Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

still think selvin should be # 1 back (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LarryDean
    replied
    I thought that Henry and Young was making a nice one two punch.

Over the last couple of weeks I have not been happy with Travis Henry.

Suspension looming,rib and poor performance and the Broncos losing five out of six games.

But if Travis Henry is able to play I think he should be the featured back.

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I say that we don't anoint Selvin anything yet. We saw this same type of 'craze' for Q as well. I like what I see from Selvin, but lets not hand him the keys without a better test drive.
    Griffen just did one cut and went up the middle most of the time. Young can get to the out side like Griffen only wishes he could. But I agree that we dont know where he will stand just yet. Plus unless im mistaken, Griffen had a better Oline that year.

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    As much as I'm beginning to like Selvin Young, we should try and salvage what we payed for with Travis Henry...sadly enough I would be more content with Ahman Green right now, not as good as back as Henry but wouldnt have come with the amount of baggage( 9 kids and weed). Ray Rice anyone?
    Maybe we should have traded for Donald Driver too. That would been sweet. jk of course.

Besides we had too many Cheese heads at the Green Bay / Denver game. We don't want to confuse them on who they should be rooting for. Not to mention the one lost soul who posts on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I say that we don't anoint Selvin anything yet. We saw this same type of 'craze' for Q as well. I like what I see from Selvin, but lets not hand him the keys without a better test drive.

Leave a comment:

• Chidoze
    replied
    Originally posted by dodgehunter13 View Post
    I'm suprised there aren't more people saying how easy it is to cheat a lie detector test considering it was the big discussion when Kircus got away with it.

Henry is a power back, nothing more. In what Selvin lacks in power (something that is not necessarily needed to succeed in the NFL), he makes up in speed, elusiveness, and IMO most importantly, Selvin has HEART, something Henry seems to lack. Henry gets hurt every other play and takes himself off the field, Selvin is smaller and puts much more effort in. He took a big shot against the Chiefs and instead of running off the field like Henry, he got right back in the huddle.

Selvin Young deserves the starting job.
    I dont know if he deserves the starting job....but I'm impressed with him and am glad we have him.

That wasnt the case a few weeks ago, I didnt know what everyone else saw in him.

Leave a comment:

• dodgehunter13
    replied
    Please Shanahan Don't Fall For Henry's BS

I'm suprised there aren't more people saying how easy it is to cheat a lie detector test considering it was the big discussion when Kircus got away with it.

Henry is a power back, nothing more. In what Selvin lacks in power (something that is not necessarily needed to succeed in the NFL), he makes up in speed, elusiveness, and IMO most importantly, Selvin has HEART, something Henry seems to lack. Henry gets hurt every other play and takes himself off the field, Selvin is smaller and puts much more effort in. He took a big shot against the Chiefs and instead of running off the field like Henry, he got right back in the huddle.

Selvin Young deserves the starting job.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Sounds Good!

Originally posted by crazybronco View Post
    i think selvin should be # 1 and henry should go in for goaline/third down back. selvin gets those big yard gains with his speed travis brakes one tackle and is too slow to get past the 2nd or 3rd level
    I agree. One thing I noticed this year with Selvin that I would like to see him stop doing is "sometimes" as he's running and a defensive player is about to engage him, he does a little tap dance, almost as if he's taking a second to decide if he wants to go left, right or straight ahead. It allows the D-players to close in for the kill a little faster. I love how Selvin is getting better and better with his sharp cuts to avoid trouble. Reminds me of Terrell Davis a little. Looks good and is effective. Selvin really didn't do any of this stutter stepping in the KC game that I noticed. Progressing nicely. I really like this young man.

Leave a comment:

• since1977
    replied
    i think selvin should be # 1 and henry should go in for goaline/third down back. selvin gets those big yard gains with his speed travis brakes one tackle and is too slow to get past the 2nd or 3rd level
    Yeah, and that would free up T. Henry to start serving his suspension now on a year that's a waste, plus we'd see how good Selvin really is over the stretch.

He's definitely smarter than Henry. Who goes anywhere near pot when his career is on the line w/one more violation? I think he'll be a repeat of Darryl Strawberry. Might as well move on to a guy like Young who's proving he can do pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    As much as I'm beginning to like Selvin Young, we should try and salvage what we payed for with Travis Henry...sadly enough I would be more content with Ahman Green right now, not as good as back as Henry but wouldnt have come with the amount of baggage( 9 kids and weed). Ray Rice anyone?

Leave a comment:

• crazybronco
    replied
    Originally posted by dlewis76 View Post
    Selvin is a better third down and long back due to the fact that he can catch the ball better than T.H. You are right about third and short though.
    thats true who is a better pass blocker? proably henry

Leave a comment:

• dlewis76
    replied
    Selvin is a better third down and long back due to the fact that he can catch the ball better than T.H. You are right about third and short though.

Leave a comment:

• Broncofan1990
    replied
    exactly

i think i said a while back that Young and Henry would be a great two headed monster

but kudos too you we should put in young in and when we are in the 15 put in henry

Leave a comment:

• showtime24
    replied
    It's not gonna happen I guess all you can hope for is Henry to be suspended.

Leave a comment:

• crazybronco
    started a topic still think selvin should be # 1 back (Merged)

still think selvin should be # 1 back (Merged)

Working...
X