Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Travis Henry been a flop FA?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has Travis Henry been a flop FA?

    I haven't been impressed with Henry all year. Coming into this year, I had big expectations with Travis, especially seeing what he did in Tennessee.

    Granted, the Broncos have several problems all over the field, including problems on the offensive line, especially with the recent injury problems.

    Still, even in the first 3 weeks when most of the line was healthy Henry just wasn't making plays reminiscent of former Broncos running backs.

    I was expecting to see Henry break at least a couple of 40-65 yard TD runs this year and have just not seen it.

    His off the field problems seem to be part of the problem.

    Maybe Darren McFadden is looking like a worthy thing to pursue after all.
    sigpic

    In this picture, Rivers explains why he thinks he is so good.

    Is that Y=LT?

  • #2
    He looked good initially, but I think the looming suspension has been an incredible distraction for him, and if you look, his play has significantly regressed since all that business started.

    I think given everything, you would have to say he's a bust at this point.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree.

      In all honesty I haven't been impressed with this crop of FA's when I initially was.

      Dan Graham dropped a ball he should have caught and might have cost us a game.

      Simeon Rice, is a pure dud.

      Sam Adams is a worthless fattie.

      Bly, not a pro-bowl player he's supposed to be. The NFC must have been weak at corner the years he got selected to be a pro-bowler.

      Only Patrick Ramsey and Stokley look to have an upside.
      sigpic

      In this picture, Rivers explains why he thinks he is so good.

      Is that Y=LT?

      Comment


      • #4
        Given the fact he's ran for as many TD's as Young, and Cutler (1) and the fact his upcoming suspension will render him useless for a full year, I would say he has been a complete flop.



        Comment


        • #5
          If you think about it, none of our big free-agent acquisitions have panned out, which is ultimately why I don't think you can call this a rebuilding year.

          You don't spend millions of dollars and valuable roster space on players like Henry, Graham, Bly, and Rice, when you're 'rebuilding' or 'building towards the future', you don't sign guys like these.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            If you think about it, none of our big free-agent acquisitions have panned out, which is ultimately why I don't think you can call this a rebuilding year.

            You don't spend millions of dollars and valuable roster space on players like Henry, Graham, Bly, and Rice, when you're 'rebuilding' or 'building towards the future', you don't sign guys like these.
            100% agreed Mojo. You don't bring these guys in, for that kind of money, if your rebuilding.

            "You must spread some more contributer status around before giving it to MOJO again"



            Comment


            • #7
              Spending $$ on free agent's is EXACTLY what you do when your rebuilding.

              Rebuilding = not happy with current players, bring in new ones.

              I'm sure the injuries on the O-line have not helped. Playing from behind hasn't helped either.

              Comment


              • #8
                no, our o line is just patch work right now. This makes a huge impact on the running game. Once our o-line get familiar with playing together things will change

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                  Spending $$ on free agent's is EXACTLY what you do when your rebuilding.

                  Rebuilding = not happy with current players, bring in new ones.

                  I'm sure the injuries on the O-line have not helped. Playing from behind hasn't helped either.
                  No, spending money on one-year contracts for the likes of Rice, and paying guaranteed money to players that no one else really wanted, like Henry and Graham, is not what you do doing a rebuilding season.

                  If Denver were truly thinking rebuild, they never would have signed Simeon Rice a week before the season started. Denver's mentality going into this season was the same as it's always been - Super Bowl or bust. You can't rebuild a team from scratch and claim to be a Super Bowl contender.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                    Spending $$ on free agent's is EXACTLY what you do when your rebuilding.

                    Rebuilding = not happy with current players, bring in new ones.

                    I'm sure the injuries on the O-line have not helped. Playing from behind hasn't helped either.
                    I guess if your rebuilding through FA, most teams choose to rebuild their core via the draft.

                    Rebuilding= not happy with current players, phasing out old players, bringing in younger ones.



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The biggest reason that Henry has been a flop (aside from his lack of meaningful production) is that he's a cancer off the field. What ever happened to the days when Shanahan valued players with good demeanor on and off the field and were proven leaders?

                      Denver should have traded up for Peterson - who is amazing. Henry is forgettable at best. Cut the ties now and start fresh. He'll be gone for a full year soon enough anyways.

                      And whatever you do - get rid of the Offensive Coordinator who is offensive in his lack of creativity.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Breakaway23 View Post
                        Only Patrick Ramsey and Stokley look to have an upside.
                        Did you watch the game yesterday? Ramsey looked horrible.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                          Spending $$ on free agent's is EXACTLY what you do when your rebuilding.

                          Rebuilding = not happy with current players, bring in new ones.

                          I'm sure the injuries on the O-line have not helped. Playing from behind hasn't helped either.
                          I'd have to say regardless of his production, he'd have to be considered a bust with the looming suspension.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            No, spending money on one-year contracts for the likes of Rice, and paying guaranteed money to players that no one else really wanted, like Henry and Graham, is not what you do doing a rebuilding season.

                            If Denver were truly thinking rebuild, they never would have signed Simeon Rice a week before the season started. Denver's mentality going into this season was the same as it's always been - Super Bowl or bust. You can't rebuild a team from scratch and claim to be a Super Bowl contender.
                            Rice signed a 1-year contract to fill a hole created by the loss of Ekuban. There was a need, and a free agent to fill that need.

                            Graham was a very sought after free agent that was signed to a long term contract.

                            So if ship is sinking, you stay with it because you say "superbowl or bust"? The Broncos were not going to win a superbowl with the team they had. True to Shanahan's philosophy, the team needed to be rebuilt.

                            I was excited going into this season with all the new faces. I expected there to be some growing pains. I did not expect to see all of the Bronco's best players go down with injuries. I have been disappointed with the season, but the pieces are there.

                            Contrary to what you may have been expecting, this is a rebuilding season. Add the injuries, and you have a 3-5 team that is struggling.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                              no, our o line is just patch work right now. This makes a huge impact on the running game. Once our o-line get familiar with playing together things will change
                              not only is the point above extremely valid in this case, the broncos havent been in a position to run either. When they have it doesnt seem to me that they pick the right plays. Doesnt help when you only get 9-10 carries a game
                              Glen Haven Fire

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X