Bates says Broncos' defensive performance "unacceptable"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathetic.

Sure the cheerleaders didn't suit up and try to play yesterday?
    11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

Bates is a rocket scientist

Wow - Bates must be a rocket scientist to figure out the Broncos defensive performance was "unacceptable".

Most of us were concerned during pre-season. We kept hearing it would be just a matter of time before it all came together. Eight weeks later and the defense is still horrible. The worst defense I can remember in Bronco history.

I am sooo tired of excuses - flat, early game etc. I've had enough of "we just have to put it behind us, see what we did wrong and get better". This team has no heart, or maybe it's little talent, or both.

I know the team is beat up, but this is professional football, and guys should be able to step in and play. Other teams have fielded decent teams even with injuries.

We lack intensity, drive and hunger. Look at how the Lions played - they were swarming, and hitting. Our pass receivers were catching the ball and preparing for hits - we were scared. Have we seen anyone on our defense put a great solid hit on anyone this year? And I keep asking - do we have linebackers on this team? Are they supposed to make tackles?

It's just been confirmed - Bates IS a rocket scientist, because his defense is so complicated only other rocket scientists can play in it - that's why we're struggling.

So how about making it less complicated and just let the guys pursue the ball. It won't make the defense any worse than it currently is, and we won't have to spend money on rocket scientist caliber defensive players.

I think the rest of the season should be tryouts for next year. Let everyone play, and let everyone know that no jobs are safe. Tell them they are playing for the opportunity to be given a chance to play here next year.

I want to see some guys show that they really want to play, I want to see some energy, enthusiasm and hitting.

Okay, I'm done venting!

Still a Broncos fan,
      Mike

Comment

I like the way the colts d-line plays this year. Their coach tells them not to worry about stopping the run and filling gaps, just rush the passer and attack the ball.
        11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

So did Bates go to the 'John Madden School of Stating the Obvious'?

'Giving up 37 points on the road on defense is unacceptable.'

Well, duh!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            So did Bates go to the 'John Madden School of Stating the Obvious'?

'Giving up 37 points on the road on defense is unacceptable.'

Well, duh!
            Yup...he graduated Magna *** Laude!!

Comment

Mr. Bates,
              To make unacceptable comments about being unacceptable is unacceptable. How about pathetic, butt whooping (politically correct but would prefer Mr. Bates to be more explisive and energetic). Mr. Bates you sorry defensesive scheme is a shame to the bronco players and the wonderful organization you single handly took down this year. On the brighter note were still only one game out of the AFC worst and possible could make the playoffs to watch another 55-0 romp O JOY!

Comment

Working...
              X