us to miss the playoffs. Because we will get crushed in the playoffs with this team, and mess up our high draft pick. We also need some coachs that teach good fundamental football skills. Because week in and out this team can't do the basics!
    I couldn't have said it any better myself. I hate it, but this is the realistic view of how it would be. We would be the whipping boy of the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    getting to the playoffs this year is just a ticket to worsening your draft pick

but someone's got to represent the afc west, those are the rules lol

Leave a comment:

• rbk_bronco
    replied
    Well if we fans think we can beat anyone in the playoffs right now were in for a big surprise, we have had to much happen over the last year, deaths to 2 big players, lost 2 big players on defense with Wilson and Brandon, we brought too many new people in this year, and injuries are killing us. We expected too much out of this team. Unless something huge happens were done.

Leave a comment:

• DavisMVP
    replied
    playoffs

I know we have a chance to make the playoffs, but if we're going to play like how we're playing now it's best for us to miss the playoffs. Because we will get crushed in the playoffs with this team, and mess up our high draft pick. We also need some coachs that teach good fundamental football skills. Because week in and out this team can't do the basics!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yeah... we sure caught a break with the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers loosing also.. We need to get with it if we want a chance to do anything positive this year..

All I have to was about the game today is..

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Hyde
    replied
    I was ready to give up!!!

I swear . . . I had finally gotten to the point that I could say the season was over. I was sitting there looking at 44-7 ready to say "next year". And then I see the Chiefs, the Chargers, and the Raiders all lost so this huge embarrassing failure didn't change conference standings at all . . . and maybe we can still make it to the post-season.

Could someone please talk some sense into me? I know I'm headed for heartache . . . but I just can't give up when we're only down by 1 game.

I seriously can't take this flip-flopping . . . first there are the last minute field goal wins. . . then some bad losses, but before I can completely lose hope, there's the Pittsburgh win. Then a heartbreaking OT loss that starts to convince me we're not that bad . . . now this week.

Please, Broncos, make up your mind . . . either win, or lose, but either way I need some consistency here!

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    It's unrealistic to expect the Broncos to go 8-8. I suppose you can always hope, but for what purpose?

It's hard not to root for them to win because I certainly can't root for them to lose. There is no logical reason to believe that they will make the playoffs. I doubt the Chargers are as bad as their record would indicate. The talent they have is almost undoubtedly too much for the Broncos to overcome. There's no reason to believe that the Broncos can beat the Chargers in San Diego. Given the Broncos horrendous run defense, it can be expected that they will lose two games to the Chiefs as well. The game in Chokeland isn't going to be a gimme either. There are no games remaining on the Broncos' schedule in which they would be the clear favorites. They are all very losable games. I think 6-10 is about the best they can hope for.

The biggest problem for the Broncos is a lack of top tier talent. part of the reason for that is Shanahan looking for players that fit a system rather than looking for the best talent available. The other part of that is not being in position to select from the top of the cream of the crop among the college talent in the draft.

While they would benefit from losing out, it's unrealistic to believe that they will just simply pack it in and lose in order to gain position for the draft. Unfortunately, they are probably bad enough that they will end up with a top ten pick even if they do keep trying to win.

Leave a comment:

• troylightfoot
    replied
    teetering on being the worst? no this is the worst by FAR.

Leave a comment:

• evolaerok
    replied
    Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
    I never said you should stop posting, I save that for the trolls. You did however post that you've given up, and so should I.

Give up as a fan you mean? Would it help?

Do I believe that we can do anything in the playoffs, if we make it? Well, um, YES! 8 weeks is a LONG time in the nfl, right?

Teams get hot, teams go cold. Any given Sunday, yada yada yada.

As long as we still have a chance, I will not give up hope. Period.

I wish I was as optimistic as you are.

Leave a comment:

• cadencesdad
    replied
    Originally posted by evolaerok View Post
    "Give up" as in this year has become a lost cause. Not "give up" and root for another team "give up". If they do make the playoffs through some crazy act of god, do you really, truly believe they will do anything? Don't tell me to stop posting here just because I'm a realist. Rebuilding seasons, losing seasons, these kind of things happen to a team. Luckily there are still some of us who know this.
    I never said you should stop posting, I save that for the trolls. You did however post that you've given up, and so should I.

Give up as a fan you mean? Would it help?

Do I believe that we can do anything in the playoffs, if we make it? Well, um, YES! 8 weeks is a LONG time in the nfl, right?

Teams get hot, teams go cold. Any given Sunday, yada yada yada.

As long as we still have a chance, I will not give up hope. Period.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X