Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey MUG, whaddaya say we break down some Ian Gold film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
    i'm not here to start shouting matches though so i'll just leave it alone for now.

Now that has to be the funniest thing I've read all week.
    "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

glad i could humor you. just curious though-why?
      Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
      Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

8 Tackles- Which, oh, by-the-way LED the team. This means he was in the right place to make a play more often than the other 10 teamates on the field.

Missed tackle @ Whiff, sure, ya got me there, except for one fact which I will explain in two parts (1) This is rampant throughout the league (2) A forced fumble AND an interception trump the errors by a country mile.

Comment

a stat sheet doesn't describe what those tackles looked like or where they were once the ball passed the LOS. i feel like we're already said that.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
          Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
            oh shut up, honestly. he played good this week, not great, but good.

but that doesn't erase a season full of horrid games. this topic is just proof the ian supporters don't have an unbiased one amongst them.
            That's bs....he's my adopt a bronco, I met his family at the Monday night Packers game, I love the guy....and no, I haven't been defending his bad play. But is it not ok to give him some ups when he has a good game....nobody has any issues giving him ish when he has a bad one.

I call em like I see em, whether I love the player or not....so don't bunch all us ian supporters...cause you don't know what the hell you're talkin about.
            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

yeah my apologies on that end of the comment, i was a little upset at the moment.

but i still think it doesn't erase a season full of subpar games. i'm sure he's a great guy. but i've got to be real about his play on the field. with football more than any other sport, i'm a fan of the team more than any one player. i want this team to succeed more than i want to see a favorable player starting. i think ian being traded or cut in the offseason to make room for a new playmaking will backer, or to shake up the lb corp in general, would be a good idea. i still also think there are also some who will defend him blindly, almost no matter what he does. i think this kind of mentality would hurt the team, cause we'd probably still have jake plummer, tatum bell, dealtha oneal, darius watts, etc. when i think despite many fans favoring them, we've made better progress in finding replacements and it'll show eventually.

Comment

Gold looks to be on the way out

I thought Gold played pretty well last week, but it looks like his time here could be coming to an end.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...wwhi112807.htm

Bates' job appears safe, but other changes coming defensively

Nov. 28, 2007

Sources suggest it would take the doors caving in the rest of the way for highly regarded defensive coordinator Jim Bates to lose his job after just one year in Denver, disastrous as it has been with the Broncos ranking 25th in yards allowed and 30th in points. Head coach Mike Shanahan is expected to show patience with the hand-picked Bates, who received acclaim for his previous work in Miami and Green Bay. But that doesn’t mean there won’t be some personnel turnover on the defensive side of the ball, perhaps plenty of it, especially in the front seven. Although money figures to be short in the offseason, the Broncos will be in the market for a space-eating defensive tackle who isn’t as limited as and plays harder than Sam Adams, as well as a middle linebacker who can hold up better vs. the run and allow D.J. Williams to move to the weak side, where scouts say his athleticism and speed would be put to better use. WLB Ian Gold’s play has dropped off significantly this season in Bates’ new scheme, and his days in Denver would appear to be up.
                _
                Card by broncos_mtnman Sig by MasterShake America: Freedom to Fascism Watch this!
                All you need to know about Yellow & White Bars, CPs, and Levels

Comment

If they replace him......the guy had better be just as fast or he will be eaten alive in Bates "lets throw the LB on their #1 receiver" scheme.

If Gold leaves he will find success elsewhere.

Why blame Bates when you can put it all on Gold.

We get rid of G Warren because Bates doesn't want a penetrating D Tackle, then we ask our DT's to penetrate.

We get rid of Deltha O Neal because he is a better wide receiver than a db, and he goes on to the pro bowl as a db elsewhere

The word here is scapegoat.
                  Last edited by Superchop7; 11-29-2007, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7 View Post
                    If they replace him......the guy had better be just as fast or he will be eaten alive in Bates "lets throw the LB on their #1 receiver" scheme.

We get rid of G Warren because Bates doesn't want a penetrating D Tackle, then we ask our DT's to penetrate.

We get rid of Deltha O Neal because he is a better wide receiver than a db, and he goes on to the pro bowl as a db elsewhere

Your right about the time Gold was on Jackson on 2nd and 33 against the Bolts. There is NO LB in the league that could cover him.. Well maybe Willis could,, That man has speed!

I disagree with you about G Warren though.. I don't think he wanted to play the position Bates was asking him to play. If a player don't want to be coached by the coach, then what can the team do but let that player go?

Dissension among the ranks is never a good thing even if the player has a good point. IMO, O'neal was over rated but he probably was the best CB we had on the team at the time. Again though, we really don't know what the situation was like with him and the coaches? When the coach losses the player, he has little choice but to get rid of him.
                    _
                    Card by broncos_mtnman Sig by MasterShake America: Freedom to Fascism Watch this!
                    All you need to know about Yellow & White Bars, CPs, and Levels

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7 View Post

We got rid of Warren because he didn't want to work with the scheme. This was a problem with him a couple years back, when the first year he was asked to do other things than RUSH the QB. He didn't want to work with the team scheme, and was complaining about it AGAIN... just as he did in Cleveland.... it was time to get rid of him before he started being a cancer. I think things just got to the point that the coaching staff was better off without him and his moping than keep him around.

Deltha O'neal was never labeled a better WR than he was a DB. We tried playing him at WR when things were breaking down. I don't know really what appened here. I don't know how the relationship between Deltha and Shanahan broke down, but they did. THat can be many things. That can be simply the personalities of Shanahan and Deltha didn't work together. I would bet that BOTH of them have grown since then. I know that I felt the release of Deltha was a bad one, but at the same time, Deltha's play had dropped SIGNIFICANTLY... especially after his play in NE where he dropped the KO, and then alllowed the tying TD. It probably was a confidence thing.

I knew when he left he would succeed elsewhere. But the difference is that he was pretty much still in the prime of his career. I don't think Ian will FAIL anywhere.. I think he can play still. I don't think he's in the prime of his career anymore however. Thats not a knock on him though.

Comment

Working...
                      X