Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Play-Calling / Shanny Cause Cutler's Injury? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Play-Calling / Shanny Cause Cutler's Injury? (Merged)

I'm not blaming Shanahan on Cutler's injury because injuries are just part of football and can occur at any moment, but you have to face it, the defense knew exactly what to do, at least I did.

On 1st down we had a 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB set, since it is Shanahan coaching you know it had to be a run at the time, and it was.

2nd down, the running attempt failed, the running game has been doing nothing special, it is definately a pass, it is so obvious. Cutler is not in the shotgun formation, where he would be most effective, so if the DT can make a penetration move then he can blow up the backfield. The play was so obvious that the DT didn't have to guess, he knew exactly where and how he wanted to get to the QB, and therefore the play got broken up and Cutler was slammed. Now he may be out for the season.

This bogus play calling is really starting to tick me off. I stated it before but I think Shanahan definately let Ramsey do a lot more passing-wise compared to the small leash he has on Cutler. Guess what? The more agressive play calling actually worked until receivers repeatedly dropped the ball or Ramsey had his rookie-type turnovers.

We could be so much more effective if we just let Cutler do what he is capable of.

I know that the struggling defense is a major reason for the strict calls on offense, but if we keep the offense on the field while racking up big plays, it would eventually have to lead to points and take pressure of the D.
    Go Selvin!
    Shake and Bake All Day Long!

sigpic

did you watch the replay? It honestly, was just a fluke. Cutler was getting sacked, but he was actually on his back with his legs in the air when the two players hit his legs oddly.

Comment

Conspiracy!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        did you watch the replay? It honestly, was just a fluke. Cutler was getting sacked, but he was actually on his back with his legs in the air when the two players hit his legs oddly.
        But the sack was the cause of him being on his back and therefore getting his leg stuck between 2 defenders.
        Go Selvin!
        Shake and Bake All Day Long!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dodgehunter13 View Post
          I'm not blaming Shanahan on Cutler's injury because injuries are just part of football and can occur at any moment, but you have to face it, the defense knew exactly what to do, at least I did.

On 1st down we had a 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB set, since it is Shanahan coaching you know it had to be a run at the time, and it was.

2nd down, the running attempt failed, the running game has been doing nothing special, it is definately a pass, it is so obvious. Cutler is not in the shotgun formation, where he would be most effective, so if the DT can make a penetration move then he can blow up the backfield. The play was so obvious that the DT didn't have to guess, he knew exactly where and how he wanted to get to the QB, and therefore the play got broken up and Cutler was slammed. Now he may be out for the season.

This bogus play calling is really starting to tick me off. I stated it before but I think Shanahan definately let Ramsey do a lot more passing-wise compared to the small leash he has on Cutler. Guess what? The more agressive play calling actually worked until receivers repeatedly dropped the ball or Ramsey had his rookie-type turnovers.

We could be so much more effective if we just let Cutler do what he is capable of.

I know that the struggling defense is a major reason for the strict calls on offense, but if we keep the offense on the field while racking up big plays, it would eventually have to lead to points and take pressure of the D.
          While I agree that Shanahan's play calling the last 15 or so games (dating back to last season) has taken a serious step back, I don't think you can blame this on him.

Overall though, I do think Shanny has lost his touch when it comes to play calling. He has become extremely predictable, but at times tries to be unpredictable by calling stupid plays. I think it's time for him to hand the play calling duties on to someone else. Few head coaches in the NFL call their own plays, and I actually think it is a disadvantage.

Let's all just pray that Jay is OK.
          sigpic

Check out my clothing company: Dayzend Apparel
          www.dayzend.net

Comment

Originally posted by dodgehunter13 View Post
            But the sack was the cause of him being on his back and therefore getting his leg stuck between 2 defenders.
            I'm just betting that if I was sitting next to you, and you had to guess what play was called at what time... you would miss more than you got right. I know it sometimes 'seems' like its predictable... but its not. Plus guessing 'pass or run' is really the VERY VERY simple part of the game. Even if I closed My eyes and guessed, I would get 50% of them right.

Comment

I'm just betting that if I was sitting next to you, and you had to guess what play was called at what time... you would miss more than you got right. I know it sometimes 'seems' like its predictable... but its not. Plus guessing 'pass or run' is really the VERY VERY simple part of the game. Even if I closed My eyes and guessed, I would get 50% of them right.
              On 2nd and long it isn't a 50/50 thing by any stretch of the imagination. It's what you call an "obvious passing down" for a reason.
              Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

"Did Obvious Play-Calling Have Something To Do With Cutler Getting Injured? "

....Of course it did....All the injuries are Shanahan's fault. ....

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                  On 2nd and long it isn't a 50/50 thing by any stretch of the imagination. It's what you call an "obvious passing down" for a reason.
                  Obviously... thats why I said "if I closed my eyes".... hence not knowing the down and yardage.

Comment

Obviously... thats why I said "if I closed my eyes".... hence not knowing the down and yardage.
                    Well that would probably involve plugging your ears too then as I'm pretty sure they announce that stuff on the field.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

I'm no doctor....

....nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

But I'm thinking Chris Myers and Eric Pears getting their ASSSSS handed to 'em didn't help either....But injuries happen all the time....That's football!!!

Blaming Shanahan/Myers/Pears for Cutler's injury is like blaming Lepsis for Terrell Davis' injury....It's stupid!
                      Last edited by stnzed; 11-04-2007, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                        ....But I thinking Chris Myers and Eric Pears getting their ASSSSS handed to 'em didn't help....but injuries happen all the time....That's football!!!

Blaming Shanahan/Myers/Pears for his injury is like blaming Lepsis for Terrell Davis' injury....It's stupid!
                        I REALLY thought that Shaun Rogers being a stud DT and destroying our **** line had a it more to do with it than the playcalling!!!

....I've disliked Lepsis since that day just for that reason- stupid or not

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                          ....nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

But I'm thinking Chris Myers and Eric Pears getting their ASSSSS handed to 'em didn't help either....But injuries happen all the time....That's football!!!

Blaming Shanahan/Myers/Pears for Cutler's injury is like blaming Lepsis for Terrell Davis' injury....It's stupid!
                          Besides, we all know that TD's injury was Griese's fault.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Football is a contact sport. Injuries happen.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                              Besides, we all know that TD's injury was Griese's fault.

That's right! Any injury that happened before Plummer was benched is blamed on anyone other than Plummer himself.

Any injury after Plummers benching is all Shanahan's fault.... Mojo needs to set some guidelines for the record...

Comment

Working...
                              X