Shannahan on a little of everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannahan on a little of everything.

A couple quotes from Shannahan during mondays press confrence..

About Travis Henry........

1:32 P.M. MST: Shanahan said that if Henry’s test was positive, he would not be on the football team. “We’ll let due process take care of itself … but if the test was positive, after what he promised me, he would not be on this football team.”

1:33 P.M. MST: Shanahan said that a hair sample on Henry came back negative, and that he underwent a lie-detector test. “If he tested positive after the commitment he made to me, he would not be with this team,” Shanahan said.

On wether or not Abdullah would be starting on Monday night....

1:36 P.M. MST: Said he thought Hamza Abdullah and Domonique Foxworth would provide more range in the passing game … and when asked whether Abdullah would stay in the lineup, Shanahan said, “You’ll have to see Monday night.”

asked about Vinatieris missed FG.........

1:37 P.M. MST: When asked whether he watched Adam Vinatieri’s missed field-goal attempt, Shanahan asked, “Which one?”

On weather Javon will be back on Monday night.....

1:38 P.M. MST: Said that Javon Walker is probably a “long shot” to play next Monday … “He’s got to get extra reps during the week” … “I’m keeping my fingers crossed.” … “We’ll just have to wait and see … I don’t think it’ll be good for Monday night.”
    Last edited by cadencesdad; 11-12-2007, 01:49 PM.

Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
    A couple quotes from Shannahan during mondays press confrence..

About Travis Henry........

1:32 P.M. MST: Shanahan said that if Henry’s test was positive, he would not be on the football team. “We’ll let due process take care of itself … but if the test was positive, after what he promised me, he would not be on this football team.”

1:33 P.M. MST: Shanahan said that a hair sample on Henry came back negative, and that he underwent a lie-detector test. “If he tested positive after the commitment he made to me, he would not be with this team,” Shanahan said.

On wether or not Abdullah would be starting on Monday night....

1:36 P.M. MST: Said he thought Hamza Abdullah and Domonique Foxworth would provide more range in the passing game … and when asked whether Abdullah would stay in the lineup, Shanahan said, “You’ll have to see Monday night.”

asked about Vinatieris missed FG.........

1:37 P.M. MST: When asked whether he watched Adam Vinatieri’s missed field-goal attempt, Shanahan asked, “Which one?”

On weather Javon will be back on Monday night.....

1:38 P.M. MST: Said that Javon Walker is probably a “long shot” to play next Monday … “He’s got to get extra reps during the week” … “I’m keeping my fingers crossed.” … “We’ll just have to wait and see … I don’t think it’ll be good for Monday night.”
    Crap.

Crap crap crap crap.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Ok.... now that I got that out of me...

Thanks for the post.
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Good info, though not what I wanted to hear about Javon.

Comment

Good news

Good news about Henry, if the hair came back negative, and he passed the lie detector, I've got a little more faith in him. If not, Shanny will handle his business like he should.

Comment

I heard on the radio that Henry missed the appointment in NY to get tested and that automatically defaults you to a postive. The only way to prove different is a hair sample which they said is 100 % accurate if it is negative then Henry did not do the drugs.

That is just what I heard.

----------------------------------------------
            I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if we just had the whole Henry issue done and answered. I'm sick of it hanging over our season.
              Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
                I heard on the radio that Henry missed the appointment in NY to get tested and that automatically defaults you to a postive. The only way to prove different is a hair sample which they said is 100 % accurate if it is negative then Henry did not do the drugs.

That is just what I heard.
                Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Monday that he believes standout running back Travis Henry has a strong chance to win his appeal with the NFL over a drug suspension, based on independent tests Henry has conducted.

Shanahan said Henry had multiple hair-sample and lie-detector tests that all showed he had no marijuana in his system.

Henry's appeal with the league is set to be discussed Friday in Phoenix. It's expected that the earliest a decision on the appeal will be made is Nov. 20. That gives Henry at least one more game with the Broncos.

Shanahan said if the independent tests Henry had taken this fall had come back positive, he wouldn't be with the team. And that is why the Broncos are supporting Henry, Shanahan said.

Henry tested positive for marijuana use in an August test and faces a one-year ban by the league if he loses his appeal. Henry also has a federal lawsuit pending against the NFL. That lawsuit is currently moving through the court process in New York.

But if Henry loses the NFL appeal, he likely would start his suspension immediately.
                From the post

Comment

It would be nice, Gem, no doubt.

I'm sad to hear about Walker. I was hoping he was coming along better. The nice thing is, as young as Marshall is, he's stepped up and made things happen.

Interesting about the hair sample, though. Its actually a better indicator than a urine sample. Gives more of a history.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                    It would be nice, Gem, no doubt.

I'm sad to hear about Walker. I was hoping he was coming along better. The nice thing is, as young as Marshall is, he's stepped up and made things happen.

Interesting about the hair sample, though. Its actually a better indicator than a urine sample. Gives more of a history.
                    The hair sample gives you a lot better timeline. If he has no traces in the hair, that shows he hasn't been doing them any time in the near past and further out. A heck of a lot more reliable than a urine test. Heck, if you drink too much water before a urine test, they call it a dilluted positive.
                    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Shanny with the burn

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post
                        Shanny with the burn

<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                        X