• Henry Probably will be cleared???

WOW!!

http://www.gazette.com/sports/henry_...ahan_test.html

Shanahan: Henry probably will be cleared
    Comments 0| Recommend 0
    By FRANK SCHWAB
    THE GAZETTE
    November 12, 2007 - 2:18PM

ENGLEWOOD – Speaking in detail for the first time about running back Travis Henry’s looming suspension, Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said he thought Henry would get a fair shake in his appeal Friday, and he believes Henry will be cleared by the NFL.

Henry failed a urine test for marijuana and was informed in September he faced a one-year suspension. But Shanahan said Henry told him he submitted a hair sample for testing and did well on a lie detector test.

“If Travis took a test and we knew he was positive after what he promised me, he wouldn’t be with our football team,” Shanahan said.

Henry’s appeal will be Friday in Arizona.

“If a suspension is appealed to the league, the commissioner has the final say,” NFL spokesman Corry Rush said, referring to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Shanahan said it is very unlikely a ruling would be made before next Monday night’s game against Tennessee. Even though the NFL passes out the suspension and then hears the appeal, he thought Henry would be treated fairly.

“The commissioner is going to give him a fair shake,” Shanahan said. “He’s going to listen to all the facts, survey it and make a decision. Knowing our commissioner, he’ll definitely give him a fair shake.”

As for Henry’s knee injury, which kept him out of Sunday’s game against Kansas City, Shanahan said Henry’s knee is still swollen and he will get a MRI as a precaution. Shanahan said Henry was feeling better by Saturday, but Shanahan held him out of Sunday’s game because he missed practice most of the week.

“We’ll just have to wait and see how he is,” Shanahan said.

This is good news. Now if only he can get healthy!!

Comment

yeah, i just got a text from cbs saying he passed the lie detector test and his hair sample tested negative for marijuana.

i'm not sure how to feel about this. he's a great running back, but still a lowlife (9 kids), and with the showing of selvin the last couple weeks, i was kind of hoping for a reason to be rid of travis. i hope if he is cleared that selvin gets his fair share of the carries even if travis takes back the starting spot.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
      We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Do you think shanny will keep him?

I ask this because he can cause problems in the future, and I don't know if shanny wants to risk it.

Shanny speaks very highly of Young, and may start him over young, and trade Henry for a position we need to fix.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24 View Post
          yeah, i just got a text from cbs saying he passed the lie detector test and his hair sample tested negative for marijuana.

i'm not sure how to feel about this. he's a great running back, but still a lowlife (9 kids), and with the showing of selvin the last couple weeks, i was kind of hoping for a reason to be rid of travis. i hope if he is cleared that selvin gets his fair share of the carries even if travis takes back the starting spot.
          Nice to see you again talking thumb guy, have not seen you in a while.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24 View Post

There's nothing wrong with nine kids. As long as it doesn't come from nine different women

Comment

I don't wish anything bad to happen to Henry. Plain and simple I just like Selvin Young better as a player and a person.

If he does get out of all this mess more power to him and I will be behind him 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Combo1985 View Post
                There's nothing wrong with nine kids. As long as it doesn't come from nine different women
                Yeah it's not like we have a population problem in the world or anything.
                Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

I hope he wins the appeal. At least then he's worth something this off-season, on the chance that we do trade him.

No team wants to trade for a suspended player. We'd be stuck with him for at least a year if he's suspended.

I say let Selvin start for the next couple games, let Henry rest, and get some sort of an evaluation on Selvin. Henrys durability is seeming to be an issue.

Comment

I'm not an expert on this tuff, but I do know that lie detectors are impossible to pass unless you are nuts-clinically. BUT the real question is...what was the exact questions asked to TH while taking the test. We'll never know I'm sure.

I'm just asking the question of what questions were asked because -let's not be ignorant here-we have invested a lot of $ in the guy, having a suspened player really stinks when trading him, and we would have egg on our face if he didn't pass for whatever reason (which would be leaked info I'm sure) and the NFL went on to clear him.

The whole business side of this just makes me "ify".

As far as the hair sample. I don't know how it works and it seems there are 50 different answers in other threads and everyones an expert. Also, is it that far fetched it wasn't even TH's hair? I mean, I'm sure these guys give fake unrine samples. Why not hair? Yeah, there is more DNA in hair then urine I would assume, but I'm not sure.

But I do know there is more then one way to skin a cat...

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                      Yeah it's not like we have a population problem in the world or anything.
                      Take a drive through Wyoming...
                      sigpic

Check out my clothing company: Dayzend Apparel
                      www.dayzend.net

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
                        I'm not an expert on this tuff, but I do know that lie detectors are impossible to pass unless you are nuts-clinically. BUT the real question is...what was the exact questions asked to TH while taking the test. We'll never know I'm sure.

I'm just asking the question of what questions were asked because -let's not be ignorant here-we have invested a lot of $ in the guy, having a suspened player really stinks when trading him, and we would have egg on our face if he didn't pass for whatever reason (which would be leaked info I'm sure) and the NFL went on to clear him.

The whole business side of this just makes me "ify".

As far as the hair sample. I don't know how it works and it seems there are 50 different answers in other threads and everyones an expert. Also, is it that far fetched it wasn't even TH's hair? I mean, I'm sure these guys give fake unrine samples. Why not hair? Yeah, there is more DNA in hair then urine I would assume, but I'm not sure.

But I do know there is more then one way to skin a cat...
                        A pathalogical liar could do it. They say its all about controlling your responses to be consistant. I cant remember but i read a article on this when shanny gave Kircus one. ill see if i can find it.
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7442746

Shanahan backs Henry in appeal

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Monday that he believes standout running back Travis Henry has a strong chance to win his appeal with the NFL over a drug suspension, based on independent tests Henry has conducted.

Shanahan said Henry had multiple hair-sample and lie-detector tests that all showed he had no marijuana in his system.

Henry's appeal with the league is set to be discussed Friday in Phoenix. It's expected that the earliest a decision on the appeal will be made is Nov. 20. That gives Henry at least one more game with the Broncos.

Shanahan said if the independent tests Henry had taken this fall had come back positive, he wouldn't be with the team. And that is why the Broncos are supporting Henry, Shanahan said.

Henry tested positive for marijuana use in an August test and faces a one-year ban by the league if he loses his appeal. Henry also has a federal lawsuit pending against the NFL. That lawsuit is currently moving through the court process in New York.

But if Henry loses the NFL appeal, he likely would start his suspension immediately.
                          So much for all you fools who kept arguing "Cut Henry Now! He's guilty!"
                          sigpic

Comment

if this is 110% true i am sorry for the things i said about henry we started off on the wrong foot lets start off freah next year

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                              http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7442746

So much for all you fools who kept arguing "Cut Henry Now! He's guilty!"
                              I agree, some did jump the gun on Henry. But you know this doesn't mean he's definately not guilty. Henry's independent tests are exactly that. Independent.

The league tested him, and it came back positive. The league has nothing to gain by Henry testing positive. I believe the league is actually more unbiased than the independent tester.

Hopefully the league will realize they made an error, or a "bad testing" and Henry will be cleared of all charges. By the NFL, as well as the fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X