Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Live Crew predicts Denver to win AFC West! (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Live Crew predicts Denver to win AFC West! (Merged)

Just found it funny that they predict us to win AFC west after what has gone on.....

Basically they said, S. Young will step in just fine, and once J. Walker is back watch what Cutler can do with him....they also said the chargers stink and cant score....LOL
    Born and raised on Broncos football! 27 and counting....

NFL Live guys pick Broncos to win the West

Shaun King and Mark Schlereth both just picked the Broncos to win the AFC West.

Shaun mostly credited Selving Young stepping up, regardless of what happens to Henry and his suspension.

Stink said it was because of the quarterbacks. He said he had no faith in Rivers but thought Cutler had become a good quarterback, with a rocket arm and making mostly good decisions.

I don't trust these guys' opinions more than any other "analysts" but I found it interesting that both went with Denver despite the Chargers just beating the Colts and the fact that we still have to play in San Diego. Oh, and the fact that the Broncos have been the model of inconsistency so far this season.

What do you think about their picks? They seem more optimistic for the Broncos' chances than do most fans here on the boards.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
      Shaun King and Mark Schlereth both just picked the Broncos to win the AFC West.

Shaun mostly credited Selving Young stepping up, regardless of what happens to Henry and his suspension.

Stink said it was because of the quarterbacks. He said he had no faith in Rivers but thought Cutler had become a good quarterback, with a rocket arm and making mostly good decisions.

I don't trust these guys' opinions more than any other "analysts" but I found it interesting that both went with Denver despite the Chargers just beating the Colts and the fact that we still have to play in San Diego. Oh, and the fact that the Broncos have been the model of inconsistency so far this season.

What do you think about their picks? They seem more optimistic for the Broncos' chances than do most fans here on the boards.
      Next week they will pile on. Stink has been pretty critical of us this year and deservedly so.

Until we beat SD after getting pasted in our last two matchups, they are the favorites to win the division.

Comment

Wow, I don't know about that.

We still have to play SD in SD. They are fully capable of beating our asses, regardless of any previous inconsistentcies.

Comment

I was surprised that they picked us to win the west. We do have a weaker schedule than the Chargers and Chiefs, and I think that gives us the advantage. If the Broncos play their cards right we could be on top of the west.

Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM. :salute:

Comment

I try not to pay attention to the "casual fans" that show up on the boards and call for shanny's head after a loss etc....

After seeing how we have faired against Pitt., KC etc since the bye week when we supposedly changed schemes I believe it will be a whole different ball game come Christmas eve...and I also believe as we get healthier who knows what injuries SD will have but as they sit now, they are awful on offense....Rivers stinks, shut down LT, and cover Gates on 3rd down and you got em pinned down....

We will win the west......!
            Born and raised on Broncos football! 27 and counting....

Comment

Originally posted by #7Forever View Post
              I try not to pay attention to the "casual fans" that show up on the boards and call for shanny's head after a loss etc....

After seeing how we have faired against Pitt., KC etc since the bye week when we supposedly changed schemes I believe it will be a whole different ball game come Christmas eve...and I also believe as we get healthier who knows what injuries SD will have but as they sit now, they are awful on offense....Rivers stinks, shut down LT, and cover Gates on 3rd down and you got em pinned down....

We will win the west......!
              The problem is that we cant cover TEs without triple teaming them.

Ever since we released Sam Brandon we have been horrible against TEs for the most part this year.

Comment

Wow, that’s pretty shocking, that anyone in the media would pick Denver to win the AFC West.

SD did beat Indy – but they did not look good in doing so.

With 6 picks, 2 special teams scores, 2 missed FG’s by Indy, at home, and they only won by 2 points. Think about that. 2 points. And Indy was in the same position Denver has been in much of the year, playing 2nd & 3rd stringers. That should have been a major blowout by the Chargers, but they barely escaped with a win.

