No announcement yet.

Post game rants---Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^ I wouldn't say that. Both Young and Hall came through when called upon. Halls performance was pretty gutsy considering he hurt his ankle early on. Sapp wasn't expecting many if any carries and he came threw when counted on. Mike Bell didn't- it's as simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by spikerman View Post
      Apparently even the announcers were wearing those same orange-colored glasses, huh? That ball did not skip. When I first saw it live, that's what I thought happened too, but the replay clearly did not show that.
      Oh yeah I forgot, the announcers are always right.

Sorry, but I will believe the refs and replay man who are actually paid to make that call instead of 2 announcers. I will also believe my eyes that saw the ball hit the ground. Besides, if Cutler had actually put the ball on the money we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's his fault, not the refs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
        Oh yeah I forgot, the announcers are always right.

Sorry, but I will believe the refs and replay man who are actually paid to make that call instead of 2 announcers. I will also believe my eyes that saw the ball hit the ground. Besides, if Cutler had actually put the ball on the money we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's his fault, not the refs.
        No, they're not always right, I never said they were, but they're supposed to be objective and in their objective opinion, that was a catch. I officiate football so I'm never one to blame the refs. Read back through my posts, I almost always defend them because I know how hard and thankless that job is. The only reason I mentioned this one is because they had a chance to look at it on replay and still missed it (IMO). If they had ruled it no catch and didn't review it, I would have no problem with it.

Also, to correct one thing, the replay official doesn't get to actually review the play. The only time he comes into play is under two minutes and even then he only tells the referee that the play should be reviewed. The decision (in the NFL) is always the referee's. In college it's a different story. I agree that a better pass would have negated the discussion. Again, go back and look through my posts, I never have, and never would, claim that officiating cost the Broncos the game. Terrible special teams and the defense reverting to form cost them the game.
        "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

• Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
          ^^^ I wouldn't say that. Both Young and Hall came through when called upon.

I was speaking as the FULL TIME STARTER.........they just don't cut it....no one really does......yeah they do good for a game or two but then they just fizzle out.......or get hurt.....

PEACE!!!

Comment

• I watched it 40 times.. and still haven't seen the ball "skip" off anything other than the hand of the WR.

Comment

• I hear ya..Why would he fumble when he hasnt had that much playing time anyways.. You would think he would try much harder to impress..

Did you see the look Shanahan gave him when he came off the field... Priceless

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                Let me give you a ball and let YOU take that hit from Lance Briggs and see if you can hang onto it....Briggs' helmet was right on the ball, just a great play by a great defender.
                pet peeve #98: people using the "you try it and see what happens" speech.

its different for anyone of us carrying the ball. we don't make a living doing it

Comment

Working...
                X