New Found Perspective from a Skins Fan---Sean Taylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Found Perspective from a Skins Fan---Sean Taylor

After today's sobering news about Sean Taylor and a great deal of grieving it struck home how hard it is to lose a player you have a vested interest in. Taylor provided us with a sense of hope that I've never really felt before, he was my favorite player in sports. However, I just felt all day that Taylor wasn't getting enough coverage on ESPN, and it made me realize how little coverage the Darrent Williams and Damien Nash stories got. Losing a young player on a squad really feels like losing a close friend almost. I remember watching Darrent Williams at the end of last season, and thinking that he had a bright future and things would get better for him, only to never have that happen. I don't know the details about his or Nash's family or what was left behind, but it doesn't matter. It's absolutely tragic what happened and I just wanted to extend my simpathies to the Mile High Nation that I never did extend before.

A skins fan.

RIP 21, 27 & 29

I feel the same way for you, I remember getting up New years mornin to find out about Dwill and the shock that hit me.. and can only immagine the pain some of you may have gone through having heard that things were improving for Taylor only to find out he passed away this morning.

I hope you and all the Skin fans can feel comfort knowing there are prayers for you guys as well as Sean's family.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by ASkinsFan View Post
      After today's sobering news about Sean Taylor and a great deal of grieving it struck home how hard it is to lose a player you have a vested interest in. Taylor provided us with a sense of hope that I've never really felt before, he was my favorite player in sports. However, I just felt all day that Taylor wasn't getting enough coverage on ESPN, and it made me realize how little coverage the Darrent Williams and Damien Nash stories got. Losing a young player on a squad really feels like losing a close friend almost. I remember watching Darrent Williams at the end of last season, and thinking that he had a bright future and things would get better for him, only to never have that happen. I don't know the details about his or Nash's family or what was left behind, but it doesn't matter. It's absolutely tragic what happened and I just wanted to extend my simpathies to the Mile High Nation that I never did extend before.

A skins fan.

RIP 21, 27 & 29

Wow... What a great post.

Thank you for stopping in.

Your community has my condolences and prayers... although it's everyone's loss, you will obviously feel it the most.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

SkinsFan - feel free to drop in anytime.
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Yea like he said come back anytime. I like having real fans from other teams that are actually somewhat intelligent and you seem like you are
        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Its weird, isn't it? You've never met them, probably never will...but when someone from your team dies, its like you lost a brother.
          sigpic

TZ

Comment

Originally posted by #28 View Post

Its weird, isn't it? You've never met them, probably never will...but when someone from your team dies, its like you lost a brother.
            The players fall in love with the game... the fans fall in love with the players.

Even if we weren't a redskins fan, or even if people were broncos fans.. when someone passes you know about them and it does hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by #28 View Post

That’s so true

I can re- call watching d-wills service on the cbs4 website and i could not hold back thoues tears

To you skin fan i got words of encouragement

Sadly it wont be anytime soon but you will look back at this day and smile and say

"We lost a great person, but we all gained an angel”

RIP Taylor and Williams

Comment

Thank you very much for that post... May Sean Taylor and Darrent Williams and Damien Nash Rest In Peace and watch over their loved ones forever...
                "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
                R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Great post and keep stopping by......

My first thought when I heard the news this morning was how the fans of the Redskins were feeling......we all know the sorrow the family, friends and team are going through, but I remembered how I felt when hearing the news of DWill and Nash, and I feel the pain they are all going through, we as Bronc's fans all should know.

PEACE!!!

Comment

My sympathies to all the Redskins fans and players, but most of all to this young Man's family. Denver and really the entire Mile High nation was rocked by the shooting of Darrent Williams, so we really do understand. Time does heal, but does not erase, so honor this young man who meant so much to you all by remembering him for not only the athlete, but for the human being he was. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all.
                    sigpic

My adopted Bronco Is Matt Prater

Comment

guys I went to one of the redskin message boards, and when I read some of there topics I just cried a bit. Because we know exactly what they are going thru, some of them did not know what to do some of them said they can’t stop crying. Then I tried to become a member and tell them that everything will be ok, but there so busy it wont even let me in. so if you have access to a redskins message board do the right thing, and post a thread and say everything will be alright.

Comment

Yeah man trust me I feel for you. I was torn apart when we lost Darrent and Nash. More just stunned when I heard about the loss of Nash. The loss of Darrent and Taylor is just senseless killing. Best of luck to you and all the Redskins fans, and friends and family of Taylor. It's a shame when people are lost like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ASkinsFan View Post

A skins fan.

RIP 21, 27 & 29
                          Great post & thanks for stopping by. I've activated an account over on the Redskins board & I'm just awaiting approval.
                          My heart goes out to the Redskins & their fans. I remember losing it when D Will died. It torn a hole in me. When I was told at lunch today that Sean had passed & broke down, it brought back all the emotion from D Will & Damien's death. It feels like you lose a family member when a player dies.
                          Just know that Sean is in great company, playing for God's team, with D Will & Damien.

RIP Damien, D Will, & Sean
                          Last edited by RaiderHater9899; 11-27-2007, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Classy move NFL and players

All players will be allowed to wear #21 on their helmets Sunday, there will be a moment of silence.

Chop tips cap........twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7 View Post
                              All players will be allowed to wear #21 on their helmets Sunday, there will be a moment of silence.

Chop tips cap........twice.
                              Some people are offended because the same was not done for our fallen players, but I say:

"two wrongs dont make a right"

It was unfair that the NFL did not extend that honor to the Broncos, but doing it twice would be a shame. To preach about moral actions and not lead by example is just plain bad.

Bravo to all the NFL.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X