Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Bronco fan honestly see this coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
    I had them going 12-4 this season. I can't believe they're this awful. Shanny has had (9) years to rebuild this team... he hasn't. He better be thankful that there isn't a top notch coach out there looking for a job.
    Well.. if you were expecting a 12-4 season.. I think you had some pretty high expectations.

You can't have a first year staring QB, and have almost every position on the team have a new person on it, and expect a winning season.

Doesn't mean things are THIS bad normally... but when its compounded with injuries and then low moral.......

Comment

After watching the pre-season I knew the Broncos defense might be shaky but the offense would overcome any deficiencies. At the start of the season our wide receivers were Javon Walker, Brandon Stokley, Brandon Marshall with Rod Smith hoepfully coming back. The running back was Henry who Was running really well. Don't forget that Henry was the NFL's best rusher through week Four.

We won the first game on the last play of the game. We won the second game against the Raiders, things would get better. Then the bottom fell out for some unknown reason against Jacksonville. Then the injuries started on the offense.

That's what's intersting. The team started falling apart before the injuries. Now looking back on offense you can see a trend. Week 3 Henry gets 35 yards rushing after amasing 260+ yards in the first two games. Week 5 Henry gets 65 yards rushing. Week 7 Henry gets 51 yards. The Broncos can't run the ball. Either this has something to do with the offensive line, or Mike Shanahan Knew that Henry was about to suspended and shifted his game plan away from the run. Henry's failed test was in September, and the press didn't get wind of it until October, but I bet Shanahann already knew.

Comment

I honestly thought we'd might be right around 10 wins. With the open playbook we were promised, Cutler's continued development, Marshall, Walker, and Stokely giving us receiving threats galore, Henry as the every down back we've been looking for, and Dre Bly giving us another "shutdown corner" opposite Champ it looked like we were building something special this year even after the heartache of the offseason. I thought we'd maybe struggle against the run a bit since we didn't have much of a Dline, but I figured the offense, and pass D would make up for it.

I certainly didn't think we'd be as embarrassing as we've been this year. I just moved out of the Bronco television area and was bummed about it (even considered getting NFL network so I could watch the games), but now, as I watch the scores scroll by, a part of me is glad I don't have to have my heart ripped out every Sunday.

Comment

I had them going 12-4 this season. I can't believe they're this awful. Shanny has had (9) years to rebuild this team... he hasn't. He better be thankful that there isn't a top notch coach out there looking for a job.
          I predicted 9-7 or 10-6. Still mathematically within reach, but not with the injuries.

3-5 is not awful. It's not good, but it is not awful.

The Rams and the Dolphins are awful.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Coaches?

Did anyone mention Cowher? That would be the guy to bring some attitude to this team.

We leave our legacy, like dust in the sands of time...
            Peace Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared View Post
              I predicted 9-7 or 10-6. Still mathematically within reach, but not with the injuries.

3-5 is not awful. It's not good, but it is not awful.

The Rams and the Dolphins are awful.
              As noted before, without Elams heroics and the spirited play of Jay, the Broncos are sitting at 0-8 as well. This team is not that far off from being that awful. Now with the added injuries, we will be lucky to win another game the rest of the year. Not to mention the fact that the majority of our games are on the road.

Peace Out!!!

Comment

My stance was "Superbowl or Bust"! I could'nt have been more wrong. My only defense is that I hung on Shanahan's every word that "Jay gives us our best chance of winning now"! Man, if Mike was my investment advisor I'd be in a world of hurt!

Comment

I kinda saw this coming. Wayyyy before the season started I had predicted us to go 9-7. Right now I just hope we can end up .500
                  SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

HELL NO I sure didnt! They have one of the EASIEST schedules in the NFL this year, I thought they would go 10-6 at WORST!!!Didnt know they would have their worst defense in team history either though!

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBronco4Life View Post
                      As noted before, without Elams heroics and the spirited play of Jay, the Broncos are sitting at 0-8 as well. This team is not that far off from being that awful. Now with the added injuries, we will be lucky to win another game the rest of the year. Not to mention the fact that the majority of our games are on the road.

Peace Out!!!
                      You could play 'what if' with every team, since by an large, a hanful of plays wins and loses games for team week in and week out.

