"Abdullah Over Ferguson" Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Abdullah Over Ferguson" Movement

Ferguson has had a solid career and you can't take that away from him, but other than his leadership ability to make the big hit, he is just an average safety now. DJ Williams has been finally taking the leadership reigns anyways.

Don't get me wrong, Ferguson is usually all over the field, but Abdullah was exactly where he needed to be on many plays, whereas Ferguson is there but is in slow persuit a great deal of the time, or just pushing the guy out of bounds after a catch. Ferguson is always getting beat in coverage, and you can throw in all the stats you want, but that just means you don't watch the games.

Hamza Abdullah almost had 2 inteceptions, and 2 of his tipped passes allowed Bly and Paymah to get the pick. Ferguson never tips passes because that is just not the type of player he is, and he just doesn't have the speed or coverage skills to put himself in that position.

Abdullah can do it all, he was great against the pass and he did very well in run support, which is basically the only ability Ferguson has left. You can see vast improvement in the kid as he is getting more comfortable with his role in the defense, and he is still getting better.

No disrespect to Nick Ferguson, he will go down as a valuabe player in Broncos history, but Hamza Abdullah should earn himself the job soon.

If it's a youth movement, then let the youth play.
    Go Selvin!
    Shake and Bake All Day Long!

sigpic

fergie doesn't play with heart imo.

I love Hamza....the guy is hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgehunter13 View Post
      Ferguson has had a solid career and you can't take that away from him, but other than his leadership ability to make the big hit, he is just an average safety now. DJ Williams has been finally taking the leadership reigns anyways.

Don't get me wrong, Ferguson is usually all over the field, but Abdullah was exactly where he needed to be on many plays, whereas Ferguson is there but is in slow persuit a great deal of the time, or just pushing the guy out of bounds after a catch. Ferguson is always getting beat in coverage, and you can throw in all the stats you want, but that just means you don't watch the games.

Hamza Abdullah almost had 2 inteceptions, and 2 of his tipped passes allowed Bly and Paymah to get the pick. Ferguson never tips passes because that is just not the type of player he is, and he just doesn't have the speed or coverage skills to put himself in that position.

Abdullah can do it all, he was great against the pass and he did very well in run support, which is basically the only ability Ferguson has left. You can see vast improvement in the kid as he is getting more comfortable with his role in the defense, and he is still getting better.

No disrespect to Nick Ferguson, he will go down as a valuabe player in Broncos history, but Hamza Abdullah should earn himself the job soon.

If it's a youth movement, then let the youth play.

hazma should and probally will take over for john lynch. lynch should call it quits after this year, he has nothing left to prove,and with his injury..........well who knows, and he will have a tough decision to make this off-season. he has lost his speed to cover and is quite frankly, getting old. So your right let the youth play. Hazma is better as a free safety because of his coverage skills, we need to pick up a strong safety in the draft to replce fergy, because you are right on about him, but hazma should take the free safety spot and a rookie should take the other Strong safety spot!

Comment

edit: nevermind.

Hamza did ok. But Foxworth kinda concerns me.

The one thing with Hamza was his over pursuit as well as he didn't wrap up too well. But in heart and aggressiveness he gets an A+.

Maybe we will finally see the kid that Lynch has been praising for the last few years?
        Last edited by hardcorebronco; 11-12-2007, 09:08 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

it's only two games....but golly- Hamza gets to the ball A LOT. He's got growing to do, for sure, but he is in the middle of everything.

Comment

Abdullah is good where he is, Lynch should replace Nick at Strong Safety, if Lynch is healthy he would be great in that spot.
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
              Abdullah is good where he is, Lynch should replace Nick at Strong Safety, if Lynch is healthy he would be great in that spot.
              I agree with you! I've been campaigning for a Lynch-Abdullah tandem all year long!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                I agree with you! I've been campaigning for a Lynch-Abdullah tandem all year long!
                abdullah as free and lynch as strong would solidify our secondary for the rest of the year indeed, provided lynch can come back really healthy, his neck injury isa concern as it almost ended his career once, perhaps he should rest up to finish the season and concentrate on if he wants to come back and play next year, i would hate for his career to end badly, rushing back into this year. i actually would like to see carligle get some reps at strong safety and se if he is worth a damn or not he is pretty good on special teams at tackling usually so it would be intersting to see him in that strong safety spot.

Dont get me wrong though i would love for hazma and lynch to be our tandem back there but lynch needs to be 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
                  A lot of people said this during pre season.

I will jump on the bandwagon now so I can say I was one of the first.
                  sigpic

Comment

i want abdullah to start because i like how he wears white socks instead of blue ones at away games.

it looks cool.

Comment

Before too long John Lynch is going to have to move over for the youth movement as well.

Comment

21 was all over the ball. I have to agree with this poster. Always in the right place. I saw him shooting past defenders and taking care of business. Why did we wait so long to start this guy?

Comment

Lets not forget that besides having a team high 8 tackles (which I'm not entirely sure is accurate...I think DJ had more tackles) and tipping 2 passes that resulted in int's he also forced a fumble.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
                            fergie doesn't play with heart imo.

He was everywhere.

I agree.
                            MMA News
                            MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                              Lynch can't cover the tight end. That is why he is playing free where he can roam and make the big hits. Lynch gets exposed already in pass support.

Comment

Working...
                              X