Simeon Rice cut (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simeon Rice cut (merged)

According to 950 The Fan Denver local radio at least, Rice was just cut. I haven't seen confirmation, but I'm sure there will be articles if true.

Makes the signing of 3 DE's make sense now. With Engleburger questionable, and Rice cut, that leaves only Crowder and Dumervile healthy and ready to go without the new depth.

If true, I can't say Rice will be terribly missed. A big contract, mainly based on how many sacks he'd rack up this year, and he hasn't produced. Making fairly inflammatory comments in the media, not seeming like much of a team player. I'm guessing he wasn't passing on much to our young new players. And he really wasn't going to be around next year anyway.

More developing I'm sure as the day goes on.

Edit: one link from Masons blog (thanks to BroncoAV06 below for seeing it) here
    Last edited by ShadeofBlue; 11-09-2007, 12:52 PM.
    Always a Broncos fan.

Originally posted by ShadeofBlue View Post
    According to 950 The Fan Denver local radio at least, Rice was just cut. I haven't seen confirmation, but I'm sure there will be articles if true.

Makes the signing of 3 DE's make sense now. With Engleburger questionable, and Rice cut, that leaves only Crowder and Dumervile healthy and ready to go without the new depth.

If true, I can't say Rice will be terribly missed. A big contract, mainly based on how many sacks he'd rack up this year, and he hasn't produced. Making fairly inflammatory comments in the media, not seeming like much of a team player. I'm guessing he wasn't passing on much to our young new players. And he really wasn't going to be around next year anyway.

Stinks we couldn't get anything out of him. His career is probably over now.

Comment

Simeon Rice Cut Today!!!

Just heard on 950 The Fan!!! Another notch in the bad GM belt for Coach Shanny!!!! Mr. Bowlen needs to address this matter ASAP....these personnel moves are killing us!!!
      The Train stops here!!

Comment

Too bad it didn’t work out.

I’m glad he wasn’t signed to a long-term deal, so really in the long run, no harm done.

Comment

HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

You know those medallions the advertised here last week or so?

Guess who today's medallion is?

"Here ya go Simion, here's your last check and walking papers. And as a bonus, you can stop by 7/11 for a little momento of your stay here."

Comment

How did this move “kill us”?

It was a one-year deal. There was a need when Ekuban was lost, so they signed a free agent to a basically risk-free one year deal.

Explain to me exactly how this was a huge bust?

Comment

If it's true then good riddance. He was kind of becoming a distraction and it seemed as though he always had a bad attitude.

Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
                HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

You know those medallions the advertised here last week or so?

Guess who today's medallion is?

"Here ya go Simion, here's your last check and walking papers. And as a bonus, you can stop by 7/11 for a little momento of your stay here."
                Holy crap, I hate to say it, but that's hilarious!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadeofBlue View Post

About time.
                  President Cool

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                    How did this move “kill us”?

It was a one-year deal. There was a need when Ekuban was lost, so they signed a free agent to a basically risk-free one year deal.

Explain to me exactly how this was a huge bust?
                    Because while he was here, we could of signed a playmaker!!!!! Like Corey Jackson!!!!!!

Comment

:wave: Bye Simeon! Don't let the door hit your tail on the way out! :wave:

Comment

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/...-games-played/
                        Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                        GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                        #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                        #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                        #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                        #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                        Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Shanahan said the Broncos might sign a player before Sunday.

Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by L-TRAIN View Post
                            Just heard on 950 The Fan!!! Another notch in the bad GM belt for Coach Shanny!!!! Mr. Bowlen needs to address this matter ASAP....these personnel moves are killing us!!!
                            well.. in THIS deal.. there wasn't exactly a lot of choices. I mean, it wasn't like Shanahan signed him in the offseason and rode the hopes of having him. We only signed Rice to a ONE year deal because our other DEs were injured. It was a signing out of necessity.. and not one that ANYONE signed with the expectations of anchoring our D. The people HERE, on these message boards, were the ones claiming so much praise and putting so much hope on the shoulders of Simeon.

Comment

Ya its not really a player we'll miss. I just remember when the signing occurred it was huge. Rice was THE player we needed. The FA signing that in a Bates system was going to be a monster on the edge, wrecking havoc, easily getting a dozen sacks, and passing on a decade of experience to our rookies.

Just another sign that FA's who are FA's because they have a questionable history on other teams aren't suddenly going to become great/ perform at a much higher level here. Unlike the Pats, sad to say, we're not a "transformational" team.

To be honest the only FA that I've been hugely impressed with was Brandon Stokley, who I think has outperformed expectations. Just thought I'd mention the name to give props for one really good FA acquisition I don't see many threads about.
                              Always a Broncos fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X