Denver Broncos Tattoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broncos tattoo

I had mine done a few years ago. I am not trashy and it was something that I wanted to get for a long time. I display it proudly because I am and always will be a True Blue and Orange Broncos fan!!!
    Broncos, John Elway, nvjeanie. Established in 1960

Comment

And I thought I was a fan.

Comment

ahhh yeh. Johns head is a bit high on that dudes leg. Im not feeling that one. Its that the same guy who drives this?

I see Johns head in the window
        Last edited by rst08tierney; 08-13-2009, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          ahhh yeh. Johns head is a bit high on that dudes leg. Im not feeling that one. Its that the same guy who drives this?

I see Johns head in the window
          i am a die hard broncos fan and also have a broncos tattoo but this car is a litle too much for my taste. I can see someone thinking about painting their car in a broncos theme but i think it needs to be done with a little more taste and style. that car can look a million times better if the color scheme was redesigned a bit

Comment

whether or not its "for you" there is no denying that it is an incredible piece and very well done artwork. And to call the guy names and suggest he must be of lower intelligence is really more a reflection of your own intelligence than his. (and in case you didn't get that it wasn't flattering to you smack talkers)

Comment

I've been Brandon'd! Stokley signed my arm for the tattooing!

December 12th, Day before the Colts over Broncos...

We left around noon on Saturday, knowing we would hit Indy 'bout 2pm.

We got to Indy, but of course, I wrote down every direction, needed, but the one to our hotel! So, when we reached Lucas Oil Stadium, we knew we needed to head back, where we come from, to find La Quinta - Indianapolis East, Post Drive. Over a half hour, we tried to get back on 70 East, eventually asking a local postman, "How do we get back to 70?" We, my wife and I, definitely, didn't need any shortcuts, as time was winding... My interview with ESPN's producer, Chris Bloxom was at 3pm. I had no choice but to call him to inform that we got lost and had to check in so I could do some ironing and brush my teeth. "Oh, take your time, we're still setting up."

We made it to the Westin Hotel, again, having to pull over and call him from a neighboring parking lot of the Stadium. Circles around Capitol Street and South led us nowhere, ultimately finding out that we were within a block of finding it.

We pulled our crappy, 10+ yr. old Z34 into the Valet parking area amongst the Limos and ritzy cars.

Chris met us in the lobby and directed us to the meeting room and "Wow", walking into the room, there were cameras, cords, a cloudy blue backdrop and lights filled within.

I figured we'd be settin' on a couple chairs and chattin' back and forth. "Nope." I got that wrong. I started out on a stool and Chris fed me questions. I would take a piece and answer them up, so when the feature is run, attentively scheduled for the first Colts playoff day, it will be all me... 3 minutes to fit all our footage into. Of course, it will all be cut up and he assured me that it was going to look "badazz". Following, I stripped down to my NFL Colts shorts and up onto a turntable I went.

The sigs on my leg, but how awesome it looked on the tv monitors! They're gonna be so dramatic, I can't wait to see the final project. Chris, a young, great character, caught wind of my story from Upper Deck's Ultimate Fan release and took it to the ESPN Monday morning rap session. Since the article mentioned that I'd be goin' to the Broncos game in search of Brandon Stokley's and Darrell Reid's autotatts, his assignment was granted.

We spent 3 hours in that room and finally, all was explained about my journey... "Making It Personal Back". We made plans to keep in contact through the night, any new information we found out, about where the Broncos were stayin', we would meet in the morning to stalk outside their hotel until the players would start making their way to the buses.

We got back to our hotel 'bout 11.30pm. Chris and I talked and "no names mentioned", we decided to meet at the Hilton, just off 69N at 8.30am. There was an 80% chance that we would be able to catch the Broncos there.

We had breakfast and I dressed in my blue and white shorts and heavy Colt's coat, simply misting non-stop outside and chilly. My foot, from the Upper Deck tattooing, was blown up from the constant standing, Saturday, but was far from my mind. I had a mission and, certainly, this was not going to "stand", haha, in my way.

