Why is Shanahan to blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Shanahan to blame?

A lot of people on here are calling for coach Shanahan’s head after the 3-5 start to the season, saying he has lost his ability to coach the Broncos or for whatever other reason they have. My question is how does a two time Super Bowl winning head coach just “forget” how to coach a team? I don’t see how that is possible. Was it his coaching decisions in the offseason? I can see how new position coaches that come in and don’t coach the players well enough and the players not playing to their full potential can cause a team to falter, but I don’t think a proven head coach could be the problem. Though I've been wrong before. I don’t want to start an argument or anything here and I’m certainly not bashing Shanahan, I’m just asking a legit question because I'm confused as to why Shanahan is to blame for Denver’s slump.

Shanahan needs to go so we don't botch our top ten draft pick

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Most people can't and will never attempt to try spread the blame around because it's not conducive and easy enough for them to do. Saying, "Fire Shanahan." is a lot easier than having a thoughtful, in-depth post on what you think we should do to better the team.

People won't take the time or the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSyxxSynse View Post
        A lot of people on here are calling for coach Shanahan’s head after the 3-5 start to the season, saying he has lost his ability to coach the Broncos or for whatever other reason they have. My question is how does a two time Super Bowl winning head coach just “forget” how to coach a team? I don’t see how that is possible. Was it his coaching decisions in the offseason? I can see how new position coaches that come in and don’t coach the players well enough and the players not playing to their full potential can cause a team to falter, but I don’t think a proven head coach could be the problem. Though I've been wrong before. I don’t want to start an argument or anything here and I’m certainly not bashing Shanahan, I’m just asking a legit question because I'm confused as to why Shanahan is to blame for Denver’s slump.
        Because he is the Head coach. He is the man in charge of the team. He is responsable for performance.

Comment

but what do I know

WELL being in the position he is, I'm assuming he is *part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
            Most people can't and will never attempt to try spread the blame around because it's not conducive and easy enough for them to do. Saying, "Fire Shanahan." is a lot easier than having a thoughtful, in-depth post on what you think we should do to better the team.

People won't take the time or the effort.
            There is no need for this over analysis.

Everything begins and ends with Shanahan. He is the end of the line. He makes all personnel decisions, which is the root of why everything has gone to Hell. He has been able to escape his poor personnel moves by luck, IMO, more than anything, but it is catching up with him, as it always does.

The team is a disaster, and there is no reason to ask why, we already know the answer...poor personnel moves for the last several years. When a draft pick fails, you then have to over spend in Free Agency for sub-standard players, which in turn causes salary cap problems, all of which we have had consistently over the last several years.

Ever ask yourself why New England can pick and sign who they want, such as Adalius Thomas and trade for Randy Moss? It's because they hit on their Draft picks on a very high level, so they can manage their cap and still target premier players.

Yet here in Denvder, it's always the same thing...

"Awww, we don't have enough cap space, etc, etc, etc.."

Bottom line: this team has been horribly mis-managed for some time now, and how Shanahan has been able to mask it has been anyones guess. But he hasn't been able to do it with mirrors in the Playoffs, has he?

No, in the cold light of day, we have not been that good for some time now.

I don't remember Indy pounding anyone else 45-24 or 45-17 or whatever in the Playoffs, just us...

BTW, at a half a year in, how is your boy Tim Crowder doing in your opinion?

My numbers tell me he is living up to his MO, which is as it has always been, not much on game day.
            Last edited by MindField; 11-04-2007, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shafer View Post
              Because he is the Head coach. He is the man in charge of the team. He is responsable for performance.
              I didnt see him in pads this week, complete a pass or make a block.

A player is responsible for their own performance. Its the coaches job to yank players for not performing. However, when your starting:
              QB
              RB
              WR
              DT
              C
              RT
              are injured or out for the year (am I missing some?)...
              it makes things a little more challenging to find players that can perform.

Though Ramsey did a great job today, had decent numbers. 29/46 for 262 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

The offense today had 4 Turnovers. If Shanny took out everyone who wasnt performing right now, there would be no one left...
              sigpic
              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
              -Sean Payton

Comment

I think Mike either has to be a coach or a GM but not both,I think he should just focus on one job,to me it does not seem like he is motivating the players.

Comment

It is not all Shanahan's fault.. I think he is a Wonderful Coach!

I think that it is partially his fault for keeping some of the cordinators he has on the sideline

There are so many things that have a hand in the losses..Injuries, new Defense, turnovers and mistakes.. and I could go on and on..

It is not all Shanahan at all...but sadly he will get most if not all of the blame

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                    I didnt see him in pads this week, complete a pass or make a block.

A player is responsible for their own performance. Its the coaches job to yank players for not performing. However, when your starting:
                    QB
                    RB
                    WR
                    DT
                    C
                    RT
                    are injured or out for the year (am I missing some?)...
                    it makes things a little more challenging to find players that can perform.

Though Ramsey did a great job today, had decent numbers. 29/46 for 262 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

The offense today had 4 Turnovers. If Shanny took out everyone who wasnt performing right now, there would be no one left...
                    so by your logic the team shares all responsabilities. so there is no need for a head coach, only coordinators and GM's

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post

I think that it is partially his fault for keeping some of the cordinators he has on the sideline

There are so many things that have a hand in the losses..Injuries, new Defense, turnovers and mistakes.. and I could go on and on..

It is not all Shanahan at all...but sadly he will get most if not all of the blame
                      So what is Shanahan, a puppet? Now the Coordinators make all of the gametime decisions?

If that is so, how can Shanahan be considered a "Wonderful Coach"...after all, his Coordinators are running things according to you.

..and BTW, who picked those Coordinators, anyway??

In the case of the Defense, we are talking about the third D-Coordinator in the last five years.

Why can't he find one that can get the job done???

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                        So what is Shanahan, a puppet? Now the Coordinators make all of the gametime decisions?

If that is so, how can Shanahan be considered a "Wonderful Coach"...after all, his Coordinators are running things according to you.

..and BTW, who picked those Coordinators, anyway??

In the case of the Defense, we are talking about the third D-Coordinator in the last five years.

Why can't he find one that can get the job done???
                        I guess no one can evaluate talent and coaches as well as you can. Its hard to compete when trying to match wits with someone that has such an obvious superior knowledge of the NFL and the NFL coaches as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post

im not blamin shanny just yet but how many coordinators have we gone through and who was picking those players in the draft.

we draft people and then get rid of them, hixon . . .detroits punter during the game they said we blew a 4th rounder on that guy and he didnt even make it out of TC. that is just pathetic
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

"Why is Shanahan to blame?"

Because it's an easy answer.....

Comment

Originally posted by shafer View Post
                              so by your logic the team shares all responsabilities. so there is no need for a head coach, only coordinators and GM's
                              Actually, I guess I should ask these questions:

Your QB get injured. Who do you bring in?
                              Patrick Ramsey. He does decent today, putting up stats like Cutler.

Your WR get injured in week 3. What do you do?
                              Bring up players from practice squad, move Marshall to #1, Stokley to #2, activate Scheffler and use Graham more in passing situations. Give Cutler more passing options.

Your Center has a season ending injury. What do you do?
                              Move everyone over one spot, so Myers is now the center and Kuper the Guard.

Your RB gets injured, first with an ankle injury, then a rib injury. What do you do?
                              Start him when you can, otherwise use Selvin Young, an undrafted free agent.

Of all these decisions made this year with regards to injuries...which ones would you change and why? Granted, you also have the gift of hindsight on your side...

(I'm only talking offense here...) Bob Slowik and Bates are in charge of defensive scheme and players.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                              -Sean Payton

Comment

Working...
                              X