Elvis is top 6-8 DE's in the NFL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvis is top 6-8 DE's in the NFL!

hE HAS 16.5 SACKS IN JUST 22 GAMES AND ONLY 9 STARTS. WOW!

wow wow we wow
    i knew he had good numbers but not that good!
    that's insane!

Comment

Yes he is a freak! I say he has a shot at Defensive player of the year if he continues at this pace this year.

8 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recover, & 3 pass deflected so far!
      sigpic

Comment

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

Elvis has shown the ability to rush the passer and make plays. That makes him a good player, but it doesn't mean he's one of the league's best, yet.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
          I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

Elvis has shown the ability to rush the passer and make plays. That makes him a good player, but it doesn't mean he's one of the league's best, yet.
          So having some of the best #'s in the league doesn't mean your one of the better players?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            Yes he is a freak! I say he has a shot at Defensive player of the year if he continues at this pace this year.

and a pick

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

Don't forget his interception against Oakland

Comment

^^^ Dumervilles a stud no doubt but he needs to get better defending the run in order become a premier all around end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                  Don't forget his interception against Oakland
                  Ah yes how could i forget that? He is gonna have a great future.
                  sigpic

Comment

but first we must trade him!

because he asks for (more)money.

Comment

He's a good player, maybe a top 6-8 player among pure RE's, but it's a bit of an exaggeration to call him a top 6-8 DE IMO. I can sure think of 6 or 8 other DE's that I'd rather have (much rather, in some instances), and that's not a knock at all (in case you needed to have that clarified).

The reality of the situation is that Elvis is one of the reasons our run defense has gone from solid to awful, but he's a great fit in Bates' scheme. I think it's fair to say that he isn't an asset against the run, which means he isn't a complete end. So no, I don't think he's a top 6 or 8 DE.

But that's fine. Make the fixes elsewhere because we have a 23 year old on a 4th rounder's salary who's producing like an elite pass rusher.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco View Post
                        He's a good player, maybe a top 6-8 player among pure RE's, but it's a bit of an exaggeration to call him a top 6-8 DE IMO. I can sure think of 6 or 8 other DE's that I'd rather have (much rather, in some instances), and that's not a knock at all (in case you needed to have that clarified).

The reality of the situation is that Elvis is one of the reasons our run defense has gone from solid to awful, but he's a great fit in Bates' scheme. I think it's fair to say that he isn't an asset against the run, which means he isn't a complete end. So no, I don't think he's a top 6 or 8 DE.

But that's fine. Make the fixes elsewhere because we have a 23 year old on a 4th rounder's salary who's producing like an elite pass rusher.
                        This whole thing about him being bad against the run is totally overblown. He isn't spectacular against the run, but he isn't terrible. I've made a point of watching him on running plays, and I just don't see that he's as bad as many claim. The problem with our run defense is the result of poor play at DT and poor tackling all around with Dumervil no more to blame than the other DEs on the team.

By the way, I firmly believe that Dumervil is the best pure pass-rusher in league right now bar none.
                        Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                          By the way, I firmly believe that Dumervil is the best pure pass-rusher in league right now bar none.

Dwight Freeny would like to have a work with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybass View Post
                            Dwight Freeny would like to have a work with you.
                            The same Dwight Freeney who has a total of 9 sacks in his last 25 games? What exactly can he say about it? Jared Allen might have a justifiable beef with what I said or maybe Merriman, but Freeney hasn't done jack in quite a while.
                            Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                              This whole thing about him being bad against the run is totally overblown. He isn't spectacular against the run, but he isn't terrible. I've made a point of watching him on running plays, and I just don't see that he's as bad as many claim. The problem with our run defense is the result of poor play at DT and poor tackling all around with Dumervil no more to blame than the other DEs on the team.
                              Did I single Elvis out for total blame or did I include him as one of many causes?

He's undersized. He gets bulldozed and completely blown away at times. That's to be expected. He's not going to hold up the way guys like Courtney Brown and Ekuban did when our run defense was one of the best--there's obviously a trade-off. Our current run defense, by the way, is statistically better than league average on the interior while our ends are below (right side just below, left side close to league worst).

It's a product of the new scheme and it comes with the territory of being an undersized end.

Comment

Working...
                              X