The sound tech, Jim, got me mic'ed up and I took off around to the back. I met Mary, manning18fan, and we headed toward the back door. Some players were already on board their buses, but we still, along with the camera man and sound guy, hung outside the back door. Eventually, the Broncos media guy come out and demanded us to walk away, not permitted. I, accidentally, claimed that I was with ESPN, because at this time, I freaked out, nervousness took hold, and should have remembered they were just there to follow me. (My apologies Chris and ESPN) Chris was able to chat a little bit and we were advised that we couldn't come into the hotel (we weren't guests), but who knew if Brandon or Darrell would need to pop out the front to see family or friends? Of course, we went around to the front and kind of, lingered around, keeping an eye open through the large window, giving us a clear shot of the elevators, lobby, and breakfast area. Mary and I, soon, walked into the little foyer area. I was still mic'ed up and the camera was on standby.

Sure enough, Brandon was spotted and we watched him walk into the breakfast area, fill his plate, and walk just out of our view to eat. We hoped he was eating, not sure at that point, if there was a door leading out, that we couldn't see. We waited. There he was, with a teammate, walking out and into the lobby. Camera started rolling. The sliding glass opened behind us, ESPN in sight at the same time the inner sliding doors opened, as Mary and I stepped just inside the lobby. Respectfully, without using my number ten voice, I raised my voice just loud enough, "Brandon! Will you sign my arm with the other Colts Super Bowl Champs!?" He glanced our way wondering what was going on, but he either thought I was crazy? Couldn't understand what I was saying? Wondered what these two Colt's dressed fans were doing there? Or freaked out because there was a camera documenting behind us? What ever the case, he turned and continued out of our site. Missed opportunity. Why I was held back by my conscious to march right in and give him the visual understanding may have been interrupted by the grasping of my ear by the bodyguard, security, to give me a quick, big kick in the behind and out to the curb. Jail did come into thought.

Mary and I decided to go ahead and meet at the Stadium.

We were there in time for the 11am opening of Lucas Oil. She and I headed down to the Broncos tunnel opening and waited. Most fans were allowed to come down, snap a photo, but had to move along and head back up the stands. ESPN was on the field, with Chris, and came over toward us, awaiting the greet with either, or both, Broncos in question. They were able to inform the security in that corner of the field to let the security near us know... "cut this guy some slack." Of course, Mary and I were joined at the hip!

Brandon was already on the field, but no sign of Darrell. We waited. Here, Brandon Stokley, was coming, my blood started pumping and a little kid off to the side, started hollerin' for him. Sorry to outburst, but... "Brandon! Please sign my arm! I'm tattooing the Super Bowl..." He started to sign the boys something, er ruther, and looked in my direction... "I gotcha covered" with a lifted pointer finger. It was happening... I was going to get BRANDON STOKLEY's AutoTatt!! I lost all senses of what was going on around me, with the exception of ESPN's camera was rollin' and the "boom" microphone was held high.

(Again, awaiting a photo from this Broncos fan, that stood next to me, as he informed that he got a great picture to email me.)

Brandon asked where to sign and I stuck my arm out through the railings and pointed to the lower side of my left arm... about 5 inches from Peyton Manning's! How sweet it was! I thanked him, after I stood up, and reached down to shake his hand! Signature #34 was going to get tattooed, following the game!! Mary and I waited a bit longer for Darrell, but by the time Darrell made his was through the tunnel, he was suited up, with about 10 other players and come running out with them, hyped up, energetic, and in the moment! Didn't think we were going to get it, so we left the area. My wife and I walked half the stadium to the escalators, when I turned back, thinking they would probably head back in. By the time I recovered my spot, down by the tunnel, the last couple players were headed in. At that point, missed opportunity. I have to believe there will be a next time. I was satisfied with Brandon! Well worth the trip!

