Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post game rants---Bears

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think there were a lot more positives out of this game than just one. Doom was playing unbelievable in the 3rd quarter. I watched him a lot in this game, and there were holds on him that weren't called. He is really developing into an excellent DE this year. Jay had a great game too, that INT was just a fluke play. Scheff, Marshall, Hall, Peterson all played well. This young team is making a lot of progress this year, whether our record shows it or not. I am hoping they can pull it all together here in the last 5 games and make the playoffs. You never know what can happen in January. Even if we don't get in, IMO this year has been very benifitial to these young guys.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Snake=Superbowl View Post
      I don't think we will see this team leave anything on the field no matter what our lead is now, at least it is a good wake up call for the entire broncos players and staff to always finish and play the same. LEt's hope this is a lesson to this team and we will finish every game out to the end strong and hard.
      Damn man! How many wake up calls do they NEED??? Especially this DEFENSE??? Remember Detroit? San Diego? They should be AWAKE already, after the 11th frigging game of ther season! Frustrating

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KyLewin View Post
        They also got three BIG points when Cutler fumbled (we recovered, but it was third down so we had to punt because of it). They got 14 BIG points when we kicked at Devin Hester (the first seven I can almost excuse, but after that you shouldn't be dumb enough to continue kicking to the man). Heck, you could argue that we missed out on a number of BIG points because Jay couldn't complete a pass to save his life (2-7 for 20 yards in the first quarter)...

        Incidentally, those three BIG points were given up by our defense after we had the Bears in 3 and 37 (out of their kicker's range) and then gave up a 17 yard completion because no one felt like trying to tackle the guy with the ball.

        I'm not saying the fumble wasn't bad, but it was hardly the worst play of the day and no matter how you try to spin it, it wasn't the difference maker any more than any other bad play we had.
        Yes i agree with you, I was just pointing out that 32n33 said it was just 3 points but had he not fumbled they probably don't score 3 points and we probably would have won. You are right it wasn't HUGE but it still its still bigger then what 32n33 described it. But its like any of the other things, if just one of them goes the other way we win. Oh well on to the Raiders!
        sigpic
        BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
          Damn man! How many wake up calls do they NEED??? Especially this DEFENSE??? Remember Detroit? San Diego? They should be AWAKE already, after the 11th frigging game of ther season! Frustrating
          Do you feel the defense played poorly against the Gummy Bears? Other than 4th quarter I thought they played great.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • I think he deserves another chance, especially if Henry is gonna be out.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by OrAnGe WiLk View Post
              Do you feel the defense played poorly against the Gummy Bears? Other than 4th quarter I thought they played great.
              The fourth quarter is when it matters most. Overall they played pretty good though, a couple bad calls though. Like when Hamza had the fumble and they called it back, as well as the pass interference on Bly. Those both led to giving the Bears a touchdown, one in the fact that we didn't get the touchdown, and the other that they made one. Of course we can't really make excuses but you can't really blame the defense. And the overtime play for 48 or so yards? That was just a bad play call, we were all stacked in the box like they were gonna run it on the first play of overtime with momentum at their backs. To be honest, thinking about it, the defense played pretty damn good.

              Comment


              • I said it before and I'll say it again- I don't think we see Mike Bell back here next year. He's been inconsistent at best and this last fumble just cemented his place in the dog house. While I like the guy and his story, his pass blocking and blitz pickups haven't been that good (see last year as well). He fumbled away his chance to move up the ladder on his first carry this year. When Mike Shanahan calls on someone to step up he gets really pissed when they don't. We keep Cecil Sapp and part ways with Bell. Sapp has shown he can do it when it matters.

                Comment


                • Another look at our team from the Bears game.

