Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post game rants---Bears

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i think the communists are to blame...

    :2cents:

    sigpic

    Comment


    • I expect some official news that referees made error. There were other factors contributing to the Broncos loss and to me, that Chicago TD catch was BS. I missed the official explanation not having the ruling overturned. All NFL catches require two feet anywhere just to possess! It is similar to Tony Gonzales's catch in the endzone boundary in '97 AFC playoff game and the inability to overturn the ruling bewildered me.

      Originally posted by rev_rock View Post
      I agree that is was a nit-picky call. Chicago was playing pretty dirty the entire game.

      Why isn't anyone questioning the NFL's inconsistent pass reception rules? Why must a receiver get both feet in bounds for a completion, yet only have to fall on a knee to get the catch? Witness Chicago's game tying TD. If the receiver would have been on his feet, he would have had to have both feet down in bounds to make that TD. Seems that the thing to do is fall down when you're in the endzone, so that a catch is made. If the league is going to keep a rule like "one knee equals two feet" (as John Madden puts it), then they need to enact the college one foot rule for completions. This just doesn't make sense to me.

      The league makes up stupid new rules every year. You'd think that they could make some good changes once in a while.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by #28 View Post
        I was going to start a thread entitled simply "DA REFS", but then I saw this.

        I'm angry and bitter today not because we 'lost', but because we WON and were ROBBED of it.

        You CANNOT call that kind of penalty in that situation unless its blatant, and Bly's touch was NOT. He barely touched the guy on the shoulder, what the hell is going on here?!?!

        Now more than ever, I am in full support of a coaches challenge flag for penalties: ONE challenge per game, and only one, seems fair to me. There are too many games that end because of some fat idiot ref's bad call to allow this anymore. These pricks need to be held accountable for the calls they make.

        NOTHING will ever convince me that Chicago was the better team yesterday, because they were NOT. They have ONE dangerous player that we underestimated. They were saved IN CHICAGO by refs who may be from Chicago, in the 4th quarter, on a FAILED FOURTH DOWN CONVERSION.

        We were ROBBED. Plain and simple.
        Sorry, it was us that ROBBED us not the Refs. Yes, that was a tic tac call and was child's play compared to the missed call on Schef's great catch. The reason we lost that game was because Shanahan made the biggest tactical blunder of his career. Kicking to Devon Hester!!! Twice!!! Apparently he missed the memo that went out to head coaches about not being so foolish as to kick to that man. That's 14 points. The most they get out of those possessions is 6 points, the way they were moving the ball, if you just kick it out of bounds and give them the ball on the 40.

        Shanahan's a great coach, but I can't blame this loss on anyone but him. He has to take responsibility for a huge tactical blunder. If he or anyone else points fingers elsewhere, they are fooling themselves in my opinion. 14 points people...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Darkman View Post
          I expect some official news that referees made error. There were other factors contributing to the Broncos loss and to me, that Chicago TD catch was BS. I missed the official explanation not having the ruling overturned. All NFL catches require two feet anywhere just to possess! It is similar to Tony Gonzales's catch in the endzone boundary in '97 AFC playoff game and the inability to overturn the ruling bewildered me.
          Sorry, man, and I feel your pain, but that TD was a catch. One knee (or elbow) equals two feet as long as the knee touches before a part of the body or ball touches out of bounds. It sucks, but it was a legit catch.
          "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

          -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

          Comment


          • Was pumped to see him in there, then stood shaking my head after the fumble!!!! Lack of carries this year along with a cold wet ball and a nice hit didn't bode well for him.....


            Am still supportive of him and will root for him!!!!





            Cause did anybody see his hit on Special Teams early in the game??????





            PEACE!!!





            Comment


            • I hate mike bell. he sucks

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
                I hate mike bell. he sucks

                What an addition to the discussion......




                PEACE!!!





                Comment


                • I seriously don't understand the obsession with 3rd string caliber RB's on here.

                  Bell played well when called upon, but he's hardly more the roster fodder. If it isn't Bell, it's someone else.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                    I seriously don't understand the obsession with 3rd string caliber RB's on here.

                    Bell played well when called upon, but he's hardly more the roster fodder. If it isn't Bell, it's someone else.
                    I think people are so used to seeing all these "nobody" athletes succeed in the system that they think any third or fourth string will be a god.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                      I think people are so used to seeing all these "nobody" athletes succeed in the system that they think any third or fourth string will be a god.
                      No kidding. While they make great feely-good stories, and I am glad to see these RB's step up when called upon, I would really like to see Henry get healthy.

                      Look at what the good RB's have done here. TD, Portis, they really did well. Henry was playing well before he got hurt.

                      Comment


                      • I feel for Mike Bell. I know the guy is trying, but dang! When you get a chance to be in a game, you dont fumble on the first play when you touch the ball! I dont see Mike Bell running the ball for the broncos any more after that stunt he pulled. I hope Young, Hall, and (mabey) Henry all heal up for the Raiders game. I dont care who we have in the back field.....just make sure it isnt Bell.

                        Comment


                        • Henry didn't show my anything but that he can be hurt easily........


                          You say Portis was good? I don't think so. What's he doing in Washington?

                          That's what make each individuals life fun....we can CHOOSE who we like. I didn't like Portis, don't like Henry and you don't like Bell.........


                          I never said he was gonna be the greatest........I like the guys story and what to root for him because of that! I like his drive and his willingness to inflict punishment while running.



                          I like to root for underdogs (shoot that's why I'm a Bronc's fan....hehe. J/K No hatemail please)





                          PEACE!!!





                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MindField View Post
                            Let me give you a ball and let YOU take that hit from Lance Briggs and see if you can hang onto it....Briggs' helmet was right on the ball, just a great play by a great defender.
                            Guess who is getting paid the big bucks to cover up the ball? That's right. Nobody on this board. He's not saying he's better than Mike, but he has a responsibility to HOLD onto the ball.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MindField View Post
                              Let me give you a ball and let YOU take that hit from Lance Briggs and see if you can hang onto it....Briggs' helmet was right on the ball, just a great play by a great defender.
                              Fair comment here. He did only have 1 fumble in over 150 carries last year. His second carrer fumble just came at a very bad time, but at least it only cost us 3.
                              It's not just football, its Broncos Football, there IS a difference!

                              God, why didn't I call Mr. Bowlen back?http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...kbl/jayjay.jpg

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
                                Henry didn't show my anything but that he can be hurt easily........


                                You say Portis was good? I don't think so. What's he doing in Washington?

                                That's what make each individuals life fun....we can CHOOSE who we like. I didn't like Portis, don't like Henry and you don't like Bell.........


                                I never said he was gonna be the greatest........I like the guys story and what to root for him because of that! I like his drive and his willingness to inflict punishment while running.



                                I like to root for underdogs (shoot that's why I'm a Bronc's fan....hehe. J/K No hatemail please)





                                PEACE!!!

                                I like Mike Bell and i know he is trying to get through in the NFL. He is very blessed to be in the NFL being undrafted and all. If mike so happens to get another chance at running the ball again, he should focus on holding onto the ball.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X