No announcement yet.

Why is Shanahan to blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler was sacked for a safety(ironically) by Gerrard Warren of the Raiders when we played them in week 2
    sigpic
    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Comment

• I'm telling you, shanny is at home right now in high heals talking to his Grandma on a disconnected phone.

Comment

• He may be responsible, but...

Shannahan will be the first to accept responsibility for the failures of the team. He also refuses credit for our successes. He may be to blame, but I wouldn't want anyone else in his position. He could not predict the losses of Ekuban, Javon Walker, our entire offensive line, and so many others. If he had been able to predict the loss of Al Wilson, he probably would have found another leadership guy at middle linebacker. This team is one or two key players away from being very competitive. If Brandon Marshall spends his off season studying film on guys like Rice and Art Monk, he could build himself into one of the best receivers all time. Shannahan will find free agents to fill out our offensive line. I hope he looks at Jo-Lonn Dunbar in his quest to find a defensive field general. Things will turn around. Our future is here. We need to be patient. Unfortunately, this season belongs to New England. Next year may be ours.
        vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

• Originally posted by shafer View Post
          I'm telling you, shanny is at home right now in high heals talking to his Grandma on a disconnected phone.
          what in world does that mean?never heard that one before.i blame shanny for missing on sooo many draft picks.i know not all of the draft are going to make the team,but m. clarrett a. lelie just to name a couple right off hand.also the deals with s. rice d. gardner and most of the cleveland browns d-line plus coach.we could have been building this defence into at least a better than average defence.i like mike alot just need to see a better job of drafting please!!
          elway going to save the broncos again.yes!

Comment

• Shanny is in a very transitional phase with this Denver team, Tons of Injuries. A lot of new players, new coaches. Some of you seem to think it should have worked out perfectly. We are one year removed from the AFC Championship game. Last year did not cut it so he made a lot of changes to the core of this team. It might take a year for the team too gel and him to get the correct pieces in to position. If the 2008 season doesn't make it to the playoffs then I'm worried.

I have to agree with Ravage. Certain peoples biased opinion ( or as they call them facts) just don't make any rational sense.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
              Cutler was sacked for a safety(ironically) by Gerrard Warren of the Raiders when we played them in week 2

Is that what XxRoguexX is refering to? ....Classic!

Okay! Let's humor XxRoguexX and blame a sack all on the QB. :thumb:

....But what about all of Cutlers red zone turnovers? Can someone refresh my memory on those?

Comment

• Its not Shannahan's fault

I agree that it is not Mike Shannahan's fault, although his inability to motivate the team is clearly not helping. The real problem lies with the current group of players who are not delivering a good enough performance. Our QBs are also weak and inexperienced.

I recently flew from England to watch the Broncos play the Detroit Lions, and was ashamed to be a Broncos fan in front of their dismally poor performance. Our defence was weak and left massive gaps for the Lions to walk through and attack our QB. My real criticism, however, is with our offence: it seems to me that they only need do two things - find open space and catch the ball. Regrettably, our guys were incapable of doing either.

If anyone is in touch with Mike Shannahan, please tell him that I have spoken with my 70-year old mother and she can be available this weekend if it helps. She will certainly play better than the regular team did in Detroit!

Comment

Working...
                X