X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler2007
    replied
    Originally posted by delirium_05 View Post
    Nothing against your post, but I saw Abdullah all over the place. I also saw him whiff on a coupole tackles, but hey it was his first start. I think he even forced a fumble on Bowe....that was recovered by Bowe...never the less I think he can improve at safety.
    Sadly though I think with the sudden youth movement....we're probably losing Lynch, and possibly Ferguson at the end of the season.
    Lynch is finding it harder and harder to stay healthy. If Abdullah can get 8 starts in and get better with each game, it will go a long way to solidifying our D. There are some great FS coming out in 2009 draft (unfortunately 2008 is a very poor draft for Safety). It would be nice if Abdullah was the answer at SS.

I think he played a great game today, hopefully he can build off of it.

Leave a comment:

• delirium_05
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    Look, you guy's, I think he sucks at tackling....That's it!

I never said he's the worst player in the world.

He has a flaw....A HUGE flaw. He needs to work on tackling.

It's not "foolish"! He is "terrible"! And I'm not comparing his tackling to the LB's! He tackles more like a punter!!!!!

I only mentioned it because people seem to think he's an option to start at safety....He can't tackle well enough to play safety....
    Nothing against your post, but I saw Abdullah all over the place. I also saw him whiff on a coupole tackles, but hey it was his first start. I think he even forced a fumble on Bowe....that was recovered by Bowe...never the less I think he can improve at safety.
    Sadly though I think with the sudden youth movement....we're probably losing Lynch, and possibly Ferguson at the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• troylightfoot
    replied
    oh my bad then.

Leave a comment:

• Bigplayshay84
    replied
    Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
    there was a guy named Shannon Sharpe who played for the Broncos and the Ravens and he was pretty good
    You know it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• fcspikeit
    replied
    Originally posted by troylightfoot View Post
    you said...

"Where did I say he wasn't good in coverage?"

and i just answered your question.
    Hey bro,

go read the posts again, we where talking about 2 different guys. I said Furgy wasn't good in coverage. I also said Foxworth wasn't a good tackler.

someone responded to me saying Foxy made some plays in coverage. I asked him "where did I say he (Foxworth) wasn't good in coverage?"

edit - I thought you where defending Foxworth by pointing out he made some plays in coverage today. After all you said, "well he cut off a route and almost had an interception." That would be Foxworth! Was you talking about Foxworth or Furguson? or do you think they are the same person? LOL
    Last edited by fcspikeit; 11-11-2007, 10:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• troylightfoot
    replied
    you said...

"Where did I say he wasn't good in coverage?"

and i just answered your question.

Leave a comment:

• fcspikeit
    replied
    um you said...

"As for Furgy being able to cover,, I just don't see it! He covers loose all the time waiting for them to catch the ball then tries to stop them after. Even when they are in the end zone he will be 5 yards beyond the receiver."

that is talking about his coverage.
    Ok...

So whats your point?

Leave a comment:

• troylightfoot
    replied
    um you said...

"As for Furgy being able to cover,, I just don't see it! He covers loose all the time waiting for them to catch the ball then tries to stop them after. Even when they are in the end zone he will be 5 yards beyond the receiver."

that is talking about his coverage.

Leave a comment:

• fcspikeit
    replied
    well he cut off a route and almost had an interception. i don't think thats really true what you are saying. going back to his rookie year as a corner he made some huge plays. Especially the INT against mcnabb in the endzone. He was playing off anyone then.

He is learning this position. Everyone give him a frieking break!
    Where did I say he wasn't good in coverage?

Yes he has made some great plays for us, IMO he is a great 3rd CB and or cover safety. But he is not a great tackler! He is as good as the next CB at tackling but we are not talking about that. We are talking about him playing safety. When you play safety you need to be able to tackle better then a CB because they are used against the run. Can you imagine foxy hitting LJ head on? He would get crushed! He does not have the size or strength to play safety.

Just to make a point I want to also say, he would be a terrible QB!

Does any of that mean I don't like Foxworth? NO

Not everyone can play every position plain and simple

Leave a comment:

• troylightfoot
    replied
    Originally posted by fcspikeit View Post
    Foxy is not a very good tackler. He missed some today but he also had a couple tackles where he stopped them from getting the first on 3rd down.

He is no Bailey for sure but really he isn't that bad for a CB or cover safety.

Furgy and Gold are some of the worst tacklers I have seen. Gold played better today, but even still there were some tackles he missed in the backfield that would have went for a loss instead they got + yards out of the plays.