                  So I just replied to some thread about defense, which I previously thought played fairly average, not bad but not good due to us "melting down" in the fourth quarter when it matters most. But then I thought again, we stopped them for the most part, and three key plays that occurred on defense kept us from winning the game. Two were, in my opinion, bad calls from refs, and the other was a bad call from the coaches. There was the clear fumble that Hamza Abdullah would have taken to the house easily, the bad call on Dre Bly for the huge pass interference on 4th down call, which I remember pretty clearly. The contact, if it was even his fault, clearly did not affect the play as the wideout had a very good shot at the ball, but Bly made a play and knocked it out of his hands. Then there is that call on the first play of overtime.. the stacked run defense.. come on.. it was clearly going to be a pass. These all contributed to the loss, but didn't force the loss on us, we still lost the game. But, I do think the defense played a lot better than I had previously thought. Here's some stats.

                  Takeaways: 3, 1 int, 2 fumbles.

                  Total net yards allowed: 293
                  Per play avg: 4.3

                  Net rushing yards: 122
                  Per play avg: 3.8

                  Net passing yards: 171
                  Per play avg: 4.8

                  Red zone td stops: 4/6 = 66.7%
                  Points allowed total: 23 (which includes the one that came from the blocked punt)

                  Now lets look at regulation-only stats which is what we, or at least I, am most used to seeing.

                  Net yards: 245
                  Per play: 3.88

                  Net rushing yards: 111
                  Per play: 3.96

                  Net passing yards: 132
                  Per play: 3.77

                  Red zone def: 4/6 - 66.67%
                  Points allowed: 20
                  3rd down stops: 11/15 - 73%

                  Not too shabby, in my opinion. And the two touchdown drives by the Bears are - 4 plays 18 yards (punt blocked), and 12 plays 65 yards(4th down conversion via Dre Bly pass interference). Defense gives up longest drives of 65, 41, and 37 in regulation.

                  Let's look at the offense as well.

                  Net yards: 430
                  Per play: 6.1

                  Net rushing: 138
                  Per play: 3.7

                  Net passing: 292
                  Per play: 8.8

                  Points: 34
                  Red zone: 3/5 - 50%
                  3rd down: 1/12 - 8%

                  Okay, those last two figures hurt a bit. So does the rushing average, but overall, not too bad. I honestly don't think we are as bad as some people think we are. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there to see what you guys thought about it. I am looking forward to next week and the last games of the season to see how we do, but I like how we have been getting better this season, rather than meltdown at the end of the year like our previous few seasons.
                  Last edited by Kon; 11-28-2007, 02:52 PM. Reason: added drive info

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kon View Post
                    So I just replied to some thread about defense, which I previously thought played fairly average, not bad but not good due to us "melting down" in the fourth quarter when it matters most. But then I thought again, we stopped them for the most part, and three key plays that occurred on defense kept us from winning the game. Two were, in my opinion, bad calls from refs, and the other was a bad call from the coaches. There was the clear fumble that Hamza Abdullah would have taken to the house easily, the bad call on Dre Bly for the huge pass interference on 4th down call, which I remember pretty clearly. The contact, if it was even his fault, clearly did not affect the play as the wideout had a very good shot at the ball, but Bly made a play and knocked it out of his hands. Then there is that call on the first play of overtime.. the stacked run defense.. come on.. it was clearly going to be a pass. These all contributed to the loss, but didn't force the loss on us, we still lost the game. But, I do think the defense played a lot better than I had previously thought. Here's some stats.

                    Takeaways: 3, 1 int, 2 fumbles.

                    Total net yards allowed: 293
                    Per play avg: 4.3

                    Net rushing yards: 122
                    Per play avg: 3.8

                    Net passing yards: 171
                    Per play avg: 4.8

                    Red zone def: 4/6 = 66.7%
                    Points allowed total: 23 (which includes the one that came from the blocked punt)

                    Now lets look at regulation-only stats which is what we, or at least I, am most used to seeing.

                    Net yards: 245
                    Per play: 3.88

                    Net rushing yards: 111
                    Per play: 3.96

                    Net passing yards: 132
                    Per play: 3.77

                    Red zone def: 4/6 - 66.67%
                    Points allowed: 20
                    3rd down stops: 11/15 - 73%

                    Not too shabby, in my opinion. Let's look at the offense as well.

