X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazzman1987
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField View Post
    Let me give you a ball and let YOU take that hit from Lance Briggs and see if you can hang onto it....Briggs' helmet was right on the ball, just a great play by a great defender.
    pet peeve #98: people using the "you try it and see what happens" speech.

its different for anyone of us carrying the ball. we don't make a living doing it

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I hear ya..Why would he fumble when he hasnt had that much playing time anyways.. You would think he would try much harder to impress..

Did you see the look Shanahan gave him when he came off the field... Priceless

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I watched it 40 times.. and still haven't seen the ball "skip" off anything other than the hand of the WR.

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
    ^^^ I wouldn't say that. Both Young and Hall came through when called upon.

I was speaking as the FULL TIME STARTER.........they just don't cut it....no one really does......yeah they do good for a game or two but then they just fizzle out.......or get hurt.....

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• spikerman
    replied
    Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot, the announcers are always right.

Sorry, but I will believe the refs and replay man who are actually paid to make that call instead of 2 announcers. I will also believe my eyes that saw the ball hit the ground. Besides, if Cutler had actually put the ball on the money we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's his fault, not the refs.
    No, they're not always right, I never said they were, but they're supposed to be objective and in their objective opinion, that was a catch. I officiate football so I'm never one to blame the refs. Read back through my posts, I almost always defend them because I know how hard and thankless that job is. The only reason I mentioned this one is because they had a chance to look at it on replay and still missed it (IMO). If they had ruled it no catch and didn't review it, I would have no problem with it.

Also, to correct one thing, the replay official doesn't get to actually review the play. The only time he comes into play is under two minutes and even then he only tells the referee that the play should be reviewed. The decision (in the NFL) is always the referee's. In college it's a different story. I agree that a better pass would have negated the discussion. Again, go back and look through my posts, I never have, and never would, claim that officiating cost the Broncos the game. Terrible special teams and the defense reverting to form cost them the game.

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    Originally posted by spikerman View Post
    Apparently even the announcers were wearing those same orange-colored glasses, huh? That ball did not skip. When I first saw it live, that's what I thought happened too, but the replay clearly did not show that.
    Oh yeah I forgot, the announcers are always right.

Sorry, but I will believe the refs and replay man who are actually paid to make that call instead of 2 announcers. I will also believe my eyes that saw the ball hit the ground. Besides, if Cutler had actually put the ball on the money we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's his fault, not the refs.

Leave a comment:

• 91bronco
    replied
    ^^^ I wouldn't say that. Both Young and Hall came through when called upon. Halls performance was pretty gutsy considering he hurt his ankle early on. Sapp wasn't expecting many if any carries and he came threw when counted on. Mike Bell didn't- it's as simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by #28 View Post
    I was going to start a thread entitled simply "DA REFS", but then I saw this.

I'm angry and bitter today not because we 'lost', but because we WON and were ROBBED of it.

You CANNOT call that kind of penalty in that situation unless its blatant, and Bly's touch was NOT. He barely touched the guy on the shoulder, what the hell is going on here?!?!

Now more than ever, I am in full support of a coaches challenge flag for penalties: ONE challenge per game, and only one, seems fair to me. There are too many games that end because of some fat idiot ref's bad call to allow this anymore. These pricks need to be held accountable for the calls they make.

NOTHING will ever convince me that Chicago was the better team yesterday, because they were NOT. They have ONE dangerous player that we underestimated. They were saved IN CHICAGO by refs who may be from Chicago, in the 4th quarter, on a FAILED FOURTH DOWN CONVERSION.

We were ROBBED. Plain and simple.

I have always been in favor of being able to challenge flags. Bad calls in games can (and do) influence which team wins and which team loses. You [officials] can't just hide behind the pretense "We're officials, so by definition we're always right."

Case in point: soccer. Refs just have wayyy too much power. Sure, throw the star forward out with a [second] yellow card for a supposed shove to defender - that, from another camera angle, didn't even consist of contact at all, but rather the defender tripping over his own two feet.

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
    Sapp has shown he can do it when it matters.

It would seem that all our backs do.....until they get the start on gameday.

What's up with that?

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• Gator Broncos
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake=Superbowl View Post
    I don't think we will see this team leave anything on the field no matter what our lead is now, at least it is a good wake up call for the entire broncos players and staff to always finish and play the same. LEt's hope this is a lesson to this team and we will finish every game out to the end strong and hard.
    Seems to me we should have learned that lesson after the GB game. And we should have learned the ST are kind of important after Dante Hall did the same thing to us. How short our memories are!

Leave a comment:

• SoCaliBronco
    replied
    Does this game look familiar to anyone?

Denver (5-2, 1-2 away)
    New York Giants (4-2, 3-0 home)

1 2 3 4 T
    6 7 7 3 23 Denver
    7 3 0 14 24 New York Giants

Manning steers comeback to snap Broncos' win streak
    Box Score | Play-By-Play | Conversation
    Passing: Manning (NYG) 214 yds
    Rushing: Anderson (DEN) 120 yds
    Receiving: Burress (NYG) 84 yds

Its been done to us before. The following week, week 8 in 2005, we went into Philadelphia with the same mentality, we didnt finish last weeks game, so lets finish this week. We killed Philadelphia 49-21. It was a great game.

