Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Abdullah Over Ferguson" Movement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
    A lot of people said this during pre season.

    I will jump on the bandwagon now so I can say I was one of the first.
    I started the bandwagon the second he signed here...like 2 years ago.

    Cool sig BTW.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by WABronco View Post
      I started the bandwagon the second he signed here...like 2 years ago.

      Cool sig BTW.
      I've been disappointed with the safety play the last couple of years. I cant believe he's just now getting a chance. I hope he can contribute.

      Comment


      • #33
        If Hamza Abdullah can become an adequate starting safety, then that means the Broncos only have to acquire 1 S next season -- to back up and eventually replace John Lynch.

        The problem of course is that John Lynch's leadership on the field is not so easily replaced.

        All the idiots saying "they should cut Lynch, he's lost a step" obviously haven't been paying attention this year. The defense got a LOT worse without him in there -- especially during the Detroit game.

        We better hope Lynch returns next season, because losing him has about the same effect on the defense that losing Al Wilson had this year.

        You can replace a veteran with a young player, but you can't replace that leadership and knowledge -- not until those young players gather more experience for themselves.

        And even then Lynch is a multi-year pro-bowl player and team co-captain. He's a very rare player. You probably couldn't replace that kind of guy even if you had the #1 pick of the draft next year -- there just isn't a player like Lynch in every draft -- certainly not at the Safety position and even many promising athletes don't go on to have the kind of career he has.

        Lynch is like Rod Smith. His leaving the Broncos will leave a huge hole that talent alone will not fill.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          Hamza FS and Lynch SS for the rest of the season. Then draft or aquire for SS next year.
          Hire Lynch as DB coach.
          Sorry Fergie, you aint gettin it done!

          ONLY TRUE BRONCOS NEED APPLY
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Cugel View Post
            If Hamza Abdullah can become an adequate starting safety, then that means the Broncos only have to acquire 1 S next season -- to back up and eventually replace John Lynch.

            The problem of course is that John Lynch's leadership on the field is not so easily replaced.

            All the idiots saying "they should cut Lynch, he's lost a step" obviously haven't been paying attention this year. The defense got a LOT worse without him in there -- especially during the Detroit game.

            We better hope Lynch returns next season, because losing him has about the same effect on the defense that losing Al Wilson had this year.

            You can replace a veteran with a young player, but you can't replace that leadership and knowledge -- not until those young players gather more experience for themselves.

            And even then Lynch is a multi-year pro-bowl player and team co-captain. He's a very rare player. You probably couldn't replace that kind of guy even if you had the #1 pick of the draft next year -- there just isn't a player like Lynch in every draft -- certainly not at the Safety position and even many promising athletes don't go on to have the kind of career he has.

            Lynch is like Rod Smith. His leaving the Broncos will leave a huge hole that talent alone will not fill.
            I agree and disagree. I agree that Lynch is still an important part of the defense. However, I think he can be replaced. The problem is finding an adequate replacement. It would be hard to find but isnt impossible. If I had to make the decision I would replace Lynch. Not because of his play but because of his injuries. I dont think He can play a full season

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by AlecRaenos View Post
              I dont know if Hamza is going to replace Ferguson or not. What I do know is that Hamza couldn't beat out two old men at Safety in training camp. Honestly, he isnt doing something right, because if he was he would most certainly be starting regardless of injury status to our old timers Lynch and/or Ferguson.

              I would not be so quick to jump on the bandwagon for a guy that hasnt beaten anyone out of a starting spot, only got there due to injury. That is a concern, not a boon.

              No offense intended for Hamza, Nick or John.
              Don't forget Hamza had his own injury early in the year (first game, or preseason?). I firmly believe that is why he hasn't started before now. I'm sure he would have been in there instead of Fergy had he not hurt his hip.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                Don't forget Hamza had his own injury early in the year (first game, or preseason?). I firmly believe that is why he hasn't started before now. I'm sure he would have been in there instead of Fergy had he not hurt his hip.
                Good point, you might be right. I thought Hamza looked good in the off season.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by iawhonda View Post
                  Hamza FS and Lynch SS for the rest of the season. Then draft or aquire for SS next year.
                  Hire Lynch as DB coach.
                  Sorry Fergie, you aint gettin it done!
                  I was reading Mondays Denver Post and Abdullah ALREADY has taken Fergusons spot. The only reason Ferguson was playing is because Lynch was hurt. I can't remember who exactly was talking about this (Shanahan I think) but it looks like our starters will be Lynch and Abdullah. If anyone has yesterdays paper, check out the 3rd page of the football section and you can read all about it.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by bleedbluorange View Post
                    I agree and disagree. I agree that Lynch is still an important part of the defense. However, I think he can be replaced. The problem is finding an adequate replacement. It would be hard to find but isnt impossible. If I had to make the decision I would replace Lynch. Not because of his play but because of his injuries. I dont think He can play a full season
                    Lynch will most likely retire in the next year or two anyway. As for injuries he's had one major injury his entire career and that was his neck during the '03 season. Injuries are usually not a problem for him and he can still play a full season. By the way it's not that he can be replaced it's that he must be replaced after we lose him. Which like you said will definitely be difficult to do.


