Your the GM now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your the GM now

Poof!!!!! Your new GM of the broncos. Tell me who do you keep, who do you let go? Where do you start? Any takers?

honestly i would trade some of our older players for either draft picks or younger not as experenced talent.

in all truthfulness i would trade champ, he is in the prime of his career and would make any good defense instantly better. the thing is he is a CB and just can not affect the game as much as many bronco fans think he can without the players around him. maybe we could get a first rounder or a DT or a good young RB from somewhere.

get rid of gold lynch and fergy. we need to get younger. and i would also try to start a new philosophy with the oline
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
      honestly i would trade some of our older players for either draft picks or younger not as experenced talent.

in all truthfulness i would trade champ, he is in the prime of his career and would make any good defense instantly better. the thing is he is a CB and just can not affect the game as much as many bronco fans think he can without the players around him. maybe we could get a first rounder or a DT or a good young RB from somewhere.

get rid of gold lynch and fergy. we need to get younger. and i would also try to start a new philosophy with the oline
      So you want to have another 'building' year again next season with all new players?

And you trade away your best player on the team?

Comment

I would get our o-line and d-line bigger, mainly in the middle for the d-line. Get rid of Gold find someone in the draft to take his spot. Draft one safety for Ferguson's spot, and let Abdullah take Lynch's spot. Sign Foxworth to a big deal so he can take Bly's spot when Bly starts to decline. That's proablly the main things I would do but I would need more time to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          So you want to have another 'building' year again next season with all new players?

And you trade away your best player on the team?
          well right now i would, what is champ doing out there for us. i know it doesnt make sense but a CB is only as good as the team around him and can only cover 1 guy at a time, is never in the middle of the action. i would gladly trade a Pro Bowl CB for a Pro Bowl DT.

it is my opinion and i am entitled to it because so far what have our amazing CBs done so far to help us win games other than an int or 2 from Bly.

we are ultimatley headed into another rebuilding year anyway. lynch is near his end same as fergy, nalen, smith is probably gone for good, henry will be as well, we still dont know the status of javons knee or hamiltons concussion. all in all we are probably gonna have another bad year next year. get what we need now and keep players around that make an impact for you, something we havent done for a long time and is catching up with us.

a team should reward its impact players not say "thanks for the memories and good luck in (insert city here)"

we need to stop bringing in old players. adopt a similar philosophy to that of the eagles, they dont sign anybody over 30 i think.

of course we need to sign a few FA that will make a big impact but we also need to draft better. and stop with the concentration drafts. draft around the team and dont only get players that have potential at there positions but players that can play special team and contibute in other ways.
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

The rest of the season:

Convince egomaniac Mike Shanahan to throw the rest of his games, hoping to get a top 3 pick.

Also relieve Mike Shanahan of any personnel/GM decision duties.

Following the 2007-2008 Season:

Cut Rod Smith.

Cut Jason Elam.

Cut Lepsis, Nalen, Hamilton. (When/if they come back from injury and/or don't retire...)

Trade Travis Henry for 7th Rd. pick. (Or for cash, anything, just get rid of his salary.)

Cut Ian Gold.

Cut John Engelberger.

Cut Sam Adams.

Cut Burton, Gordon, McKinley and any other D tackles taking up as much as $1 in salary cap.

Do whatever we can to get two first round picks (future 1st and 3rd, this years 2nd and next years 1st? anything...)

With one of them (hopefully top 3) draft Darren McFadden.

With the other (hopefully top 12-13), Reggie Smith or Kenny Phillips.

Draft a 2nd Rd. D Tackle to pair with Thomas.

Draft a 3rd Rd. MLB - whoever is most ready to play.

Draft a DB athlete ala Eric Weddle or Dawan Landry.

Forget overpriced Free-Agency - especially anyone older than 28.

At the start of next season:

Move DJ Williams to weak-side LB.

Stick Nate Webster on special teams.

Start Tim Crowder, Marcus Thomas, 2nd Rd. DT, Jarvis Moss/Elvis Dumervil.

Start Reggie Smith/Kenny Phillips at FS.

Move John Lynch to SS.

Let McFadden/Smith return kicks.

Hope to win 6 games.

Following the 2008-2009 Season.

Convince John Lynch to retire.

Move Champ Bailey to Free Safety ala Rod Woodson.

During the 2009-2010 season:

Mandate that #30 Davis, #7 Elway, and #16 Plummer jerseys are no longer allowed in Invesco field, unless they are true throwbacks.

Stop living in the past, go 12-4, win the division, and win GM of the year for my g oddam efforts.

That is all.

Comment

Nothing right now. Trade deadline is passed.

