Cutler to have MRI on injured leg today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warhawk View Post
    Why? So he can get killed by the opposing pass rush? Ramsey is expendable, Cutler isn't.

That being said, Shanahan could definitely open up the playbook a little more for Cutler. Throw in a few more deep strikes, test the opposing defense. Hit a few of those and things tend to loosen up front.
    That is true - but I am sick of this plain jane offense. Why not open it up. What we are doing is not working well.

----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
      That is true - but I am sick of this plain jane offense. Why not open it up. What we are doing is not working well.
      We don't have the weapons to open it up.

Stokley is great in a #3 option. Not when he's getting double teamed or safety help, which is the case because Walker isn't available.

Marshall is attracting 2, sometimes 3 people all game long.

Martinez and Clark aren't going to open anything up. They are descent WR's, but only 1 defender needs to cover them.

You have formations with Stokley/Clark/Martinez, and it allows 1 defender to cover each one of them, and the rest of the defense focuses on Marshall and is attentive to Scheffler.

At the beginning of the season, people wanted Stokley as the #2 over Marshall. What's happening right now with Stokley as the #2, is the exact reason why he's a best option as a #3, because he doesn't take any pressure off the #1.

The offense sorely misses Walker, and right now Denver doesn't have the players to open it up. They can try, but they're just going to get Cutler killed in the process. He was injured on a play where our oline couldn't hold up for 3 step dropback. You can't possibly ask our oline to hold up for 5-7 step dropbacks to open it up. It just isn't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
        You can't possibly ask our oline to hold up for 5-7 step dropbacks to open it up. It just isn't going to happen.
        This happened at Vandy - the o-line sucked! That is why we need to put him in the gun!

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
          This happened at Vandy - the o-line sucked! That is why we need to put him in the gun!

He's still taking a 3 step dropback in the gun. And we have to have WR's who can get open, because our oline isn't going to hold the pocket as long as it needs to.

Cutler got hit pretty hard at Vanderbilt. I don't want NFL players hitting him like that, or his career isn;t going to last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
            He's still taking a 3 step dropback in the gun. And we have to have WR's who can get open, because our oline isn't going to hold the pocket as long as it needs to.

Cutler got hit pretty hard at Vanderbilt. I don't want NFL players hitting him like that, or his career isn;t going to last 3 years.
            True, Detroit wanted to take Cutler out of the game. Three Lions hitting him like that!

Where Jay Graduated!

Comment

Working...
            X