Leave a comment:

• Kon
    replied
    You could have just edited it, for future reference. And yeah, the offensive third down percent was horrendus, and so are the special teams stats, but I didn't put those up, although I should have.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    Sorry about that-wrong stat! 3rd down: 1/12 - 8%
    Yet we scored 34 pts....

Leave a comment:

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    Originally posted by Kon View Post
    So I just replied to some thread about defense, which I previously thought played fairly average, not bad but not good due to us "melting down" in the fourth quarter when it matters most. But then I thought again, we stopped them for the most part, and three key plays that occurred on defense kept us from winning the game. Two were, in my opinion, bad calls from refs, and the other was a bad call from the coaches. There was the clear fumble that Hamza Abdullah would have taken to the house easily, the bad call on Dre Bly for the huge pass interference on 4th down call, which I remember pretty clearly. The contact, if it was even his fault, clearly did not affect the play as the wideout had a very good shot at the ball, but Bly made a play and knocked it out of his hands. Then there is that call on the first play of overtime.. the stacked run defense.. come on.. it was clearly going to be a pass. These all contributed to the loss, but didn't force the loss on us, we still lost the game. But, I do think the defense played a lot better than I had previously thought. Here's some stats.

Takeaways: 3, 1 int, 2 fumbles.

Total net yards allowed: 293
    Per play avg: 4.3

Net rushing yards: 122
    Per play avg: 3.8

Net passing yards: 171
    Per play avg: 4.8

Red zone def: 4/6 = 66.7%
    Points allowed total: 23 (which includes the one that came from the blocked punt)

Now lets look at regulation-only stats which is what we, or at least I, am most used to seeing.

Net yards: 245
    Per play: 3.88

Net rushing yards: 111
    Per play: 3.96

Net passing yards: 132
    Per play: 3.77

Red zone def: 4/6 - 66.67%
    Points allowed: 20
    3rd down stops: 11/15 - 73%

Not too shabby, in my opinion. Let's look at the offense as well.

Net yards: 430
    Per play: 6.1

Net rushing: 138
    Per play: 3.7

Net passing: 292
    Per play: 8.8

Red zone: 3/5 - 50%
    3rd down: 1/12 - 8%

Okay, those last two figures hurt a bit. So does the rushing average, but overall, not too bad. I honestly don't think we are as bad as some people think we are. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there to see what you guys thought about it. I am looking forward to next week and the last games of the season to see how we do, but I like how we have been getting better this season, rather than meltdown at the end of the year like our previous few seasons.
    Nive job. Yeah we should have won, but those 3rd downs kinda killed us to....past is the past...kill the RAIDERS!

Leave a comment:

• Kon
    replied
    Another look at our team from the Bears game.

So I just replied to some thread about defense, which I previously thought played fairly average, not bad but not good due to us "melting down" in the fourth quarter when it matters most. But then I thought again, we stopped them for the most part, and three key plays that occurred on defense kept us from winning the game. Two were, in my opinion, bad calls from refs, and the other was a bad call from the coaches. There was the clear fumble that Hamza Abdullah would have taken to the house easily, the bad call on Dre Bly for the huge pass interference on 4th down call, which I remember pretty clearly. The contact, if it was even his fault, clearly did not affect the play as the wideout had a very good shot at the ball, but Bly made a play and knocked it out of his hands. Then there is that call on the first play of overtime.. the stacked run defense.. come on.. it was clearly going to be a pass. These all contributed to the loss, but didn't force the loss on us, we still lost the game. But, I do think the defense played a lot better than I had previously thought. Here's some stats.

Takeaways: 3, 1 int, 2 fumbles.

Total net yards allowed: 293
    Per play avg: 4.3

Net rushing yards: 122
    Per play avg: 3.8

Net passing yards: 171
    Per play avg: 4.8

Red zone td stops: 4/6 = 66.7%
    Points allowed total: 23 (which includes the one that came from the blocked punt)

Now lets look at regulation-only stats which is what we, or at least I, am most used to seeing.

Net yards: 245
    Per play: 3.88

Net rushing yards: 111
    Per play: 3.96

Net passing yards: 132
    Per play: 3.77

Red zone def: 4/6 - 66.67%
    Points allowed: 20
    3rd down stops: 11/15 - 73%

Not too shabby, in my opinion. And the two touchdown drives by the Bears are - 4 plays 18 yards (punt blocked), and 12 plays 65 yards(4th down conversion via Dre Bly pass interference). Defense gives up longest drives of 65, 41, and 37 in regulation.

Let's look at the offense as well.

Net yards: 430
    Per play: 6.1

Net rushing: 138
    Per play: 3.7

Net passing: 292
    Per play: 8.8

Red zone: 3/5 - 50%
    3rd down: 1/12 - 8%

Okay, those last two figures hurt a bit. So does the rushing average, but overall, not too bad. I honestly don't think we are as bad as some people think we are. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there to see what you guys thought about it. I am looking forward to next week and the last games of the season to see how we do, but I like how we have been getting better this season, rather than meltdown at the end of the year like our previous few seasons.
    Last edited by Kon; 11-28-2007, 02:52 PM. Reason: added drive info

Leave a comment:

Working...
X