As it stands, 3-5 is better than 0-8. Having seen the Dolphins play, as bad as you think the Broncos are, trust me, the Dolphins are 1976 Tampa Bucs bad. College JV bad.

The Broncos wins are over a division leader, a team pushing for a wild card, and the Raiders.

They lost relatively close games to Jacksonville and Green Bay. Indy blew them out in the second half, and SD and Detroit were the only truly bad games from start to finish.

Using your statement in reverse: "if not for the heroics of Brett Favre and a timely defensive series by Jacksonville, the Broncos could easily be 5-3 right now."

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

HECK MAN! We made it in the 1977,1987 and 1997 seasons, it is our reserved RIGHT to make it every 10 years right!

Comment

I just feel like if we would have kept Jimmy Kennedy, we'd have had more of a run stopping presence in the middle, and if we would have kept Kyle Johnson, we'd have more chemistry/familiarity on offense.

But even after those bonehead cuts, I felt like we had a legit shot at being an elite team, on paper we looked real good, Lynch Bailey and Bly, in the secondary! DJ in the middle with Ian and Nate on the outside, who else remembers nate webster was bring serious wood in training camp, had a big hit every day with his helmet flying off, lol. I thought the d-line would be decent, at pass rush, especially with the addition of Simeon Rice (the mentor the young guys needed) and thought we couldnt be that bad against the run because we have never really been bad against the run as long as I can remember.

On offense Brandon Marshall and Javon Walker seemd very potent, I didnt like Henry, but when have we ever had a RB that didnt produce in this system? Cutler, makes plays other QB's cant and I was excited to see him over a full season to be honest I did believe 12-4 was very possible, considering the motivation that comes with losing 2 players in one offseason.

But wow are we a long way from that.
                          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by dlbekb93 View Post
                            If it weren't for Jason Elam, we still might be searching for our first win of the year!:doh:
                            Wow. This is pretty sad. So much for Broncos football huh?
                            http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

We could have called this.....

Originally posted by coco View Post
                              I hate to say it but I saw this comming since last season....and my posts prove it. To many fans were wanting to crown our team in the offseason, saying things like "Cutler for ProBowl", "Best Broncos team ever", and "Superbowl run" before one play was run.

Anyone who dare question them was immediatly shot down and torched by all on the boards, blind homerisim at its best.

Its time for MAJOR CHANGES, no staying the corse on this one here. NOTHING has worked, there is zero production on the offense and less on the defense. The aquirements in the offseason are looking like bozos, and Jay Cutler has not won games either (nothing to do with his injury).

The WHOLE TEAM SUCKS, the coach has failed to make ajustments, I foresee the end of the road for Shanahan soon if this continues this way, (which it will).
                              I agree with 'coco'- I knew last year when the fans & the management wanted to rush Jay Cutler in - when we had a perfectly healthy, good QB in Jake- that things were going to go badly. Jay could have been learning for a good 2 years (Romo, anyone?), but no. Shanny couldn't resist. The team spirit dropped, we started to lose with Jay in (stat's don't mean anything, Jay hasn't shown us yet that he's a winner!), the team was demoralized, we missed the playoffs (sorry - "it was the right move to get us to the playoffs"- total BS!), and then Darrent was killed, Damien died, bad shakeup all around on the roster, Al Wilson is gone, Rod Smith is hurt- and you didn't see this coming!!!! C'mon people!!!! What we COULD have done was keep Jay as backup last year NO MATTER WHAT, let him learn, see what came during training camp this year. Ideally, you want your rookie QB to wait a couple years before throwing him to the Lions. (ha ha!). Rivers and Romo waited - why not Cutler? Look at Leinart- same problem- he's a disaster- he's gone with an injury!! I know Jay is talented, but didn't we all think that Shanny could screw this up and make him into another Brian Griese!?? He should have waited- that's all. Waited to start Jay.
                              sigpic

#TEBOWDOMINATES...Love Orange and Blue Gators and Broncos!

Jake Plummer will always be my #1 Quarterback!!!!!

Comment

He should have waited- that's all. Waited to start Jay.

Ok. I am missing something here. How would have holding Jay Cutler out last year done anything for this year? If Jake plummer was in there right now we would still have a losing record. Jay has been getting better and getting experience. Better to make mistakes now than at the AFC Champisonship game. Jay hasn't thrown a INT in two straight games. How about Jake?

Comment

Working...
                                X