• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Elway Shanahan

Handpicked Players:
    Brian Griese and Jake Plummer
    Cleveland Browns Defensive Line
    O'Neal, Middlebrooks, Foster, Lelie (all 1st round busts in Denver)
    Javon Walker ---- Injury Prone
    Travis Henry ---- Drug Problems
    Todd Sauerbrun ---- Substance Violation
    Kenny Peterson --- Substance Violation
    Dre Bly --- A poor man's Darrent Williams
    *2 Swiss Cheese Defensive Coordinators (Bates and Coyer are interchangable)
    *Mounting Embarrassing Losses at home (Past 2 vs. SD, any game vs. Indy, Steelers playoff game) ---- I don't mind losing, but being mopped the floor with is too much
    *Undersized offensive line is getting pushed around
    *Defensive Line gets pushed around
    *1 Playoff win
    *This Year he squeaked by Buffalo and Oakland. Pitt almost came back to win.

Point: You Can Only Live On Past Glories For So Long. Time for a Change. Feel Free to Add or Amend

Blah blah blah. I would take it to pieces but to be honest my tutework is far more important right now.

I love it how you put in the all-important Kenny Peterson by the way. Because he has such a bearing and influence on this team. Yep. I really hate it how we've lost 0-16 in every season since '98, don't you?
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

1 good season to the AFC championship game in which ends with a loss at Invesco field.

6 underachieving seasons. 2 embarrassing blowout losses.

I've never been a math genius, but that doesn't seem like a very good ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
        1 good season to the AFC championship game in which ends with a loss at Invesco field.

6 underachieving seasons.

I've never been a math genius, but that doesn't seem like a very good ration.
        You want me to post all the stats tht shows Shanahan in comparison to all the other coaches in NFL history that have lost a Franchise QB again?

Comment

Brits should only worry about Cricket. It is the only thing they are seemingly halfway decent at.

Comment

Some people are so blinded by the Shanny sunshine that they just cant find any faults with him....What a joke! How can anyone be happy with the past 7 years? I'm not and I expected more from our Broncos this year...

Why should we be all happy and hug it out? The fans deserve better than this. At least the Chiefs had the nads to fire their head coach when it was obvious he wasnt going to get them to the SB!
            If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              You want me to post all the stats tht shows Shanahan in comparison to all the other coaches in NFL history that have lost a Franchise QB again?
              Please do.

And then post how many of those organizations keep those same coaches around for 9 years even though he continues to fail with on field results.

Better yet, how many years does it take all those coaches to find their next franchise QB?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterGuinness View Post
                Brits should only worry about Cricket. It is the only thing they are seemingly halfway decent at.
                The Brits are hopeless at cricket! If you want to see good cricket played, watch us over the past 10 years.

However, just because he isn't American doesn't mean he cannot have an opinion and know what is going on. Stupid comment.
                sigpic

Comment

and honestly who friggen cares about those coaches or those teams? I care about the Broncos here and now...Dont show me your finger painted #'s and figures, show me results...show me another SB!
                  If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by MisterGuinness View Post
                    ...which proves that you know absolutely nothing about British sport don't turn this into a petty country slinging match, I have no time for that.

Shanny is not the problem. He's definitely not perfect, but who is? I think his future definitely is here. It's a perfect case of the grass being greener on the other side. Is it really? Because you guys should really be thankful...we could do much worse.

I'm not denying that we're in the s***. There are just too many reasons and I think that almost everyone in the organisation deserves to shoulder some of it. However, we can turn this around. We will turn this around.
                    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

you all cant get upset i mean pretty much everyone has been hurt except fergy.

sooooooo GO BRONCOS!!!!

post elway shanahan is gonna get alot better this offseason dont you worry people.

Comment

But again, what are you proving?

A Hall of Fame QB makes a coach better?

That's obvious, ravage, and a fact virtually no one will disagree with.

But if you look at the coaches who have won a Super Bowl without a Hall-of-Fame QB - Gibbs, Billick, Gruden, Parcells, Flores, Cowher - we know it can be done.

We always claimed that our starting QBs have lived in the shadow of #7 since his retirement. The same can easily be said about Shanahan.

The fact is, we know as a head coach without a HOF QB, Shanahan has only four playoff appearances, one playoff victory, and one divisional title. That's with 10 seasons of coaching, including his stint in Oakland. And his winning percentage? .557.

In a division like the AFC West (which has lacked a dominant, consistent team in 9 seasons), that's not getting it done, especially for an organization that has the 'Super Bowl or Bust' mentality the Broncos have.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                          Please do.

And then post how many of those organizations keep those same coaches around for 9 years even though he continues to fail with on field results.

Better yet, how many years does it take all those coaches to find their next franchise QB?
                          sure.. But I think we've found our franchise QB.

Comment

shanny is a great coach. And for those who want him fired... who would be a better coach then him? there isnt a coach that will be available that would improve the broncos more than shanny will.
                            sigpic
                            "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

sure.. But I think we've found our franchise QB.
                              That, I do agree with.

Now we just need to see some resutls on the field over the course of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X