I would prepare for the draft and wait for everyone to get healthy. Then I would try to replace our OLB with either someone from the draft, FA, or get a MLB and move DJ to one of the two spots.

First thing though I would try to get new DTs. Then LBs, then RB, then safety.

Comment

Prob: Fire Heimey

Comment

Originally posted by BuffsBroncos View Post
                  The rest of the season:

Convince egomaniac Mike Shanahan to throw the rest of his games, hoping to get a top 3 pick.

Cut Rod Smith.

Cut Jason Elam.

Cut Lepsis, Nalen, Hamilton. (When/if they come back from injury and/or don't retire...)

Trade Travis Henry for 7th Rd. pick. (Or for cash, anything, just get rid of his salary.)

Cut Ian Gold.

Cut John Engelberger.

Cut Sam Adams.

Cut Burton, Gordon, McKinley and any other D tackles taking up as much as $1 in salary cap.

Do whatever we can to get two first round picks (future 1st and 3rd, this years 2nd and next years 1st? anything...)

Move John Lynch to SS.

Hope to win 6 games.

Mandate that #30 Davis, #7 Elway, and #16 Plummer jerseys are no longer allowed in Invesco field, unless they are true throwbacks.

Stop living in the past, go 12-4, win the division, and win GM of the year for my g oddam efforts.

That is all.
                  wow

except we still wouldnt have a kicker!
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                    I agree. I think an honest attempt to rebuild makes sense while Cutler is still a kid. Let the team grow together.

in all truthfulness i would trade champ, he is in the prime of his career and would make any good defense instantly better. the thing is he is a CB and just can not affect the game as much as many bronco fans think he can without the players around him.
                    Well said. Yes, he may be our best player... but right now his trade value may be more valuable to the team than his production on the field. His name value is huge after last season, but I seriously doubt he will repeat that level of performance.

Comment

The rest of the season:

Cut Rod Smith.

Cut Jason Elam.

Cut Ian Gold.

Cut John Engelberger.

Cut Sam Adams.

Move John Lynch to SS.

Hope to win 6 games.

That is all.
                      Better yet, why don't we cut all these guys:

21 Abdullah, Hamza DB 6'2" 216 8/20/1983 3 Washington State
                      95 Adams, Sam DT 6'3" 350 6/13/1973 14 Texas A&M
                      69 Alexander, P.J. T 6'4" 297 12/23/1978 5 Syracuse
                      24 Bailey, Champ CB 6'0" 192 6/22/1978 9 Georgia
                      57 Beck, Jordan LB 6'2" 233 4/18/1983 2 Cal Poly-S.L.O.
                      30 Bell, Mike RB 6'0" 225 4/23/1983 2 Arizona
                      32 Bly, Dre' CB 5'10" 188 5/22/1977 9 North Carolina
                      93 Burton, Antwon DT 6'2" 325 7/11/1983 2 Temple
                      38 Cargile, Steve DB 6'2" 210 6/2/1982 3 Columbia
                      86 Clark, Brian WR 6'2" 204 12/26/1983 2 North Carolina State
                      40 Cox, Curome DB 6'1" 204 2/28/1981 3 Maryland
                      96 Crowder, Tim DE 6'4" 275 6/30/1985 0 Texas
                      6 Cutler, Jay QB 6'3" 233 4/29/1983 2 Vanderbilt
                      92 Dumervil, Elvis DE 5'11" 260 1/19/1984 2 Louisville
                      1 Elam, Jason K 5'11" 195 3/8/1970 15 Hawaii
                      60 Engelberger, John DE 6'4" 260 10/18/1976 8 Virginia Tech
                      25 Ferguson, Nick SS 5'11" 201 11/27/1974 8 Georgia Tech
                      22 Foxworth, Domonique DB 5'11" 180 3/27/1983 3 Maryland
                      52 Gold, Ian OLB 6'0" 223 8/23/1978 8 Michigan
                      63 Gordon, Amon DT 6'2" 312 10/13/1981 3 Stanford
                      89 Graham, Daniel TE 6'3" 257 11/16/1978 6 Colorado
                      53 Green, Louis LB 6'3" 237 9/23/1979 4 Alcorn State
                      23 Hall, Andre RB 5'8" 212 8/20/1982 1 South Florida
                      74 Harris, Ryan OT 6'5" 300 3/11/1985 0 Notre Dame
                      20 Henry, Travis RB 5'9" 230 10/29/1978 7 Tennessee
                      70 Holland, Montrae G 6'2" 322 5/21/1980 5 Florida State
                      73 Kuper, Chris G 6'4" 302 12/19/1982 2 North Dakota
                      83 Leach, Mike LS 6'2" 240 10/18/1976 8 William & Mary
                      78 Lepsis, Matt T 6'4" 290 1/13/1974 11 Colorado
                      47 Lynch, John FS 6'2" 220 9/25/1971 15 Stanford
                      15 Marshall, Brandon WR 6'4" 230 3/23/1984 2 Central Florida
                      17 Martinez, Glenn WR 6'2" 182 11/30/1981 1 Saginaw Valley State
                      99 McKinley, Alvin DT 6'3" 294 6/9/1978 8 Mississippi State
                      94 Moss, Jarvis DE 6'6" 265 8/3/1984 0 Florida
                      85 Mustard, Chad TE 6'6" 277 10/8/1977 4 North Dakota
                      62 Myers, Chris G 6'4" 295 9/15/1981 3 Miami (Fla.)
                      41 Paymah, Karl DB 6'0" 195 11/29/1982 3 Washington State
                      64 Pears, Erik T 6'8" 305 6/25/1982 2 Colorado State
                      11 Ramsey, Patrick QB 6'2" 225 2/14/1979 6 Tulane
                      97 Rice, Simeon DE 6'5" 268 2/24/1974 12 Illinois
                      37 Sapp, Cecil FB 5'11" 229 12/23/1978 5 Colorado State
                      10 Sauerbrun, Todd P 5'10" 215 1/4/1973 13 West Virginia
                      88 Scheffler, Tony TE 6'5" 250 2/15/1983 2 Western Michigan
                      28 Shoate, Jeff DB 5'10" 180 3/23/1981 3 San Diego State
                      26 Smith, Paul RB 5'11" 242 1/31/1978 8 Texas-El Paso
                      72 Snell, Isaac DT 6'6" 288 11/4/1981 1 North Dakota State
                      14 Stokley, Brandon WR 5'11" 192 6/23/1976 9 Louisiana-Lafayette
                      79 Thomas, Marcus DT 6'3" 315 9/23/1985 0 Florida
                      84 Walker, Javon WR 6'3" 215 10/14/1978 6 Florida State
                      58 Webster, Nate OLB 6'0" 232 11/29/1977 8 Miami (Fla.)
                      55 Williams, D.J. MLB 6'1" 242 7/20/1982 4 Miami (Fla.)
                      51 Winborn, Jamie LB 5'11" 242 5/14/1979 7 Vanderbilt
                      35 Young, Selvin RB 5'11" 207 10/1/1983 0 Texas