Denver has had a few stinkers this year to be sure, but the team may be starting to come together. Obviously some key players are out for the season, but if the Broncos can stay healthy, and if Walker can come back and stay healthy, I don’t see why Denver can’t make a run at the AFC West.

While losses at the beginning of the season definitely hurt in the standings, getting healthy and hot at the right time can do wonders (See 2005 Steelers).

I see 2 major advantages the Broncos have over the AFC West –

1 (and most important) – coaching. Shanahan > Turner. That is a HUGE advantage.
                2 – QB. Cutler > Rivers.

SD has more talent top to bottom to be sure, but I think Denver trumps that with greater talent at the two most important positions, Coaching and QB play.

Now another or a few more key injuries blows this all out of the water of course.

Go Broncos!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlecRaenos View Post

Ever since we released Sam Brandon we have been horrible against TEs for the most part this year.
                  I was looking at nfl.com and Gates stats...the best way to neutralize Gates, amazingly, is to score lots of points and score them quickly.

vs. Houston, 3 catches 92 yards, 2 TD...W
                  vs. Min , 1 catch, 10 yards...L
                  vs. Colts, 3 catches, 26 yards...W

vs. Denver he had 113 yards. yuk.

For whatever reason, Gates is not being used. Is it because of the offense, or because Rivers has regressed under Norvals scheme? The one that blows me away is the 1 catch in the MN game. How could you not use him? Their pass D is not that great...

Either way, if that continues, and SD offense doesnt score (which seems hard to believe, since they blew us out so badly in week 5), and Denver gets more consistant in playing...we could take the West.
                  I'd be amazed, but it could happen. There is still a lot of football left to be played. Anything can happen.

You also have to keep in mind, we kept Gonzo in check last weekend...I think he had a couple of catches for around 20 yards. Our defense continues to ball hawk, especially with the way Rivers is thowing....
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by AlecRaenos View Post

Tony Gonzales was pretty much a non-factor last Sunday. That’s improvement.

Comment

I was going to start a thread about that as well but I knew it would just get merged.

I saw them both say that and was shocked
                      But I agree with them as you all know so its not as surprising. The surprising part is seeing them actually pick us.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                        I was going to start a thread about that as well but I knew it would just get merged.

I saw them both say that and was shocked
                        But I agree with them as you all know so its not as surprising. The surprising part is seeing them actually pick us.
                        Thank you for thinking of us little ole' mods!

I thought of you when I read this...oh! JC4MVP!!! will like to hear this...it fits right in with his #2 seed theory!
                        sigpic
                        Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                        -Sean Payton

Comment

Although anything can still happen, I'm thinking these prediction experts should put down the crack pipe.

That or smoke some more.

We have a pretty rough schedule coming up IMO with the Bolts being the main hurdle as far as the division goes.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                            Thank you for thinking of us little ole' mods! :s

:l I thought of you when I read this...oh! JC4MVP!!! will like to hear this...it fits right in with his #2 seed theory!

I'm always thinking of the Mods.

and @ my #2 seed theory.
                            I guess I think of the Mods and you think of me?
                            Good stuff.

I wish I was one of the NFL Analysts. I would show them who is really the craziest of them all. I bet no one(outside of Denver fans.. Or maybe just myself?) is even thinking of Denver getting the 2 seed.

One of my buddies calls me John Clayton because he says i always act like I know everything
                            It could be just the fact that I always end up right when me and him end up discussing football.

But Its nice to see people talking about Denver.
                            Even around the horn was talking about Shannahan just now.

Comment

The Jags are gonna kill the Chargers. Their front seven especially front 4 will stuff LT, and Gates will be doubles with Nelson and someone. Then Rivers will keep forcing it to Gates and choke as he sux.

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
                              2) Devin Thomas
                              4) Frank Okam
                              4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
                              2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
                              4) Frank Okam
                              4) Beau Bell

Comment

Working...
                              X