Has Travis Henry been a flop FA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Rice signed a 1-year contract to fill a hole created by the loss of Ekuban. There was a need, and a free agent to fill that need.

Graham was a very sought after free agent that was signed to a long term contract.

So if ship is sinking, you stay with it because you say "superbowl or bust"? The Broncos were not going to win a superbowl with the team they had. True to Shanahan's philosophy, the team needed to be rebuilt.

I was excited going into this season with all the new faces. I expected there to be some growing pains. I did not expect to see all of the Bronco's best players go down with injuries. I have been disappointed with the season, but the pieces are there.

Contrary to what you may have been expecting, this is a rebuilding season. Add the injuries, and you have a 3-5 team that is struggling.
    So you're opinion is that the Broncos didn't enter this season with the 'Super Bowl or bust' mentality?
    sigpic

Comment

I think the question was Has Travis Henry been a flop FA ??

I dont know how you can answer that with anything but Yes.
      :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

BTW, powder...

When you have the oldest team in the NFL going into the season, you have to expect there will be some injuries at key positions.
        sigpic

Comment

At least if Henry is suspended he can be kicked off the team without a huge cap hit.

I'd prefer him to be able to play, I still think he can run well in Denver (any RB needs a decent line though), but if he is suspended I won't lose any tears over it.

Comment

At least if Henry is suspended he can be kicked off the team without a huge cap hit.

I'd prefer him to be able to play, I still think he can run well in Denver (any RB needs a decent line though), but if he is suspended I won't lose any tears over it.
            You can't kick a player off the team while they're serving a suspension.
            sigpic

Comment

If I were Shanahan and Hermindinger I would do a complete offensive change. You can't wait until the off-season.

Run the no-huddle, or the run and shoot. Put three wide, and two TE's and play just one running back, at this point preferably Selvin Young. If there aren't receivers to throw to, then let Young catch passes from the backfield, just like we used to do with Davis or the Cowboys used to do with Smith.
              sigpic

In this picture, Rivers explains why he thinks he is so good.

Is that Y=LT?

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
                100% agreed Mojo. You don't bring these guys in, for that kind of money, if your rebuilding.

"You must spread some more contributer status around before giving it to MOJO again"
                100% spot on.

And I got him for ya...FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  So you're opinion is that the Broncos didn't enter this season with the 'Super Bowl or bust' mentality?
                  Of course they did.

I just didn't expect this year to be the superbowl year.

Comment

You can't kick a player off the team while they're serving a suspension.
                    No, but they can kick him off the team when the suspension is over.

Comment

Of course they did.

I just didn't expect this year to be the superbowl year.
                      Well I'm not talking about your expectations or your interpretation of signing some of these players. I'm talking about what Mike Shanahan and the Broncos were thinking. And I can assure you, based on his statements after the game yesterday, his intentions were not to build for the future.
                      sigpic

Comment

No, but they can kick him off the team when the suspension is over.
                        Which, at this point, won't be until June 2009.
                        sigpic

Comment

dissapointed

i am very dissapointed in travis henry, especially if the drug issue turns out to be valid, i expected more big plays from him but i will give him the benefit of the doubt untill the end of the year, if he can stay healthy and get the endzone alot more the second half, i would be willing to let him stay next year, however if no progress is obtained i say we trade henry and do everything in our power to get johnathan stewart, if our losses keep piling up!

Comment

I don't get the Selvin Young infatuation. He's not that good.

It's like the Hamza Abdullah love-fest.
                            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

If you think about it, none of our big free-agent acquisitions have panned out, which is ultimately why I don't think you can call this a rebuilding year.

You don't spend millions of dollars and valuable roster space on players like Henry, Graham, Bly, and Rice, when you're 'rebuilding' or 'building towards the future', you don't sign guys like these.
                              you don't sit your starting qb on a 7-2 team so you can give your heir apparent a head start, either.

in retrospect, sitting jake is looking like a pretty bad decision.
                              Go Bears!

Comment

Hang in there Travis, but......

Should have stuck with the bell tandum, did they not produce over 1700 yards rushing? Along with the two new backs we would have been in great shape. Mike proved his durability and effectiveness. Now the coaches are icing him on the bench, which is baffling to this poster, and I am sure the rest of the league as well (not the uninformed posters and media ilk). I believe Tatum is holding on to the ball this year. I see a future for Andre and Selvin in certain situations. Henry is a good back, but we would have got the same production it not more from Mike, without the drama, but best of luck to Travis, he's gonna need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X