Comment

I would just curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep.....

Comment

*Keep Shanahan regardless of the bad run we're going through right now...He is the best coach in the NFL and letting him go would be a huuuuuge mistake on Denvers part.

*Our offense just can't seem to score...I don't know what it is,i think we need a major overhaul of our offensive line,without Nalen and Hamilton,we seem lost,and our running game stinks because of them.

*On Defense: Where do i begin?...Look i was willing to let Jim Bates system take time...I was willing to let the Bronco defense "adjust" to whatever system it is that man is running...But it's become quite clear that this guy just doesn't know what he's doing!People may argue that he had succesful defenses in Greenbay and Miami,but i just see this guy as the problem...I'm getting sick of getting pounded on by mediocre backs,and QB's throwing all over our "Star Studded" secondary...Jim Bates has got to go.

*Our defensive line is average,the only good thing about that line is the rookies and Dummervil...Sam Adams can stay,but only as backup...Engelberger,Rice,McKinley need to go!

*Our linebackers are awful.DJ needs to go back to the strong side.Ian Gold,though im a fan isn't playing as well as he should be.We need to take a MLB in the first round of this years draft,if not,i hear Jonathan Vilma is available.Get him at all costs.

*Our secondary is good.But our safeties are really letting us down.Nick Ferguson is average,and John Lynch isn't at his best lately...Bring in Abdullah for Ferguson and draft a Safety to takeover from Lynch.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Warhawk View Post
                            Well said. Yes, he may be our best player... but right now his trade value may be more valuable to the team than his production on the field. His name value is huge after last season, but I seriously doubt he will repeat that level of performance.
                            its really sad but he is doing us no good, at least let him play for a good team because you can definalty tell he is frustrated as hell. he will never replicate last year, never.

he simply can not have as big of an impact on the game as say a good DT, or LB or even a safety, so unless we move him to safety and bulk him up, he does us no good. teams dont even have to worry about him because all they do is run it, and once they run it on us champ and the rest of our DBs play the run and get burnt anyways.
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

The rest of the season:

Cut Rod Smith.

Cut Jason Elam.

Cut Ian Gold.

Cut John Engelberger.

Cut Sam Adams.

Move John Lynch to SS.

Hope to win 6 games.

That is all.
                              Wow...Talk about a lack of management skills.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X