                    Net yards: 430
                    Per play: 6.1

                    Net rushing: 138
                    Per play: 3.7

                    Net passing: 292
                    Per play: 8.8

                    Points: 34
                    Red zone: 3/5 - 50%
                    3rd down: 1/12 - 8%

                    Okay, those last two figures hurt a bit. So does the rushing average, but overall, not too bad. I honestly don't think we are as bad as some people think we are. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there to see what you guys thought about it. I am looking forward to next week and the last games of the season to see how we do, but I like how we have been getting better this season, rather than meltdown at the end of the year like our previous few seasons.
                    Nive job. Yeah we should have won, but those 3rd downs kinda killed us to....past is the past...kill the RAIDERS!

                    Comment


                    • Sorry about that-wrong stat! 3rd down: 1/12 - 8%
                      Yet we scored 34 pts....

                      Comment


                      • You could have just edited it, for future reference. And yeah, the offensive third down percent was horrendus, and so are the special teams stats, but I didn't put those up, although I should have.

                        Comment


                        • Does this game look familiar to anyone?

                          Denver (5-2, 1-2 away)
                          New York Giants (4-2, 3-0 home)

                          1 2 3 4 T
                          6 7 7 3 23 Denver
                          7 3 0 14 24 New York Giants




                          Manning steers comeback to snap Broncos' win streak
                          Box Score | Play-By-Play | Conversation
                          Passing: Manning (NYG) 214 yds
                          Rushing: Anderson (DEN) 120 yds
                          Receiving: Burress (NYG) 84 yds

                          Its been done to us before. The following week, week 8 in 2005, we went into Philadelphia with the same mentality, we didnt finish last weeks game, so lets finish this week. We killed Philadelphia 49-21. It was a great game.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Snake=Superbowl View Post
                            I don't think we will see this team leave anything on the field no matter what our lead is now, at least it is a good wake up call for the entire broncos players and staff to always finish and play the same. LEt's hope this is a lesson to this team and we will finish every game out to the end strong and hard.
                            Seems to me we should have learned that lesson after the GB game. And we should have learned the ST are kind of important after Dante Hall did the same thing to us. How short our memories are!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
                              Sapp has shown he can do it when it matters.


                              It would seem that all our backs do.....until they get the start on gameday.


                              What's up with that?




                              PEACE!!!





                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by #28 View Post
                                I was going to start a thread entitled simply "DA REFS", but then I saw this.

                                I'm angry and bitter today not because we 'lost', but because we WON and were ROBBED of it.

                                You CANNOT call that kind of penalty in that situation unless its blatant, and Bly's touch was NOT. He barely touched the guy on the shoulder, what the hell is going on here?!?!

                                Now more than ever, I am in full support of a coaches challenge flag for penalties: ONE challenge per game, and only one, seems fair to me. There are too many games that end because of some fat idiot ref's bad call to allow this anymore. These pricks need to be held accountable for the calls they make.

                                NOTHING will ever convince me that Chicago was the better team yesterday, because they were NOT. They have ONE dangerous player that we underestimated. They were saved IN CHICAGO by refs who may be from Chicago, in the 4th quarter, on a FAILED FOURTH DOWN CONVERSION.

                                We were ROBBED. Plain and simple.

                                I have always been in favor of being able to challenge flags. Bad calls in games can (and do) influence which team wins and which team loses. You [officials] can't just hide behind the pretense "We're officials, so by definition we're always right."

                                Case in point: soccer. Refs just have wayyy too much power. Sure, throw the star forward out with a [second] yellow card for a supposed shove to defender - that, from another camera angle, didn't even consist of contact at all, but rather the defender tripping over his own two feet.

                                sigpic
                                They're your teammates, now.
                                Best of luck, TT!
                                ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                                sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                                Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X