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      John Lynch

                      Originally posted by bleedbluorange View Post
                      I agree and disagree. I agree that Lynch is still an important part of the defense. However, I think he can be replaced. The problem is finding an adequate replacement. It would be hard to find but isnt impossible. If I had to make the decision I would replace Lynch. Not because of his play but because of his injuries. I dont think He can play a full season
                      Even if healthy, I would be looking for a replacement for Lynch. His strength and contributions are best against the run. However, he has been a huge liability against the pass, especially the deep pass in cover two situations. He just cant keep up.

                      At this point, i would love to see the Broncos draft a safety in the top two rounds. Sometimes a young physical safety can bring the rest of the D up i.e. Polamalu or Bob Sanders. I would rather take rookie mistakes and the upside than a player who has a 2 year time horizon at best.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
                        fergie doesn't play with heart imo.

                        I love Hamza....the guy is hungry.
                        now i'm hungry for ham
                        Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.


                        Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                        Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Nick Ferguson has been a quite contributor, but now I've started to notice that he isn't himself after his injury last season. Maybe it's hampering him - but then again, ALL DBS GET BEAT 1 OUT OF 3 TIMES.

                          Abdullah really impressed me, fighting for a starting spot. That's how all backups should play. I wouldn't mind him starting now.

                          Only thing he can't do is catch. HAH!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Didn't I start this already

                            Man I was lobbying for this before he got on the field this year. LOL


                            Originally posted by dodgehunter13 View Post
                            Ferguson has had a solid career and you can't take that away from him, but other than his leadership ability to make the big hit, he is just an average safety now. DJ Williams has been finally taking the leadership reigns anyways.

                            Don't get me wrong, Ferguson is usually all over the field, but Abdullah was exactly where he needed to be on many plays, whereas Ferguson is there but is in slow persuit a great deal of the time, or just pushing the guy out of bounds after a catch. Ferguson is always getting beat in coverage, and you can throw in all the stats you want, but that just means you don't watch the games.

                            Hamza Abdullah almost had 2 inteceptions, and 2 of his tipped passes allowed Bly and Paymah to get the pick. Ferguson never tips passes because that is just not the type of player he is, and he just doesn't have the speed or coverage skills to put himself in that position.

                            Abdullah can do it all, he was great against the pass and he did very well in run support, which is basically the only ability Ferguson has left. You can see vast improvement in the kid as he is getting more comfortable with his role in the defense, and he is still getting better.

                            No disrespect to Nick Ferguson, he will go down as a valuabe player in Broncos history, but Hamza Abdullah should earn himself the job soon.

                            If it's a youth movement, then let the youth play.
                            "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Ferguson not starting?

                              Lynch is out til further notice, so Abdullah starts in his place....Meaning Ferguson HAS to start.

                              And movement that results in Foxworth playing at safety should be banned......

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Sorry Fergie

                                While i like Fergie i have a really hard time not rooting for Hamza simply because he has paid his dues and really looks like he wants it...and it has been a while since we have had this kind of potential at the S position, the fact is that in the games he's played he has been all over the ball no matter where it has gone...is it just me or is the guy a textbook example of a BALL-HAWKING safety??? but the ability that he has shown to have is anything but textbook...the guy flies around the field with wild abandonment just looking for someone to hit (much like a young John Lynch) which is something that our secondary has lacked for a long time...i say give him his shot and see what he can do, because fergie has shown inconsistency and at this point in the season thats the last thing that we need. If we can sure up the position that will help our defense in the short term as well as the long haul...so rock on Hamza here is your shot to us all out

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X