As for Furgy being able to cover,, I just don't see it! He covers loose all the time waiting for them to catch the ball then tries to stop them after. Even when they are in the end zone he will be 5 yards beyond the receiver.
    well he cut off a route and almost had an interception. i don't think thats really true what you are saying. going back to his rookie year as a corner he made some huge plays. Especially the INT against mcnabb in the endzone. He was playing off anyone then.

He is learning this position. Everyone give him a frieking break!

Leave a comment:

• CinnaMunMun
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream View Post
    Nick Ferguson has and always will be a chump. People take those DVOA and KC Joyner statistics like they're god. Statistics don't mean crap unless you watch the games, and it's obvious to anyone who can logically analyze football that Ferguson is poor in coverage.
    You could use my name if you would like. I'm pretty much the only one that does it. Either way though, harsh words.

Fergy has been declining rapidly over the past year. I'll admit that. Hell, in 5 games he probably doubled his bad plays from last year.

You will have to forgive me for not agreeing with you about last year. I watched every game, just like you I'm sure. I use KC's stats to emphasize my points, because I believe numbers are more convincing than "I know better than you" or "He was good/bad, believe me".

Fergy is less than stellar in direct coverage. That isn't surprising given he is probably the least talented guy on the defense. Yet in up top assisting I say he is darn good, which is helped by his veteran influence. Last year we were one of the best teams in defending against big passes. (None of this was borrowed from KC, and I don't look at FO for defensive stuff, just one of those things I guess).

Hell, 3 years ago this was the guy who could have made pro-bowl. I know this is a game of today, but honestly.

Take it or leave it I guess.

Leave a comment:

• fcspikeit
    replied
    Well Abdullah I would agree with, but since he started for Lynch I assuming you'd rather see Foxworth start over Ferguson?

Count me out, Foxworth is one of the worst tacklers I've seen in years!!!! You can actually count on him missing the tackle if he doesn't have help.

If he doesn't know why he doesn't start unless someone is injured than he's not as smart as people think he is.

He's terrible....He actually looks scared out there......
    Foxy is not a very good tackler. He missed some today but he also had a couple tackles where he stopped them from getting the first on 3rd down.

He is no Bailey for sure but really he isn't that bad for a CB or cover safety.

Furgy and Gold are some of the worst tacklers I have seen. Gold played better today, but even still there were some tackles he missed in the backfield that would have went for a loss instead they got + yards out of the plays.

As for Furgy being able to cover,, I just don't see it! He covers loose all the time waiting for them to catch the ball then tries to stop them after. Even when they are in the end zone he will be 5 yards beyond the receiver.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by hardcorebronco View Post
    Which punter?

Sauerbrun forced a fumble when he tackled a returner...

I see what your pointing out though, while Foxy tackles like a corner it may be because he is a corner! True, he only begin to learn the safety position since last year when we were down and out from injuries. I think it was that he was a bit undersized and lacked the strength and that he didn't fit the scheme of Coyer.

Coyer used 2 Strong Safeties, remember everyone calling for a "true ball-hawk safety"? Could it be that Bates would prefer to leave the FS back in coverage and play his SS closer to the line for more run support? Lynch / Abdullah have no problem stopping the run.

But it was apparent that Ferguson lacked the skills at coverage to play back. Maybe Foxworth gives them the best chance to play that cover safety? If he can fix his form up some and work on his read's I think he will be a good starter there for us. Granted, he isn't there yet.

Maybe Foxworth could use some of Sauerflakes diet pills?

At least he tackles better than a kicker......

Leave a comment:

• hardcorebronco
    replied
    Look, you guy's, I think he sucks at tackling....That's it!

I never said he's the worst player in the world.

He has a flaw....A HUGE flaw. He needs to work on tackling.

It's not "foolish"! He is "terrible"! And I'm not comparing his tackling to the LB's! He tackles more like a punter!!!!!

I only mentioned it because people seem to think he's an option to start at safety....He can't tackle well enough to play safety....
    Which punter?

Sauerbrun forced a fumble when he tackled a returner...

I see what your pointing out though, while Foxy tackles like a corner it may be because he is a corner! True, he only begin to learn the safety position since last year when we were down and out from injuries. I think it was that he was a bit undersized and lacked the strength and that he didn't fit the scheme of Coyer.

Coyer used 2 Strong Safeties, remember everyone calling for a "true ball-hawk safety"? Could it be that Bates would prefer to leave the FS back in coverage and play his SS closer to the line for more run support? Lynch / Abdullah have no problem stopping the run.

But it was apparent that Ferguson lacked the skills at coverage to play back. Maybe Foxworth gives them the best chance to play that cover safety? If he can fix his form up some and work on his read's I think he will be a good starter there for us. Granted, he isn't there yet.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    He can't tackle well enough to play safety....
    There ya go... that is a lot more clearer.

edit.. I tend to agree.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X