Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pathetically awful!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pathetically awful!!

    The worst possible scenario after this upcoming weekend could actually make me throw up in my mouth, a little bit.

    If SD loses to Indy, which is highly probable...


    If KC loses to denver, which is iffy...



    Then denver would be TIED for the lead (albeit not in tiebreaker) in the division with a meager 4-5 record.

    Don't know about ya'll, but that would be the WORST thing that could happen.

    Any non-homer can see that denver ISN'T qualified to be there, and that they'd be quickly beat down, should they make the playoffs.

    How many times have we given the central crap, because the 'winner' of the division had a .500 or less record? Or some of the NFC bottom-dwelling divisions.

    It's beginning to look like there are only 2 AFC divisions worth a dime. Well, really only 1....the South. The rest are single team run-aways.

    Awful.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

    -- Samuel Adams

    sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

  • #2
    Originally posted by rcsodak View Post
    Don't know about ya'll, but that would be the WORST thing that could happen.

    Any non-homer can see that denver ISN'T qualified to be there, and that they'd be quickly beat down, should they make the playoffs.
    Why would that be a bad thing?? I dont' care if we're qualified or not, to me that just means at least 1 more week of being able to watch the Broncos.

    Comment


    • #3
      Maybe it's just me but I'm not sure how being tied for the division lead is a bad thing. I don't care if the entire division ended up with a total of 15 wins, it would still be nice to win it. It would also give our MANY young players some playoff experience, even if it isn't a good one. Plus the fact that other division rival fans aren't able to talk much trash when their teams are also doing bad.

      Comment


      • #4
        Why would making the playoffs be a bad thing even if we are one and done? Experience is needed with some of our younger players and playoff experience is even more valuable.


        You bring up a very good point though. As awful as we have been this year, we are still in the chase.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rcsodak View Post
          The worst possible scenario after this upcoming weekend could actually make me throw up in my mouth, a little bit.

          If SD loses to Indy, which is highly probable...


          If KC loses to denver, which is iffy...



          Then denver would be TIED for the lead (albeit not in tiebreaker) in the division with a meager 4-5 record.

          Don't know about ya'll, but that would be the WORST thing that could happen.

          Any non-homer can see that denver ISN'T qualified to be there, and that they'd be quickly beat down, should they make the playoffs.

          How many times have we given the central crap, because the 'winner' of the division had a .500 or less record? Or some of the NFC bottom-dwelling divisions.

          It's beginning to look like there are only 2 AFC divisions worth a dime. Well, really only 1....the South. The rest are single team run-aways.

          Awful.
          How in the world is making the playoffs the worst-case scenario? I would rather be in the playoffs with a slight (even if it's next to nothing) chance of making a Super Bowl run than out of the playoffs with no chance. Plus, the playoff experience would be invaluable to Cutler. I'm still very confused as to how making the playoffs is a bad thing.

          (for the record, I don't think we're sniffing the playoffs but I'm not going to be unhappy if we do!)


          Comment


          • #6
            I as a homer think what you said would be fantastic. I think we will beat the Cheifs and the Colts will beat the Chargers.

            RCSODAK It makes me wonder if you cheer when we do bad? Do you?

            If we beat the Chiefs will you be sad?

            I feel bad making a statement about you like that I really do but almost all of your posts are negative. - Sorry
            Last edited by cutlerfan; 11-07-2007, 10:32 AM.



            ----------------------------------------------
            I work at Vanderbilt University

            Where Jay Graduated!


            I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

            Comment


            • #7
              I think it would be great to get to the playoffs. Will we? -doubt it. But look what has to happen if we do make the playoffs...which would probly. mean we'd have to win the DIV.

              If we made the playoffs our team would have to put a pretty good win streak together like play 7-1 the last half of the season. If that were the case-which I doubt-we would be playing pretty darn good ball and be considered a somewhat "contender" again.

              "Why?" you ask...

              All parts of our team would be in full speed including stopping the run and scoring in the redzone....hence making us a pretty good team that can run with most teams in the NFL.

              But it looks like this won't happen. Things don't get better overnight in the NFL. Crazier things have happened but to tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind by some miricle we slipped in the playoffs and somehow played the Pats. We would have nothing to loose while they would have everything to loose. It would be a win-win situation for us-doubtfull though, highly, doubtful it will happen. Bt if you bet on it, the odds have to be pretty good in LV if you have a few bucks to spare for a high return.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
                I think it would be great to get to the playoffs. Will we? -doubt it. But look what has to happen if we do make the playoffs...which would probly. mean we'd have to win the DIV.

                If we made the playoffs our team would have to put a pretty good win streak together like play 7-1 the last half of the season. If that were the case-which I doubt-we would be playing pretty darn good ball and be considered a somewhat "contender" again.

                "Why?" you ask...

                All parts of our team would be in full speed including stopping the run and scoring in the redzone....hence making us a pretty good team that can run with most teams in the NFL.

                But it looks like this won't happen. Things don't get better overnight in the NFL. Crazier things have happened but to tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind by some miricle we slipped in the playoffs and somehow played the Pats. We would have nothing to loose while they would have everything to loose. It would be a win-win situation for us-doubtfull though, highly, doubtful it will happen. Bt if you bet on it, the odds have to be pretty good in LV if you have a few bucks to spare for a high return.
                With the way this division is going, I highly doubt we would need to go 7-1 to win it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Um, Denver being in the division lead.