We enjoyed the game and win!! The noise level, especially on the Broncos 3rd down, I have to admit, had to have been louder than any game played at our old RCA Dome! How awesome it was to run into so many fans there that recognized me from the IndyStar story and the Upper Deck story! Amazing fans, all around, that knew what I was doing and wanted to take pictures with, and of, me. I met a lot of great folks! All the looks at my viewable, signatured legs, from those passing by, etc... Wow. (I have been collecting autographs from our Colts Super Bowl Champion Team and having them tattooed! 32 players and both coaches, Dungy and Caldwell!)

After the game, we met the crew, again, at the Westin. Thank you so much... IvlaCelvl, aka Gary, for hooking me up with your pops, Gary Sr., to get me inked up. We took off to Delta 9 Tattoo Company - Underground, not too far away from Lucas. Yup, the camera, sound, and Chris, the producer, all followed along to capture the tattooing of our Super Bowl Champ, #83 Brandon Stokley! It's awesome and appreciated!

Thank you soooo much, Chris Bloxom, ESPN, and those local media operators that took their time to make me feel at ease! I couldn't have worked with any better crew than they were... a pleasure! Thank you Colts' security for assisting me with my journey! Thank you to both Gary's for getting me connected with the tattooing! Thank you, Charles R. for the tickets! And, most importantly... A huge, Blue thank you to Brandon Stokley, for making my trip to Indianapolis a success!! A true honor to have his name permanently inked on my skin for the collecting!!
              Last edited by coltsskindeep; 12-20-2009, 10:03 PM. Reason: Missed information...

Comment

Cool story, but i want pics!
                Demaryius Thomas Army Soldier #24

Comment

Originally posted by MNBroncs85
                  Your having a players autographed tattood. Thats weird and creepy.
                  Wrong Place and wrong time to post this dude. Theres a colts forum to post stuff like this.
                  The school yard bitterness here astounds me.
                  sigpic
                  And on the eighth day God said, "Go Broncos"
                  and the Broncos did go, and the villagers rejoiced.

Impending 92...
                  aka - Mr (circa 2003)
                  aka - MrDavis (circa 2002)
                  aka - ThankYouMrDavis (circa 2001)
                  S'been a long time, Good to be back.

Comment

Originally posted by MNBroncs85
                    Your having a players autographed tattood. Thats weird and creepy.
                    Wrong Place and wrong time to post this dude. Theres a colts forum to post stuff like this.
                    How is this wrong place wrong time?

Either way, that's pretty cool. I wouldn't go doing something like that, but it's a neat story and you're celebrating one of your favorite moments as a fan in the way to want to celebrate it and I can respect that.

Comment

• wheres the pics man

!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon X View Post
                        How is this wrong place wrong time?

Either way, that's pretty cool. I wouldn't go doing something like that, but it's a neat story and you're celebrating one of your favorite moments as a fan in the way to want to celebrate it and I can respect that.
                        Tough loss yesterday. Sorry i was just being a pr**k.
                        sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

• Hmmm...

Still tryin' to navigate my way through this site... Anyhow, if I can find a way to post... Oh, look there, Photos link, hang on...

Comment

• Recap...

Thanks for the kind words... There was this Broncos fan right next to me, that said he took a great picture of him signing me... I gave him my email, but nothing, yet. I've also emailed Chris, in hopes to get a still shot or the video of the moment... might have to wait till after my story airs...

Tentatively scheduled for the Colts first playoff day during ESPN's NFL Sunday Countdown... Sure they will be showing all the details!

P.S. If you see Darrell Reid... Let 'im know I'm comin' for 'im!

Good luck Broncos! My sis-in-law loves yaz!

Comment

• Thats a little bit different but cool story though. And cool pics.

Funny seeing you with all these different tattoos on you from different players

Comment

• This thread needs Bronco tattoos!! Hey, what do ya know, I have some of those..........

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X