                  Expalin to me exactly what the problem is there?

                  Are are we now rooting for Broncos losses?

                  Getting the young team some playoff experience? Yeah, that sure would suck!!

                  Getting Jay some playoff experience? Terrible!! Bah!! Humbug!!

                  Getting to watch our (to most anyways) beloved Broncos for one more game? Horrible! Perish the thought!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jhns View Post
                    With the way this division is going, I highly doubt we would need to go 7-1 to win it.
                    5-3 just might do it, 6-2 would give us a great shot, as long as 2 of those were against the Cheifs and Chargers.

                    I don't expect it, but I would love it!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      never know

                      Making the playoffs would not be a bad thing, it would mean the team came to gether enough to win a few games down the road. Also, playoff experience is great for a young team. Finally, who knows maybe the other team gets over confident and we win after watching this season so far stranger things could happen. Here is hoping for a complete 180 and Denver does make the playoff.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Foxworth said in his blog yesterday that knowing the Broncos are only one win out of first place in the division is one of the motivating factors for him and a lot of players to improve their play.

                        Even if we manage to win the division at 8-8...that still means Denver is better than anyone else in our division, including the Chargers, whom most picked to win this division, hands down.

                        I doubt anyone thought the Chiefs would be 4-4 and leading this division when the season started 8 weeks ago. Most thought the Chargers would have 6+ wins, perhaps the Broncos 1 more or 1 less, with the Chiefs and Raiders being bottom feeders.

                        But this is why they play the games...and there is still 8 weeks left in the season to turn things around. This team even making the playoffs right now would be a great stepping stone into the next year.

                        This team going into the playoffs tells me that even though there are a lot of things going against them (mainly injuries, youth, new schemes), that they had enough character and kutzpa to win enough football games to win the division.

                        I, for one, am not giving up on the team. Even last week, in that horrible loss, there were a lot of players still playing hard, trying to make a play. Even Brian Clark, bless him, tried to make a play at the end, to make it look a little mroe respectable.

                        Anyone else notice that most of our fumbles this year come from players trying to make plays? Brian Clark, Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler. Trying to go for that extra yard, get that first down to keep the chains moving, give our defense a break.
                        Because they know that someone needs to generate that spark to turn the tide...but the fumble happens, and things go downhill from there.

                        Just my homer observation.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted by: Peanut

                        "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                        -Sean Payton

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I completely see where RC is coming from. Who wants to go to the playoffs and get blown out in front of a national audience. What did we all say to Chiefs fans last playoffs? The team we are fielding RIGHT NOW has NO business in the playoffs. Hopefully they can improve, but I don't enjoy having my team looked at like a joke on a national level. Do we forget the BS we dealt with after the BLOWOUTS to Indy in the playoffs? NO ONE took us seriously after that.

                          I love my Broncos, I would love to see some extra games, but I'm sorry if I don't want to see them get blown out worse than they did against the Chargers and the Lions...and if those 2 teams did that....imagine what the Colts would do to us in a game that REALLY mattered.
                          Ready for the friggen season already!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
                            I completely see where RC is coming from. Who wants to go to the playoffs and get blown out in front of a national audience. What did we all say to Chiefs fans last playoffs? The team we are fielding RIGHT NOW has NO business in the playoffs. Hopefully they can improve, but I don't enjoy having my team looked at like a joke on a national level. Do we forget the BS we dealt with after the BLOWOUTS to Indy in the playoffs? NO ONE took us seriously after that.

                            I love my Broncos, I would love to see some extra games, but I'm sorry if I don't want to see them get blown out worse than they did against the Chargers and the Lions...and if those 2 teams did that....imagine what the Colts would do to us in a game that REALLY mattered.
                            a voice of reason. I am not suprised
                            great post Leah I mean GEM

                            I would rather go 6-10 and get a better pick, so we can
                            be better in the long haul and stop trying to get
                            better via Band Aid additons like Sam Adams, Simeon Rice
                            and the overrated Daniel Graham.

                            Shanny should have used the overpayment to Graham to
                            land a LB like Adaluis Thomas or someone who could have
                            helped this pathetic front 7....
                            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
                              I completely see where RC is coming from. Who wants to go to the playoffs and get blown out in front of a national audience. What did we all say to Chiefs fans last playoffs? The team we are fielding RIGHT NOW has NO business in the playoffs. Hopefully they can improve, but I don't enjoy having my team looked at like a joke on a national level. Do we forget the BS we dealt with after the BLOWOUTS to Indy in the playoffs? NO ONE took us seriously after that.

                              I love my Broncos, I would love to see some extra games, but I'm sorry if I don't want to see them get blown out worse than they did against the Chargers and the Lions...and if those 2 teams did that....imagine what the Colts would do to us in a game that REALLY mattered.
                              I would want to go to the playoffs because I am sick of people saying Shanny has only won one playoff game since Elway and TD.



                              ----------------------------------------------
                              I work at Vanderbilt University

                              Where Jay Graduated!


                              I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X